Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vampire and Lycanthropy enhancement trees

I'd like to see these.

Something that works like the Harper tree.

You could take enhancements from these trees but the more points you spend the more vulnerability you have to positive and silver damage.

Yes, something like this is on one of those other games, but I want my DDO.

Vampire tree i can't see at all. It'd be essentially a pale master tree, except you don't have access to self healing unless you're a cleric, or a pale master. (speaking of which, they really need to give the vampire form DR/silver...)

Lycanthrope, on the other hand, i can get completely behind. Maybe give it some sort of charged shapechange ability into a druid wolf, extra dr/silver per core enhancement, bonuses to unarmed combat... extra natural armor... Maybe if you added a mockup of a tree, the idea would get much more of a following.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Can't see either

Vamp is pale master

And weres have no place on Eberron

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Can't see either

Vamp is pale master

Harper's don't belong in Eberron either, yet we have that tree. I agree that there is no place for a vampire tree, but it would be neat to see a standalone lycanthrope tree.
    Argonnessen - Descone

There are Shifters, which are an Eberron race. And the only people you have to worry about if you are a werewolf are the Silver Flame. :P

Can't see either

Vamp is pale master

Weres are the ancestors of shifters and definitely have a place in Eberron lore, though frankly shifters wold be more appropriate for the setting.

Hmm... if I recall correctly, aren't there some prestige classes from 3/3.5 edition that focus on shapeshifting? Those could be used as a basis for a werewolf tree, of sorts.

Yes, we have pale master and they have a vampire form, but a vampire tree wouldn't have a lich form. This auxiliary tree would compliment any other class. I want my fighter to have the option of carrying the vampire curse. Maybe something with a Ravenloft feel. A ranger stricken with a lycanthropy disease has role play potential too.

Might be appropriate is we gwt a ravenloft setting. But even then i think itshould be a new iconic, since that would make more sense to me.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Unsmitten View Post
    Harper's don't belong in Eberron either, yet we have that tree. I agree that there is no place for a vampire tree, but it would be neat to see a standalone lycanthrope tree.
    Not in my eyes plus the silver flame should have you hunted down once you set foot on eberron. what we need is the shifter race not silly weres

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    There are Shifters, which are an Eberron race. And the only people you have to worry about if you are a werewolf are the Silver Flame. :P
    Shifters aren't weres although the SF did try to,treat them so,at times.

Yes to shifters HELL NO to weres!

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    Weres are the ancestors of shifters and definitely have a place in Eberron lore, though frankly shifters wold be more appropriate for the setting.
    Agsin yes to shifters they are a race and not a enhancement tree anyone could take

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Domacett View Post
    Yes, we have pale master and they have a vampire form, but a vampire tree wouldn't have a lich form. This auxiliary tree would compliment any other class. I want my fighter to have the option of carrying the vampire curse. Maybe something with a Ravenloft feel. A ranger stricken with a lycanthropy disease has role play potential too.
    Not really there isn't much roleplay here it just doesn't work well in MMO's

Beware the Sleepeater

Lycanthrope tree sounds like it could be cool, and could give Monks some much needed help (although, that's still better done by fixing the class itself).

Eberron lore presents no meaningful obstacle to including them. They're not extinct, and Silver Flame doesn't care that much about them anymore. Besides, they'd make at least as much sense as Drow PCs in Forgotten Realms.

But I never consider PnP lore a meaningful reason to oppose or support a change to DDO, anyway. Only care about effects on how the game plays.

Not really there isn't much roleplay here it just doesn't work well in MMO's
    Then why do you so strenuously object on roleplay-based grounds?

Community Member

Something that works like the Harper tree? How is that going to handle the whole involuntary transformation aspect? You'd also have to implement the Control Shape skill. Unless you want them to have full control over their change, which would mean that that you want a race (a natural born lycanthrope), with a specific Were enhancement tree.

Crazy, but there are rules about these things in the mothergame.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

Edit: Also, for reference:
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domacett View Post
    I'd like to see these.

Something that works like the Harper tree.

You could take enhancements from these trees but the more points you spend the more vulnerability you have to positive and silver damage.

Yes, something like this is on one of those other games, but I want my DDO.
    i'd love to be a werewolf !
    vampire would be like PM, we have enough undead stuff (both enemies and pc's)
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    Something that works like the Harper tree? How is that going to handle the whole involuntary transformation aspect? You'd also have to implement the Control Shape skill. Unless you want them to have full control over their change, which would mean that that you want a race (a natural born lycanthrope), with a specific Were enhancement tree.

Crazy, but there are rules about these things in the mothergame.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

Edit: Also, for reference:
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/vampire.htm
    Involuntary transformation is obviously not appropriate for an MMO (except as an individual quest mechanic; that could be cool). It would indeed be "crazy" to use the rules from the "mothergame".

Basically, it would just be a shape-shifting enhancement tree. Reason being to allow combination with all other races and classes.

What if they added Lion of Talisid as a standalone tree. Give it an animal companion with it's first Core and have its level based on the points spent in the tree capped by your character level. Then with the other cores give access to cat shapes. Haven't put much thought into this, but would be a start.
    Argonnessen - Descone

I still think a Vampire tree would be cool. And not a PM, I don't want to be forced to take waggler levels. I want to make a knight of Vol. I also think it would be a good tree to put a Wisdom=hitpoints enhancement. Think of it as holding your body together by will power instead of guts.

I don't mind vampires coming in with all sorts of cool features: charm, super strength, super speed, super healing, immunity to many weapons, fangs, mist, bat and wolf forms and anything else that people want so long as they remember, in fiction there is a reason the hero always wins over the vampire:

A stake to the heart:
    take double damage from arrows, bolts and all other wooden weapons

The power of faith: vulnerable to good, take double damage from good weapons

Sunlight: Vulnerable to sunlight, take double damage damage from light based spells

Water: Vulnerable to running water, slowed by water attacks, major penalty to swim

Silver: Vulnerable to silver, take double damage from silver weapons

Decapitation: Vulnerable to decapitation, all successful vorpals do double vorpal damage

Fire: Vulnerable to fire take double damage from fire

Natural Sunlight: cursed effect, vampires cannot heal by any means they also take damage over time, meaning no matter how strong a vampire it will eventually die if standing outside in the sun.

Dead, properly, incontravertably dead:
    Positive healing spells will always damage. Raise dead and resurrect do not work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast