Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    12 ranger / 8 rogue is better dps ????

You lose around 5sneak attack dice but gain an enormous difference in Crit profiles. From 18:20x3 to 14/20x3. You can keep all your side rotations anyway and do moar dps.

Saves are for weaklings anyway, so screw 2 paladin. Besides you can then focus on dexterity to damage and do way more dps via higher hide skill. That while keeping nice reflex saves.

So ditch the paladin go full glass cannon and the bestamest dps! Except that it isn't but it is nevertheless good and a very nice concept to use the dodge rotations.
    hey, i do my job ;]

done its stuff .... stupid unreliable brutshman or call like want, test , now it's time for you

4 phase is 1.dmg on stock 2.load blitz 3.full burst dmg on blitz 4.brutshman test (no blitz ther, just full burst)

Community Member

Default Outdated?

Hey ! Sorry for replying in an old post but i stumbled upon this build in the forums and i found it really exciting. Was hoping to TR in something like this for my 6th life and was wondering if the build is still viable for end-game mid-skull reapers and raids or is it outdated. If so what do u think needs changing to adapt? Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The original build predates the ranger buffs in update 28. So while it still works as originally intended, AFAIK, it doesn't benefit from all the DPS buffage to the higher-lvl core enhancements (particularly Tempest). Compared to e.g. Tempest Trapmonkey, you're trading the extra crit damage and doublestrike / offhand procs from Tempest cores for extra sneak atks from rogue lvls + Imp Sneak Atk epic feat. At best it's a wash, at worst it's behind. Also warhammers got nerfed by balance changes in U28 so we went back to khopeshes being best for STR Tempests. The more things change...

Finally the devs changed how Elaborate Parry works; it's now based on your DEX mod so it's a little less useful to STR builds like this one than it used to be.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The original build predates the ranger buffs in update 28. So while it still works as originally intended, AFAIK, it doesn't benefit from all the DPS buffage to the higher-lvl core enhancements (particularly Tempest). Compared to e.g. Tempest Trapmonkey, you're trading the extra crit damage and doublestrike / offhand procs from Tempest cores for extra sneak atks from rogue lvls + Imp Sneak Atk epic feat. At best it's a wash, at worst it's behind. Also warhammers got nerfed by balance changes in U28 so we went back to khopeshes being best for STR Tempests. The more things change...

Finally the devs changed how Elaborate Parry works; it's now based on your DEX mod so it's a little less useful to STR builds like this one than it used to be.

I see. Thanks for the reply . So you think a dex-based build with khopeshes and maxing dodge going heavy ranger with a rogue splash for trapping would be better for the current state of the game?

I think this build could come back in a slightly different form, same concept—just use daggers. The idea is to rotate dodge clickies so ranger elaborate parry, rogue uncanny dodge, and Mist Stalker Vistani
    Last edited by Saekee; 11-24-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Sorry, missed these posts over Thanksgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozik View Post
    So you think a dex-based build with khopeshes and maxing dodge going heavy ranger with a rogue splash for trapping would be better for the current state of the game?
    DEX-based doesn't work with khopeshes; you have to go either STR-based or INT-based with Harper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    I think this build could come back in a slightly different form, same concept—just use daggers. The idea is to rotate dodge clickies so ranger elaborate parry, rogue uncanny dodge, and Mist Stalker Vistani
    I considered it, but the problem is the AP distribution: something like 41 Vistani (capstone) / 38 Tempest (tier-5) doesn't leave enough APs for, well, anything else.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Sorry, missed these posts over Thanksgiving.

DEX-based doesn't work with khopeshes; you have to go either STR-based or INT-based with Harper.

I considered it, but the problem is the AP distribution: something like 41 Vistani (capstone) / 38 Tempest (tier-5) doesn't leave enough APs for, well, anything else.
    elaborate party is tier 4 tempest with three ranks, so that only requires 23 AP. The rogue uncanny dodge needs 8 rogue levels so I figure some splash with 8 rogue and not 12 ranger—maybe fighter or monk? I haven’t considered the stacking effects from ranger cores but I assume they do not stack with Vishanti.

With monk you can go water stance and be really dodge-based.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    elaborate party is tier 4 tempest with three ranks, so that only requires 23 AP. The rogue uncanny dodge needs 8 rogue levels so I figure some splash with 8 rogue and not 12 ranger—maybe fighter or monk? I haven’t considered the stacking effects from ranger cores but I assume they do not stack with Vishanti.
    On the DPS side: this build relied on lots of sneak attack damage - specifically 7d6 rog lvls + 3d6 ISA epic feat plus whatever Enhancements you can afford - plus Tempest's Dance of Death. The further you move away from that baseline, the less sense it makes to use this build as your template. I.e., what you describe sounds pretty different from what the OP envisioned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234