Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

ahaha, these things happen

when the update is released i'll post again with any changes it turns out we need to make

I just wanted to thank you guys for your hard work updating the planner. Well done!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Hey all, got an email that people were trying to keep this up to date. Just thought I'd check in to say go for it, that's awesome. There is a very small chance I might jump back into this if the data is up to date; the update where all the epic destinies changed kind of killed what little motivation I still had for working on it. It's highly unlikely, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    I don't have his wikicrawler
    You do, actually, but you need VB6 to use it. The crawler is built into the character builder directly, but is hidden when running the compiled exe. If you run the source code from the IDE, the wiki crawler appears in the Tools menu.

The crawler ONLY updates descriptions. No ability names, no AP costs, no nothing. Just descriptions. Takes about 10 minutes to run. If you do use it, I stopped crawling spells a long time ago and then updated spell descriptions as they changed by hand. It's almost guaranteed the wiki pages that are crawled for spells are not up to date (they never were up to date) so I would recommend skipping spells and just crawling enhancements and destinies.

EDIT: Just took a look. The crawler is found via Tools => Refresh Data, and choose the "Refresh Trees" button. That will update all enhancement and destiny trees, but skip the spells. Spell descriptions need to be maintained by hand, but they don't change much so it's not that much of a hassle.

WB, if only briefly. Your lasting contributions to the game are appreciated, and your presence missed. GL out doing whatever your new free time allows you!
    o/

SSG should do one of their own just for shivs and goggles. I'd pay 10-20 dollars for a thorough and concise planner with some artwork and lore stuff, and that auto-updated with patches/updates/hotfixes. They should have the ability to do something like this. Something with the option to be minimalist like Ellisdee's or the ability to map out almost every detail with stats, etc, by level like Ron's.

I appreciate the work Ellisdee put in to this and it's worth that at least, if not more.

Default Alchemist

Great stuff!

Are you waiting for alchemist to release to add it to the character customizer. I'd like to mess around with some theory builds with alchemist. Was wondering if you're planning on implementing that soon.
    Icedtea - CashierTwo - Jolyrancher - Arrance - Antiquary - &4/5 more
    Proud member of The Dead Poets Society

Also, I can't change my build to 36 point. It's greyed out for some reason. Can only go up to 32 pt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    SSG should do one of their own just for shivs and goggles. I'd pay 10-20 dollars for a thorough and concise planner with some artwork and lore stuff, and that auto-updated with patches/updates/hotfixes. They should have the ability to do something like this. Something with the option to be minimalist like Ellisdee's or the ability to map out almost every detail with stats, etc, by level like Ron's.

I appreciate the work Ellisdee put in to this and it's worth that at least, if not more.
    My character planner allows you to get right down to the details. Link in my signature.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krolikru3 View Post
    Great stuff!

Are you waiting for alchemist to release to add it to the character customizer. I'd like to mess around with some theory builds with alchemist. Was wondering if you're planning on implementing that soon.
    Build 95 released yesterday of my planner supports Alchemist as seen on Lamannia. Just missing the spell descriptions at the moment.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Quote Originally Posted by krolikru3 View Post
    Great stuff!

i checked and the classes are in a straightforward txt file too but to get the program to actually read them we have to get into the source code, which means we'd have to compile and upload the actual .exe somewhere. this isn't impossible obviously but it's going to require more than a simple c/p off the forums. once the update goes live i was intending on doing enhancements/destinies again anyway, if no one else has taken care of alchemist by then i'll look into it too

of course, if we really wanted to we could just edit the txt for (say) favored soul to be what artificer is, then you could just use the planner that way mentally substituting alchemist where it said favored soul (or whatever class you didn't happen to be using in that build)

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Build 95 released yesterday of my planner supports Alchemist as seen on Lamannia. Just missing the spell descriptions at the moment.
    Legendary Solid Sound is missing from item list. Quest found: Soul Survivor

Community Member

I may look into throwing the CBL into a public github repo, that would allow people to download it, and also to make update requests to. If anyone would be interested in such a setup.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950