Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bag Deposit Box Feedback

So "bag deposit box" was on sales this weekend and I bought 2 (250 slots each) of them to bring up my total bag deposit slot to 520.

I put my 2 large collectible bags (80 slots each with 1 full and 1 at 40 slots full) in the deposit box and behold, total of 410 slots were taken up!

So 120 slots that was taken up in my collectible bags took up 390 slots in bag deposit box.

Turns out that while the collectible bags can stack up to 1000, bag deposit box only stack the collectibles up to 100.
    So if I had 955 small eberron shards, it would only take 1 slot in bag but 10 slots in bag deposit box.

Had I known this, I would of just bought a bigger bag instead (cheaper than about 1300tp i just spent).

Also, I should mention that paging through the bag deposit box (over 10 pages now) is painfully slow. If you don't know exactly what you are searching for (you can search with text string), its a slow slow process to go through the inventory (no sort option either).

If bag deposit box is working as intended, I think it's very poorly implemented.
    If you want to dump items in the bag that you don't have lots of quantities of then perhaps it's worth it (as long as you can remember what it's called) but for dumping everything that was in the bag like I wanted to do, it's just more hassle and uneconomical.

wow, that suks... hope they would refund ,but it is like pulling teeth there- GL though and give a try.

Community Member

Thanks for the heads up, just going to stick with shared bank and bags as at least the shared bank stacks remnants 10k high.

You weren't trying to dupe were you

On the serious side, I'm sure it's an unintended consequence which may be fixed one day ..................... in the future.

I'd love for them to add a level range to the search. Will help heaps with my 23 alts
    Many of life's lessons are taught through games. So GAME ON!
    Ghallanda Server - Guild: Legends of Ancient Greece
    Characters: Kleftis, Archpapas, Polemistis, Elveis, Axesizis, Eurostos, Mihanodigos, Agiosmihanos, Trayoudis, Idikos ... so many more

I use the bag deposit box to store all of the shards, seals and scrolls from the old epic crafting system, amongst other things. I find the search function to be sufficient.

Community Member

Thanks. I was actually just going to buy this, but I think I'll pass. Not that they care... "huh, remnants only stack to 1,000? Oh, we'll fix that right away!"

Turbine, you're losing money on easy-to-fix stuff.

Community Member

Just in case anyone cares for a different opinion: Bag deposit box is awesome, much better than bags. Stores all kind of stuff that goes into various bags/containers, including obscure stuff like tome pages, hireling contracts, arrows, augments, cards, ... When a character's bag is overflowing, I simply drag it into the deposit box (thus emptying it) and continue questing. Every now and then I log on my big bag dude and clean up the deposit box.

I find the stack size sufficient for normal quantities of items. Remnants stack at least to 8862 in a single slot.

Mordenkainen's other apprentice Vizar's Avatar

Default love the bag deposit area

I use this to put almost anything except the "normal" collectibles. My 14 characters all have huge collectible bags so I've just left that stuff in the red bags, but for sharing ingredients etc. amongst all your characters, nothing beats this shared bank area, I only upgraded once so 260+ slots. motes stack to 10000.
    But yeah different stuff stacks up in different amounts, so I do agree it would be a great upgrade (free or not) to be able to set all stacks to 10k or whatever

Can anyone explain the benefit of Bag Deposit Box?

I have 12 slots in Bag Deposit Box, keeping often used augments there and that's it.

As for ingredients/collectables I see no point of using Deposit Box since you can just put whole bag into shared bank (takes just 1 slot), which is much more efficient way to pass matts to other toons.
    Not to mention the annoyance that matts are automatically put into ingredients bag when you take them out of Bag Deposit Box.

If, by chance, I'll upgrade Deposit Box then I'll keep more augments there (don't need atm though).
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    Can anyone explain the benefit of Bag Deposit Box?

I have 12 slots in Bag Deposit Box, keeping often used augments there and that's it.

As for ingredients/collectables I see no point of using Deposit Box since you can just put whole bag into shared bank (takes just 1 slot), which is much more efficient way to pass matts to other toons.
    Not to mention the annoyance that matts are automatically put into ingredients bag when you take them out of Bag Deposit Box.

If, by chance, I'll upgrade Deposit Box then I'll keep more augments there (don't need atm though).
    Passing mats is a small part of the storage...Bags are way more efficient to store;sure - I dont like banking bags myself...how often do you really trade mats from toon to toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    I put my 2 large collectible bags (80 slots each with 1 full and 1 at 40 slots full) in the deposit box and behold, total of 410 slots were taken up!

Turns out that while the collectible bags can stack up to 1000, bag deposit box only stack the collectibles up to 100.
    So if I had 955 small eberron shards, it would only take 1 slot in bag but 10 slots in bag deposit box.
    Some things go in "stacks" of 1 in the depositbox where they would stack to whatever in your bags or even to a 100 in your inventory.

The upside is that you can search things easier and you have way less weight with you.

Community Member

That's because the bag deposit box has about the same stacking values as your inventory. And yes. Collectables in your inventory go only up to stacks of 100. (That's why I keep them in the bags all the time)

But why use the bag deposit box for collectables? If you want to pass collectables from one character to another, this space is fine or you can mail the unbound large bag to your crafter (I can't imagine anyone else needing all the collectables - everyone else needs specific ones).

For ingredients like shroud etc. that all characters may need, the bag deposit box works fine.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    how often do you really trade mats from toon to toon?
    All the time. That happens with 22 characters in assorted levels of TR and a 150 level crafter. Don't project your experience onto others.

OP, the problem is you got the Box thinking it would replace your bags. That's not what it's for. It's an adjunct to your bags. Also, mysterious remnants stack much higher in the Box than they can anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    All the time. That happens with 22 characters in assorted levels of TR and a 150 level crafter. Don't project your experience onto others.

OP, the problem is you got the Box thinking it would replace your bags. That's not what it's for. It's an adjunct to your bags. Also, mysterious remnants stack much higher in the Box than they can anywhere else.
    I actually tend to agree with this.

The Bank Deposit Bags (BDB) are useful for a certain type of person for a certain types of uses. For example, if the item is a low stack item (e.g. scrolls, shards, seals) with a common search term property, then you might consolidate it in the BDB. That also works well with a certain type of person (namely a hoarder still collecting/holding things like scrolls, seals shards). It's also fewer clicks to store and remove. So, if you have several of a type of item that can stack high, but you only want on one character then moving it through the bank is probably easier. For example, I pass my cannith essences and epic fragments through the BDB to one crafter. I find it easier to just dump them in there and when I get around to the crafter pick them back up. Sometimes they'll be more than one stack of a particular item (e.g. token fragments) but that's ok. What I haven't done is just drop all my collectibles in there, for that its still better for me to just use the old bag in the shared bank method.

Basically, its a hammer but not everything is a nail, or whatever the saying is.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Bounty Hunter

I love it!

I use it to store baggable items that I would be most likely to share so I don't have to go from character to character searching for it!

- Shroud mats
    - Thunderforge mats that aren't bound
    - All kinds of tapestries
    - Useful seals, shards and scrolls
    - Collectibles used in stone of change rituals
    - Augments
    - Festival mats
    - Dragonshards of all kinds
    - Challenge mats
    - Common cannith crafted, potential and masterful craftmanship shards I often use so I can grab when needed
    - Inspired quarter ingredients
    - Arrows used in cannith crafting
    - Shavarath mats
    - Shield fragments and tome pieces from Necropolis
    - Jeweler's kits

Things I am not likely to share I keep in character bags unless I run out of space.

If you are using it as storage for your main character and only really run one character a store bag is definitely better. This storage is best used when you have multiple characters and want to access commonly used baggable items quickly. It's a big time-saver for me.

I have never regretted buying the deposit bag upgrade1.
    Will be capping it out with the current sale.

Would be nice if the stack limits were bumped on some stuff, but is still very helpful as is.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

I wish the bag deposit box allowed for stacks similar to a bag size stacks. But, meh...it is what it is.

However for organizing things between characters I like it. It's much more simple than what used to be my Excel tracking sheet...every Sunday I had to go through all my toons and count quantities of items that get used, then update my sheet. Used to take an hour but at least then I could quickly know which toon had what for passing around.

And since I can't name bags, it's easier than having 5 different bags in my shared inventory and double check each one to figure out which one had my shroud things, cannith essences, and etc. That was assuming I wasn't keeping extra ingredients on my toons because the bag was full.

I happen to really like the Deposit Box.. it allowed me consolidate all kinds of random materials/fragments/tokens/doohickies across characters, and now after questing I can just drop the collectible and ingredient bags into the box and empty them out. Even if I never use most of the stuff that's in the Deposit Box, it's great to have it in one place.

I do have some complaints, though (of course )

I agree that the stack limits are kind of wonky. I didn't realize that I was making dozens of stacks of String of Prayer Beads or Funerary Tokens, at 100 a pop. That took up a lot of Box space. I'd like to be able to consolidate those.

And I'd also like some kind of auto-sort -- or at least the ability to physically sort.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post

This has been my experience as well.. I don't use it as a storage location.. more of a transfer station.
    I pass stuff into it then consolidate on my crafter who has several bags to hold all my various collectibles/ingredients/cookies/whatever other junk I find.
    Then if I am looking for something specific, I have the 1 go to toon that carries all these various shinies.

Personally I find the "Bag Deposit Box" is too small to be considered a viable storage destination..
    Increasing the storage size by a factor of 10 and Changing stack size to 100,000 would help... considering all the stacks of Siberys and Khyber dragonshard fragments..and that I have several large, Huge, Gargantuan, Colossal bags on several toons... to be able to use the "Bag Deposit Box" as a destination it would have to hold more than my combined bags.

I do tend to leave a few use and go items like Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, but mostly just clear everything else into my multi-bag storage toon.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 03-13-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Some things go in "stacks" of 1 in the depositbox where they would stack to whatever in your bags or even to a 100 in your inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapco View Post
    huh, remnants only stack to 1,000?
    This is not true. If you are finding you can only put 1 or 1000 Mysterious Remnants into a stack in your Deposit Box, you would be experiencing a bug that others are not seeing, and that would NOT be working as intended. (We haven't had any verified reports of this happening, however.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, just going to stick with shared bank and bags as at least the shared bank stacks remnants 10k high.
    Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Just in case anyone cares for a different opinion: Bag deposit box is awesome, much better than bags. Stores all kind of stuff that goes into various bags/containers, including obscure stuff like tome pages, hireling contracts, arrows, augments, cards, ... When a character's bag is overflowing, I simply drag it into the deposit box (thus emptying it) and continue questing. Every now and then I log on my big bag dude and clean up the deposit box.

I find the stack size sufficient for normal quantities of items. Remnants stack at least to 8862 in a single slot.
    As others have noted, items in the Deposit Box should have the same stack size as your inventory. As Mysterious Remnants stack up to 10,000 in your inventory the same is true in the Deposit Box.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 03-13-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast