Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    At my computer. How else could I post this?

Default v3.1.5

Awesome job on v3.1.5!! So many changes, new race, new iconic, new Inquisitive tree. This is used by so many DDO players, you should be on SSG's payroll, or at least have an honorary lifetime VIP account as creating a character plan increases game interest.

A couple of things I noticed from this last version, which I just work around is:
    1) Falconry T4 "Shared Vision" has only one rank. I just take one rank when planning, but it offers 3 ranks (easy data fix I think).
    2) This other probably not practical to change now, but just want you to be aware of it. The Ultimate Sharn bundle gives a +1 "Universal Enhancement Point Tome" to every character and it applies only to Falconer, Harper, Inquisitive & Vistani trees. With the planner I just add 1 extra racial AP as if I had an extra racial AP tome, but it does cause some minor glitches, because it expects me to spend that point for racial AP. Is there a way I could change a data file to allow AP past life/tomes to apply to both racial & universal trees?

Sorry! I don't want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea -any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!
    - Bilbo Baggins

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Thanks SO much for keeping this up to date Mr. Dee! And thanks for implementing the shading on the skills page, it's marvellous!

I have another request: I tend to SAVE my files regularly after every major change and especially before moving on to the next edit page (legacy of the old runtime errors), it would be a real QoL thang to have keyboard shortcuts for SAVE <ctrl+s> and SAVE AS <ctrl+shift+s>. Is this possible? You could maybe go the whole hog and add NEW <ctrl+n>, OPEN <ctrl+o> and CLOSE <ctrl+w> too?

Thanks

TM

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Monkey View Post
    I have another request: I tend to SAVE my files regularly after every major change and especially before moving on to the next edit page (legacy of the old runtime errors), it would be a real QoL thang to have keyboard shortcuts for SAVE <ctrl+s> and SAVE AS <ctrl+shift+s>. Is this possible? You could maybe go the whole hog and add NEW <ctrl+n>, OPEN <ctrl+o> and CLOSE <ctrl+w> too?
    Excellent idea.

Community Member Thunder-Monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Excellent idea.
    Huzzah!

(unfortunately... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EllisDee37 again.)

Thanks from me and her, sat there.

TM

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Updated May 25th, 2019

Cannith Crafting Builder Lite v3.0 release notes:

• (no changes)

I'm getting a subscript out of range error when I'm using Gearset -> Review -> Ingredients button. Always crashes, even if no effects are selected.

Thanks
    Farog on Khyber

Lightbulb Licensing?

Have you considered including explicit licensing terms with the compiled program and with the source code? Generally, all it takes is including a plain text file (customarily called "LICENSE") in the root directory of the ZIP file (or tarball or whatever). That way people know the rights that they have w.r.t. the software. A particularly popular one is version 2.0 of the Apache License (https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0), although since this is a fully executable program (not a library), you're probably better off with version 3 of the GNU General Public License (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html) or version 3 of the GNU Affero General Public License (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html).

Default Gray screen on character builder.

Just downloaded the files and when I open the character builder all I get is a gray screen. Crafter and Compendium open fine. I'm not too techy so any help is appreciated. Running Win 10 and not very familiar with it.
    Last edited by shawncthayer; 08-31-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    I am Halendon, Halaseus, Valmech and Kelzin
    Order of the Emerald Claw
    Argonessan

Quote Originally Posted by shawncthayer View Post
    Just downloaded the files and when I open the character builder all I get is a gray screen. Crafter and Compendium open fine. I'm not too techy so any help is appreciated. Running Win 10 and not very familiar with it.

Is there a "File" button on the top on the border? (The buttons are subtle) If so, click on it and select "new".
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    Is there a "File" button on the top on the border? (The buttons are subtle) If so, click on it and select "new".
    Yeah, that should be it, "File/New".

Or "File/Open" to see a saved build (there is one sample build included, iirc), "/Edit" to change an existing build, "/Import" to copy/paste a forum build (with that formatting) into the editor, "/Export" to post a build on the forums, etc. etc.

Thanks for the help. I'm used to an "older" version where the template to change/input any info pops right up. A little patience prolly would have paid off. Now that I see it, it looks nice. CHEERS!
    I am Halendon, Halaseus, Valmech and Kelzin
    Order of the Emerald Claw
    Argonessan

Hope we'll be seeing the updates to EDs and to pm soon, but it's not killing me, so when you get to it I guess.

I was actually wondering if it might be possible to display the notes, say at the bottom of the build sheet? Not a huge inconvenience to go into edit/overview, but tbh I can forget that there might be some reason to look, lol.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the game and tc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849