Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The 2014 DDO Awards

In the spirit of the Academy Awards, I thought it would be fun to create a thread where the community could vote for their favorite things about DDO from 2014. Here’s how it will work: I came up with a few categories, and you write in your vote for your one favorite thing from last year for each. This means anything from update 21, 22, 23 and 24, and any associated patches. If you need to refresh your memory, you can peruse the release notes here https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...s-Known-Issues. Please vote only for ONE item per category, and the categories are:

1. Best Quest
    2. Best Enhancement Tree
    3. Best Loot
    4. Best Game Feature
    5. Best Store Item

Before anyone jumps in and votes for lag, or this or that bug, please don’t. There are plenty of threads to voice your complaints about those things. This is supposed to be about what we LIKED from last year.

In a couple of weeks I’ll tally up the votes, and we’ll find out what the winners are.

1. Best Quest - Haunted Halls of Evening Star
    2. Best Enhancement Tree - Vanguard
    3. Best Loot - Iron Mitts
    4. Best Game Feature - Guild ship/buff revamp
    5. Best Store Item - Mirror of Glamering

Quote Originally Posted by Tres_Tacos View Post
    1. Best Quest
    2. Best Enhancement Tree
    3. Best Loot
    4. Best Game Feature
    5. Best Store Item
    1. Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
    2. Swashbuckler
    3. Necklace of Mystic Eidolons
    4. Guild ship / Buff revamp
    5. Mirror of Glammering

1. Best Quest: Precious Cargo
    2. Best Enhancement Tree: Knight of the Chalice
    3. Best Loot: Iron Mitts
    4. Best Game Feature: Armor Changes
    5. Best Store Item: Mirror of Glamering
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

1. Best Quest - Temple of Deathwurm (technically a raid, but I will include it in the raid catagori).
    2. Best Enhancement Tree - Swashbuckler
    3. Best Loot - Privateer Boots
    4. Best Game Feature - Champions
    5. Best Store Item - <blank>
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Great idea and thread.

Best quest: Ruins of thunderholme wilderness area (but I don't have haunted halls, I'd vote that)
    Best enhancement tree: Harper agent
    Best loot: Epic litany of the dead
    Best game feature: Champions
    Best store item: Ruins of thunderholme adventure pack
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

Best quest: HH (but honorable mentions go to WgU (for the Panorama) and Into the flesh (for the quest + fashion show).
    Best enhancement tree: Harper, honorable mentions go to Crusader, Vanguard, Swashbuckler.
    Best loot: basically not loot, but Thunderforged weapons. If pure loot only, Boots of Propulsion.
    Best game feature: The character generation.
    Best store item: Bank Slots (the more the better).

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Best quest: HH (but honorable mentions go to WgU (for the Panorama) and Into the flesh (for the quest + fashion show).
    Best enhancement tree: Harper, honorable mentions go to Crusader, Vanguard, Swashbuckler.
    Best loot: basically not loot, but Thunderforged weapons. If pure loot only, Boots of Propulsion.
    Best game feature: The character generation.
    Best store item: Bank Slots (the more the better).
    Thanks for the reply but the idea is to limit this to what came out in 2014.

Community Member Dragonlover333's Avatar

1. I haven't played a lot of the quests that were released in those updates, so I'll say nothing here.
    2. I'm going to say Swashbuckler even though it seems overpowered to me, because of how hilarious it is that when an opponent misses you, you can apparently say something so scathing that it physically hurts them, and sometimes trip them too. Visualizing it makes it seem so comical.
    3. The Necklace of Mystic Eidolons, because your shadow rising up to fight for you is inherently cool.
    4. The ballistae that fire at you. Why wouldn't the enemy make use of these very large weapons when adventurers come to kill them?
    5. The Mirror of Glamering I suppose, it's making a lot of people happy.

1. Prove Your Worth Epic
    2. Vanguard/Swashbuckler
    3. Purple Dragon Shield
    4. Champions
    5. Mirror of Glamering
    Holybird of House Perkele. Sisu is with us. But is sisu with you?

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Best Quest: Haunted Halls
    Best Enhancement Tree - Warchanter - Just the right amount of improvement, good new abilities in the tree.
    Best Loot: Epic Boots of the Innocent
    Best Game Feature: Preloading, although it needs work
    Best Store Item: Mirror of Glamering
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 01-18-2015 at 03:31 PM.

1. Deathwyrm because it's the closest they've come to recreating the great VON and Titan pre-raid/raid mechanics including the ability to start it, go IP and not get locked out until the final battle.
    2. Spellsinger (if only because it reflects a lot of things I and others asked for, compared to what they were going to leave it at in the first look on the PC).
    3. Mine is Loot that should have been: Epic Deathnips and other Tome page weapons that they should have put in eOrchard but did not "because of thunderforged weapons" that suck for my Dwarf and every other build that would use one of those weapons. Doesn't count? Okay Deific Diadem because I have a build that will use all three stats for DC's
    4. I want to say something besides mirror of glamouring like "removal of BB" or "inclusion of Raid Saga's" or "LFM improvements" but sadly the ability to finally make a character look somewhat how I want it to for the first time in a nearly 9 year old game is the best feature they added this year. I would say "XP ransack" (because it totally got rid of Bell sitting and Impossible demands buggouts as the go to method of Epic Destiny advancement. But that was last year...
    5. Store feature, well if it's the best game feature they added it must also be the best store feature.

Good luck 2015 Player council, I hope the "best of 2015" best new feature is not a cosmetic...

Thread OP, great idea and timing

PS honorable mentions:
    1. Haunted Halls yep it's that good translating a D&D module, why? because ***'s just a richer experience than hacking down a hallway.
    2. Vanguard it's actually fun being S&B with this tree... BTW the Abundant Step Shield charge? This guys suggestion...
    3. HH loot and upgrade mechanic
    4. Champions for about 2 days before people who are bad at DDO but insist on playing Elite got the balls nerfed off them
    5. Weapon Auras are neat and cheap, let the person who priced them go through the entire store.
    Last edited by IronClan; 01-18-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Best Quest: Haunted Halls

Best Tree: Swashbuckler

Best Loot: Tiefling Assassin's Blade

Best Game feature: The 'get all the ship buffs' button

Best Store item; Mirror of Glamour
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

1. Best Quest : Haunted Halls (2nd place goes to Palace of Stone... come on you get to be Indiana Jones if only for a few minutes.)
    2. Best Enhancement Tree : Swashbuckler (2nd place Vanguard, mmmm love my Shield Charge)
    3. Best Loot : Necklace of Mystic Eidolons (for uniqueness) (2nd place goes to Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance for usefulness)
    4. Best Game Feature Hmm Tie between Revamp of Quest Experience in U21 and Armor/PRR changes U23
    5. Best Store Item : Mirror of Glamoring (hands down.)
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If you need to refresh your memory, you can peruse the release notes here https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...s-Known-Issues.
    *laughs* to refesh our memory you give them Known Issues? Sounds more like you want Razzies.

https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-notes is the actual link for that stuff. Aka "Release Notes" that is selectable under the "Content" drop down menu at the top of the page.

1. Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
    2. Swashbuckler
    3. Epic Chord of Reprisals (Now if only the darn thing would drop for me.)
    4. New Guild ships/Guild buffs
    5. Mirror of Glamering

1. Haunted Halls
    2. Swashbuckler
    3. Necklace of Mystic Eidolons
    4. Champions
    5. Mirror of Glamering

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    *laughs* to refesh our memory you give them Known Issues? Sounds more like you want Razzies.

https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-notes is the actual link for that stuff. Aka "Release Notes" that is selectable under the "Content" drop down menu at the top of the page.
    Thanks for that link, I actually didn't even know about that drop down.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Thanks for that link, I actually didn't even know about that drop down.
    Fair enough. It was just because of that link I didn't know how serious of answers you were really wanting or not. Best of luck to your polls.

Community Member

Default Cool

1. Best Quest-Haunted Halls
    2. Best Enhancement Tree-Vanguard
    3. Best Loot-The Hunters Slayer. Seriously, such a fantastic greatsword. Works quite well on a large range of mobs.
    4. Best Game Feature-The new ship buff system
    5. Best Store Item-for me, it's a tie between the slayer pots and guild renown elixirs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast