Default A collection of teaching raid videos for new players

Hey e1!

The High Lords of Malkier on Sarlona have been hosting community teaching raids for new players during the winter and spring every year since 2014. In the 2015 season we recorded the events and posted the videos in the Sarlona forum. I thought I would bring them all together in a post here as a resource for all.

In the 2017 season, we live streamed the events on my Youtube channel and I've added some of the live stream teaching raid videos to the list below to fill in some newer raids that weren't around when we did the videos a couple years ago. This collection represents every raid in the game. Enjoy!

Old Baba's Hut and The Curse of Strahd 5/12/18 (live stream)

• Baba starts at about 8:00
    • Strahd starts at about 53:00

Riding the Storm Out teaching raid 1/13/18 (live stream)

Shroud Teaching Raid 1/3/15
    (heroic)

Legendary Shroud Teaching Raid 1/7/17 (live stream)

Epic Demon Queen (Zawabi's Revenge) Teaching Raid 1/10/15

Epic Chronoscope Teaching Raid 1/17/15

Hound of Xoriat Teaching Raid (heroic and legendary) live stream 3/11/17 (pathing shown to heroic raid, using the hall tanking method. At the end of the heroic instance I discuss and compare the various methods)

Vision of Destruction Teaching Raid 1/24/15 (with pathing shown)

Fire on Thunder Peak Teaching Raid 5/9/15

Temple of the Deathwyrm Teaching Raid 1/31/15

Caught in the Web Teaching Raid 2/14/15

Mark of Death Teaching Raid 2/28/15

Tower of Despair Teaching Raid 3/7/15

Abbot (Accursed Ascension) Teaching Raid 3/14/15 (all puzzles shown)

Reaver's Fate Teaching Raid 3/21/15

Fall of Truth Teaching Raid 3/21/15

Epic Vault of Night (VON 5) Teaching Raid 3/28/15

Epic Plane of Night (VON 6) Teaching Raid 3/28/15

Twilight Forge (Titan pre-raid) Teaching Raid 4/25/15

Titan Awakes Teaching Raid 4/25/15

Epic Master Artificer Teaching Raid 5/2/15 (with pathing shown)

Epic Lord of Blades Teaching Raid 5/2/15 (with pathing shown)

Defiler of the Just Teaching Raid 1/21/17 (live stream)

Legendary Tempest's Spine Teaching Raid 4/1/17 (live stream) ...This is a MOD and TS event. TS starts at 1:18 in the video.

Also check out my Learning to Solo Raids video and you can find more raid videos on my Youtube channel!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 05-13-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Default Legendary Hound of Xoriat added!

Our teaching raid series is back for 2016 and is now in its 3rd week!

Legendary Hound of Xoriat is a new addition for our teaching raid series, so I made a video of the event.
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 01-12-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Default 2017 Teaching Raid Series goes live streaming

I've added a lot of supplemental videos to the list since I made the op. I also just added the live stream of the Legendary Shroud teaching raid that we did last Saturday.

I am planning on live streaming most of our teaching raids this year, so if you're not on Sarlona and can't join us, you can watch them live! I will be streaming through my Youtube channel

Default Riding the Storm Out added!

I've added our live streamed teaching raid of the new u35 raid Riding the Storm Out to the list! This raid has only been out for a few weeks, so new information and strategies may emerge, but this shows how the raid works on LN and I discuss tips and important mechanics to get you started if you're newer to it!

[edit]: I removed the video that was here and replaced it in the op with a newer live stream we did on 1/13/18, which has more information about raid mechanics that we didn't understand as well when it first came out.
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 01-15-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Default 2018 Teaching raid live streams

I wanted to let everyone know that our 2018 teaching raid series has begun! We are live streaming the events again this year on my youtube channel, so even if you're not on Sarlona, you can watch, learn and ask questions about some of the raids that you are new to or still learning. Every week I post details of the events in the Sarlona forum, which will typically be every Saturday at 9pm EST during the winter and spring.

I am planning to add the new Ravenloft raids to the op list soon