Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Unhappy 3 matters

So, 3 matters:

- As you may have read The green slot is not really there.
    - Text error: The description of the MRR bonus is wrong and actually describes the Heal Amp

- I'm guessing this may be harder to script, but it would make a lot of sense to maintain the slotted augment stones while upgrading an item...
    Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain,
    all those who reach the top see the same moon.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by JonBiryon View Post
    So, 3 matters:

- As you may have read The green slot is not really there.
    - Text error: The description of the MRR bonus is wrong and actually describes the Heal Amp

- I'm guessing this may be harder to script, but it would make a lot of sense to maintain the slotted augment stones while upgrading an item...
    We are aware of both of these bugs, and they will be fixed. People picking up the items now will be fine when this fix is made. Maintaining slotted augments through the upgrade process is far more complex, so unfortunately that's not in the plan for the near future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

This hunter week is really frustrating me. I only have 1500 remnants so in 5 days I have to earn 6500 just to get one item.... the prices seem a little inflated to me O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are aware of both of these bugs, and they will be fixed. People picking up the items now will be fine when this fix is made. Maintaining slotted augments through the upgrade process is far more complex, so unfortunately that's not in the plan for the near future.
    Yea, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply
    Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain,
    all those who reach the top see the same moon.

Quote Originally Posted by lotterholt View Post
    This hunter week is really frustrating me. I only have 1500 remnants so in 5 days I have to earn 6500 just to get one item.... the prices seem a little inflated to me O_o
    The items will be back someday... Just save up for next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotterholt View Post
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    I have never farmed for remnants; yet at this moment in time I currently have 7,116.
    2.5 days later, and I am now at 7,660 remnants (I am nearly at level 19, but still have all of Vale to do at 16). Mired in Kobolds was particularly good due to all the orange named.

Still no farming, still one-and-done of quests. I might be lucky, but my luck is sustaining pretty well.

I might be lucky, but my luck is sustaining pretty well.
    Or maybe you play a lot more? I get about 12 hours a week in. If someone else plays 4 hours a night and 8 on Saturday and Sunday, that's 36 hours, or three times what I play. Someone else may only play an hour 3 nights during the week and 4 on Saturday for a total of 7. If you got 550 remnants in 2.5 days - and sustain that number (as you indicated) then you are averaging over 200 remnants per day. Doing one-and-done means you are either really fast or play a lot.

Just saying I don't doubt your numbers, but play style and play time are bigger factors than luck.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Or maybe you play a lot more?.
    This.

It's also worth noting that even though Chi_Ryu is at the high at end of the remnant yield curve, he still hasn't gotten enough for even 1 single lv21 cloak/bracer.

The person who DID have enough remnants had this to say :
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2119 View Post
    i typically do 1-20 in 3-4 days
    Where as the average player is probably more like this :
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    But how fast do you TR? My shortest time from 1-20 is currently a little over 4 months. Since Champions and their remnants have come out, I've collected less than 1k.
    In my case, my main is L28 capped and I don't TR, and I ended up with around 100 remnants from normal play by the time the event started. With my playstyle, it'll take me a year for 600 remnants or 13 years for a lv21 cloak! Granted, I'm at the other end of the spectrum, but still.

So the whole idea of not needing to farm and getting these rewards "just playing" is to me not practical for many (majority of) players.

In my case, farming is the only real option to get it in a reasonable timeframe and now I have enough for a lv14 cloak (from farming). But because of the small time-limited event window and my own RL schedule, I prob won't make much more progress in this event. Which means I will have to wait till the next release to upgrade to lv21 which may take up to a year :
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Probably each reward will show up at least once a year, likely more.
    And I have yet to hear any good reasons for this time-limited event window.
    Last edited by MightyMe; 04-01-2015 at 05:35 AM.

These are Bound To Account items right?

As much as I agree with most who think the required remnants are too high at the moment but only because of the current drops. On the other hand I accept the Dev's game direction that this system is for long term play, and is only the start of something bigger. Therefore the BTA will allow them to be switched between alts.

I would be happier if this ONE system replaced many of the other crafting systems.
    Many of life's lessons are taught through games. So GAME ON!
    Ghallanda Server - Guild: Legends of Ancient Greece
    Characters: Kleftis, Archpapas, Polemistis, Elveis, Axesizis, Eurostos, Mihanodigos, Agiosmihanos, Trayoudis, Idikos ... so many more

Community Member

Or maybe you play a lot more?
    Indeed, I do play a fair bit, on average around 15-20 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm really more comparing my rate of acquisition with the earlier posts in the thread about people who did multiple TRs and still had only a couple of thousand remnants.

Just saying I don't doubt your numbers, but play style and play time are bigger factors than luck.
    Agreed entirely. However, I believe that play style is constantly being disregarded by many of those that are complaining about the prices of turn ins despite having done multiple TRs. I have more sympathy with the complaints about abysmal drop rate in Epic quests (since the difference for me is an order of magnitude, though I must acknowledge that I change playstyle at Epic, too).

My point has always been that it is not necessary to farm to get these rewards. If you play less, it will, quite naturally, take longer to earn enough rewards to cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMe
    It's also worth noting that even though Chi_Ryu is at the high at end of the remnant yield curve, he still hasn't gotten enough for even 1 single lv21 cloak/bracer.
    I hit 20 last night at 7,885 remnants. I don't expect to get enough for the ML21 bracers, as the drop rate at Epic seems markedly different to Heroic, but we'll see.

Still 0 farming for remnants so far, though.

(FWIW: The fastest 1-20 TR I've ever done took 6 weeks when I had a lot of play time, but that was a one-off. I tend to take more like 3 months for a 1-20, or 2-3 weeks for 15-20 Iconic, usually spending lots of time at Epic in between).

Note: I don't disagree with the core premise - that there is no good reason for the offer to be time bound, and that it penalises players who play less or in a different way (a better option would be as another poster mentioned - available 24/7, with a steep discount at special event time), but I don't agree that the only way to get enough remnants is to farm.

Community Member

nvm
    Last edited by Bingobong; 04-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.

I have only really run epics since the "change" to champions that "allowed" remnants to drop. I find it much easier to earn them at the lower levels of Epic then at the higher levels. Some of the earlier Epic quests seem to have more red mobs that drop chests or maybe it is that they tend to die faster so you don't feel gypped when you open a chest for 1 remnant. During the double remnant time I did run HH quite a bit and the JuJu Zombie section drops ALOT of chests on a run through. I have about 1700 without any real farming, I did try the DA EH trick and you can get a decent amount in the 1st wave. I find myself not running EH when I am over level as the champions don't really add anything but a basic distraction. If Turbine removed the over level no remnant part that would be great, just for Epic not Heroics. Currently I have not seen an item that makes me want to farm remnants, the Eternal Potions are nice but I already have two (Heroism and Rum) if I added another I would be in a real bind when it comes to using them.

Community Member

Still no farming, still one-and-done of quests.
    This is a common theme in all your posts. Somebody else has already accomplished what you're trying to do in this very thread, so I don't see the point of your posts. Everyone I know are getting their rewards by farming, myself included. It takes too long otherwise. Most people don't want to wait a year to get something since we may not even be playing a year from now. But it doesn't mean it it's impossible to get it without farming either, since someone has already done so.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobieDoo View Post
    This is a common theme in all your posts. Somebody else has already accomplished what you're trying to do in this very thread, so I don't see the point of your posts. Everyone I know are getting their rewards by farming, myself included. It takes too long otherwise. Most people don't want to wait a year to get something since we may not even be playing a year from now. But it doesn't mean it it's impossible to get it without farming either, since someone has already done so.
    I don't see the point in your post either, insisting that "everyone you know" is getting the rewards by farming. Someone else has already made that point in this very thread.

As to the "point" of my posts: I have presented my experience of remnant collection and been told that a) people don't believe me (well, that I can't prove or disprove) and b) that I have some kind of incredible luck and should therefore be ignored as an outlier. The poster that has 17,000 remnants completes TRs at a rate of 1 per 3-4 days, which is well outside the boundaries of 99% of players. I have completed one TR, one ER, one ITR and am about halfway through a second ITR, which is much more modest and I expect it to be achievable by a much larger proportion of the player population.

My continued posts here have also shown you snapshots of the rate of acquisition of remnants by standard one-and-done questing without farming and shown that somehow I am managing to sustain the rate of acquisition (if it were honestly so luck based, you would expect to see more variance in the rate of acquisition on a short term basis).

So I believe there is a lot more point to my post than to your "I don't see the point in your post" post.

Community Member

I don't see the point in your post either, insisting that "everyone you know" is getting the rewards by farming.
    The difference is I made 1 post while you made 6 in just the last 2 pages of the same thing. All your posts are replies to others, so you weren't just giving snapshots. It looks more like rubbing it in, like the post I quoted where the person you replied to was frustrated with his drop rate.

Community Member

The difference is I made 1 post while you made 6 in just the last 2 pages of the same thing. All your posts are replies to others, so you weren't just giving snapshots. It looks more like rubbing it in, like the post I quoted where the person you replied to was frustrated with his drop rate.
    Ah, and here's your real agenda. Why didn't you come out and say it right away? Pointing out how "pointless" my posts were with a "pointless" post of your own was just... pointless.

It is perfectly possible to reply to someone else (who makes a claim that " the prices seem a little inflated to me" - one I don't agree with) and go on to give a snapshot - just as I did.

I'm also amazed that people believe they should be entitled to get a time limited collectible item at the top tier the very first time it surfaces. It was exactly the same discussion about the Crown of Fire.

(I don't particularly agree that these items should be time limited, as already stated but that's another conversation).

Community Member

Ah, and here's your real agenda.
    What's my real agenda?

I'm also amazed that people believe they should be entitled to get a time limited collectible item at the top tier the very first time it surfaces. It was exactly the same discussion about the Crown of Fire.
    I certainly didn't say I was entitled to anything. I just said that I farmed my rewards like everyone else I know, as in people I actually know. I suspect very few people got the high-end rewards by regular gameplay. You imply the guy who beat you to it is outside the norm. Well you would be outside the norm too when you accomplish your goal since you would still belong to a very small minority. The fact that you make such a big deal about doing this without farming shows how rare it is.
    Last edited by ScoobieDoo; 04-02-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Community Member

What's my real agenda?
    It is not actually that my post was "pointless," it was that you believe I am showing off.

As if collecting remnants is any sort of achievement to boast of!

You imply the guy who beat you to it is outside the norm.
    No, I go much further than that, and state that I believe that the "guy who beat me to it"* represents less than 1% of the player base. I do not believe myself to be in the top 1% (or even 10%) of players on any metric, let alone speed of TRing. The point of that is not to discount that poster's experience, but to give a metric which will have been met by a much larger proportion of the player base (but still not the norm, sure).

* Do you think I believe this is some kind of a race, or that I am somehow proud to have accumulated remnants? If so, you are mistaken on both counts. The only thing I care about is that people still keep implying in this thread that getting 8,000 remnants before the end of the promotional period is only possible with farming, a perception which is just wrong. Heck, I'm not even buying the ML21 ones this time round, as a ML7 and ML14 are much more useful to me right now.

The fact that you make such a big deal about doing this without farming shows how rare it is.
    Me "making a big deal about it" does not directly imply "getting 8,000 remnants without farming is rare" as there are a statistically insignificant number of people commenting in this thread.

It may well be very rare, sure. It might not, too (talking about "everyone you know" is just as anecdotal as my experience that I present as a counterpoint). Me complaining is entirely unconnected with rareness, one way or the other. Nice try, though.

I certainly didn't say I was entitled to anything.
    Fair point, and apologies for misrepresenting that you were, that wasn't my intention. I was on a stream-of-consciousness flow about why I posted what I did, and there are plenty of posts in this thread which display that entitlement hence the comment; yours is most certainly not one, and I should have actually said that.

Community Member

The only thing I care about is that people still keep implying in this thread that getting 8,000 remnants before the end of the promotional period is only possible with farming, a perception which is just wrong.
    I don't think people are saying it's impossible for anyone to accomplish this without farming, since somebody already did it and nobody appears to be disputing that. But I'm pretty sure that deep down, you know that very few people are actually getting the 8K rewards by regular gameplay compared to those who farm. For me, farming is the only realistic way to get the top rewards before this window ends. I was so far away from 8k, it would literally be impossible for me to make it without faming with the time I had to play.
    Last edited by ScoobieDoo; 04-02-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Not a cake walk

I play mostly epics and there aren't as many places to get remants at level cap. However, Haunted Halls is no cake walk. You will go mad trying to farm on EH. You need to farm HH on EE. And you're gonna get bloody and might die. You still have to work for the renants. If you're not careful on EE those ghosts and spiders will take you down fast.

With that said, I ran HH on EE 3x per night for a month. That is how long it took me to get my crownie. Of course, I missed a few days and had 500 left to farm before I got my new hat.

It took 45 runs to have enough for a pair of mid-level bracers (4k).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast