Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanader View Post
    Won't warlocks have brand new mechanics with the pacts added? Didn't melee power and ranged power alter mechanics of all classes?
    I just can't see why adding a toggle for an effect that already exists that is restricted to PvP area will bug PvE and above changes won't? They alter game mechanics much more, on a bigger scale and with more changes.
    And I do know PvP isn't balanced, that's the point of this topic :P
    Ecnomicly speaking, there is a demand for PvP but DDO supply for PvP is bad.


    kinggartk I fully agree with you, and our solutions is basicly the same.
    Only reason why I though damage reduction would be better is because there is already a skill doing the same thing (arcane barrier), and there is no skill that gives x100 hp. But im not a programmer so I have no idea which solution is easier and safer to make.

    No they won't have new mechanics at least not on the scale you are putting foth they will use current mechanics

    I think you over estimating the demand for pvp.


    Anything for PvP should be done with current mechanics and I think unlocking all abilities and boosting hp is a better way to go than nerfing


    Beware the Sleepeater

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Anything for PvP should be done with current mechanics and I think unlocking all abilities and boosting hp is a better way to go than nerfing
    As I said, I don't care which solution (damage reduction or increasing HP) will be chosen, since they give same result.

    Only reason why I think my solution is bit better is becuase I think it's easier to implement it:
    1) Modify arcane barrier - increase 25% to 80% reduction,
    - remove below 50% health requirment,
    - remove duration.
    2) Add PvP restriction - copy paste restriction that tavern potions have
    3) Give it to all players as a toggle in feat selection - copy paste sneak toggle and add copy paste 1) and 2) into sneak.
    And done. Hell, I'm sure that with my very limited programming skills I could do that in a day or two.

    How does that change game mechanics? And how does it change game mechanics on a bigger scale then introducing new class?
    If what you say it's true, howcome they don't introduce a warlock within one or two days? Why is it taking so long?

  3. #23
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,392

    Default

    The problem of the op is that he tries to improve pvp in this game:
    It is based on teamwork, deals with classes not designed for pvp, contains, extremely varied builds and gear
    You do not gain balance for pvp by simply adding in hp or arcane resistance (devs try and fail at that with EE's)
    i'm actually glad they didn't put to much effort in pvp, in my experience this often leads to bad behavior, grieving, etc.

    Aren't there plenty of pvp games out there?
    Try aion, it has plenty of open world pvp where lv 55's are hunting lv 20 lowbies for abys(pvp)points
    I bet there are plenty of other mmo's out there with beter pvp then DDO, some of them might even have busy work like daily pvp quests

    I rather have Turbine keep the servers running lag&bug free and bring out competently made content on a regular bases before i would support a chance in pvp, imho...




    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    You are basing this entire assumption on the idea that majority WANT to pvp, but don't because of the mechanics. Dungeons and Dragons has long been a cooperative game, it's roots and history are going to draw a lot of people that want to play a game together, cooperatively vs. killing each other.

    Also, players have the option to use a private duel arena and agree on rules before the fight, and yet...they don't. Makes one wonder if they really prioritize pvp all that much.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Aren't there plenty of pvp games out there?
    Try aion, it has plenty of open world pvp where lv 55's are hunting lv 20 lowbies for abys(pvp)points
    I bet there are plenty of other mmo's out there with beter pvp then DDO, some of them might even have busy work like daily pvp quests

    I rather have Turbine keep the servers running lag&bug free and bring out competently made content on a regular bases before i would support a chance in pvp, imho.
    Well that's pretty much the reason why I started this topic. You are saying it yourself: if someone likes to PvP go play other MMO. In my opinion that should be changed since almost all other top MMOs offer both PvE and PvP. It's not like our community is huge, I want more people to play this game.
    Earlier today i stopped playing DDO because I couldn't fom a nice group. So I decided to go check my mail. I did that. So i went to check AH. I did that. Then I was wondering what to do next I quited DDO and went to play other game. To bad DDO didn't have anything other to offer.


    And look at it this way, if turbine makes PvP better -> more people will stay playing DDO -> more people will buy TP points -> Turbine will get richer -> Turbine will invest time and effort in profitable game -> they will start to launch more contents.

    All those Anion players you mentioned that are PvPing at the moment, why aren't they PvPing in DDO? Why aren't they filling our servers? Why aren't they buying TPs? Why aren't they keeping this game alive?

    That quote is completely false and proves my point btw. Can explain in next reply since this one is quite long already.

    Btw, PvP isn't based on teamwork, varierity of builds, classes and etc? Didn't catch the meaning of your argument there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload