Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thanks once again guys, the info Simo put up was very helpful for my upcoming reincarnations, I like to plan and know where I'm headed.
    Did my first lot of reaper runs today, had a blast. Even in my mish mash of levelling gear, I seem to be able to keep up quite well, just those odd cases of spike damage can catch me off guard, but it's early days. I haven't healed in an MMO for quite some time, mostly tanked the last few years so it is a nice change up!
    Thinkng I might sit at 30 for a little while and get my gear sorted, work on my Epic Destinies and do some raiding before I reincarnate, will give me a better understanding of what is needed next time round.

Well keep up the good work and informative post.

I've made it to level 18 with the PDK build. So far, on elite, the build is extremely effective, but there is a sharp drop off once reaper hits and skulls go up. This is for obvious reasons (healing debuff and lack of melee builds at higher skulls). Still, I'm having a lot of fun with the build.

I'm into level 24 now with the build and I've been more impressed than not. When geared, damage is quite good, healing ticks are quite good. Not first tier damage for sure, but definitely second. I lead in kill count on most pug groups. The build is definitely survivable. My analysis will end here at 24 because I have a whole lot of gear deficiencies going forward so my potential to be top end will diminish as I level up.

I am definitely putting this build into my rotation.

Acel, has there been any update to this build? Moved on?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    Acel, has there been any update to this build? Moved on?
    Yes, what I'm running now has changed a lot. I need to update this.

Altho' room for improvement, the current is still strong, even if not "optimal".

(You might want to copy/paste the original/current for posterity/historical purposes.)

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Altho' room for improvement, the current is still strong, even if not "optimal".

(You might want to copy/paste the original/current for posterity/historical purposes.)
    If I can I will, though there's a forum limit on post length so not sure if I can fit all in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Yes, what I'm running now has changed a lot. I need to update this.
    You could start a new post, if it's radically different
    Or just tack it to the end, and say like u41 build
    That's what I've done with my monk,
    It's a thread on how the builds changed over the few years
    Kinda like a running commentary

Just retire the old thread and link it to the new one, and a caveat for link in the original op
    Vishantii (the bird man)
    Kil (heroic and epic completionist)

Sarlona, Heart of Wisdom

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Original post has been completely updated with a new version of the build and a new write up. I'm very open to critique so let me know if there's any suggestions on tweaks. I decided not to create a new thread but at the end of the original post there is a link to the old version of the build and old write up so that anyone who wants to access it still can.

Also, I'll probably add a video to the original post at some point.
    Last edited by axel15810; 01-26-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks for the update Axel!

So a few notes.

First, my version of this build very close mirrors yours. I also went 20 cleric (for all the reasons you stated). I went human, mostly because I don't want to LR. Super annoying. I like the idea of Aasimar for clerics, but the extra feat with human and the ability to stay pure won out - not that the capstone for radiant servant is crazy good, but it's something.

I put a few points into warpriest still, but just to get to the PRR and hp (and inflame is quite nice).

I agree that it goes WIS --> CON --> CHA now. And falconry is pretty good.

Where we definitely differed:

I went single weapon fighting style. This allowed me to use an orb for some better DCs at cap and no investment into strength. I'm sure it loses a little bit of damage (and no more glancing blow damage), but my viewpoint on cleric is slightly different. DC Cast > Heal = Melee. So I try to emphasize that first and foremost while still having enough melee to solo well. We'll see how it goes (I've only theory crafted mine so far as it's coming up on the docket).

Also my plan is to go longsword when knight's training releases (that's when this will come off the docket).
    Last edited by simo0208; 01-28-2019 at 05:56 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    Thanks for the update Axel!

So a few notes.

First, my version of this build very close mirrors yours. I also went 20 cleric (for all the reasons you stated). I went human, mostly because I don't want to LR. Super annoying. I like the idea of Aasimar for clerics, but the extra feat with human and the ability to stay pure won out - not that the capstone for radiant servant is crazy good, but it's something.

I put a few points into warpriest still, but just to get to the PRR and hp (and inflame is quite nice).

I agree that it goes WIS --> CON --> CHA now. And falconry is pretty good.

Where we definitely differed:

I went single weapon fighting style. This allowed me to use an orb for some better DCs at cap and no investment into strength. I'm sure it loses a little bit of damage (and no more glancing blow damage), but my viewpoint on cleric is slightly different. DC Cast > Heal = Melee. So I try to emphasize that first and foremost while still having enough melee to solo well. We'll see how it goes (I've only theory crafted mine so far as it's coming up on the docket).

Also my plan is to go longsword when knight's training releases (that's when this will come off the docket).
    Thanks for the feedback. SWF is better now than it was for sure because of the Knight's Training feat. Still, to me it seems not as optimal for what I build for even with that new feat since going human and SWF means you miss out on Silvanus (+2 crit range to Mauls). And Knight's Training iirc also costs a feat, whereas Silvanus essentially does not since it's a diety slot feat. So Silvanus + Mauls seems more efficient than LS + Knight's Training though as you pointed out it has a upside of not having to LR out a level and getting a free offhand for orbs. But yeah, to each his own. I personally like to build mine with as much melee DPS as possible so I always go all out on melee DPS as much as I can without gimping my healing too much to the point where I feel can't be a party/raid healer. Offensive casting/DCs is just a bonus for me, not gonna work in Reaper regardless. The main reason I even have Mass Frog in the first place is to kill scarecrows in Baba's Hut. Otherwise I'd maybe swap it.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Video added to original post.

Community Member

Axel, can you use Light in the Dark with the healing hands from Scourge?

Those are serious nukes and AOE heals in the 5k+ range.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Axel, can you use Light in the Dark with the healing hands from Scourge?

Those are serious nukes and AOE heals in the 5k+ range.
    Light in the Dark? What are you referring to exactly? Maybe my brain isn't working at the moment but not finding that in the wiki either.

Light in the Dark? What are you referring to exactly? Maybe my brain isn't working at the moment but not finding that in the wiki either.
    I would say it's the US thingy, also would say it uses only pally LoH
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    I would say it's the US thingy, also would say it uses only pally LoH
    Ahhhh ok. Gotcha.

I'd assume from the description LoH charges and healing hands charges are separate and can't be used for each other but I haven't tested it myself so I can't confirm.

Community Member

Axel - forgive a newb, but what is the strength needed (by both base score and tomes) that one needs for the feat? I'm a returning player to the game, but I never got that high.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Velan View Post
    Axel - forgive a newb, but what is the strength needed (by both base score and tomes) that one needs for the feat? I'm a returning player to the game, but I never got that high.
    It's listed in the original post under the Feat Selection by Level section.

Community Member

It's listed in the original post under the Feat Selection by Level section.
    Thanks. I notice in your original post, although you leave the door open for human, you pretty blatantly say that even human is sub part to the Iconics you listed. Is tht still your feeling, that humans need not apply, only that the Iconics should be used?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Velan View Post
    Thanks. I notice in your original post, although you leave the door open for human, you pretty blatantly say that even human is sub part to the Iconics you listed. Is tht still your feeling, that humans need not apply, only that the Iconics should be used?
    Human works fine, it won't destroy the build or anything, it's just going to be worse than PDK because you can't access Silvanus. But it's essentially the same in all other areas. The only other notable differences between the races is the forced first level and slight differences in their enhancement trees.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast