Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Champions rewards: are you serious Turbine?

Potion of waterbreathing? Jump, haste, rage potions? Scrolls and pots that can be found at the vendors? They haven't even higher CL than the normal version. What a pathetic list. This is the best you could have come up with? Tell me again how the rewards will change over time. I think I heard it some time earlier..oh wait, with the Commendations of Valor. "We will add more things later". Right.

I don't even have words on how bad this is. Seriously, ridicolous. Please Severlin or any DEVELOPER, I beg of you to reply to this failure of system.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Hey, it's fine with me that the game is a little more fun with the champions in it. That's a pretty good reward, imo. If I occasionally get some more guild renown and crafting materials, that's all the better. But then again, as one of my students pointed out last night, I'm a glass half full kind of guy, so ...
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Potion of waterbreathing? Jump, haste, rage potions? Scrolls and pots that can be found at the vendors? They haven't even higher CL than the normal version. What a pathetic list. This is the best you could have come up with? Tell me again how the rewards will change over time. I think I heard it some time earlier..oh wait, with the Commendations of Valor. "We will add more things later". Right.

I don't even have words on how bad this is. Seriously, ridicolous. Please Severlin or any DEVELOPER, I beg of you to reply to this failure of system.
    You though it would be good? My guess from the way they worded it is that you basically get **** 98% of the time and 2% of the time get something "useful," as in, cosmetic which I am actually fine with.

Adding a reward system at all was a mistake.

Those of us that like champs are indifferent to the reward system. Those that dislike champs will complain no matter what reasonable rewards are given - only truly unreasonable good rewards would be enough.

Its a lose-lose situation to add such a system.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    You though it would be good? My guess from the way they worded it is that you basically get **** 98% of the time and 2% of the time get something "useful," as in, cosmetic which I am actually fine with.
    I thought it would have been marginally good. Decent. Average. Not-so-good turn-ins. Somewhat usable stuff.

Not POTIONS OF WATERBREATHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

I do agree that if a champ is going to drop a chest, it should be a better than average chest.

I literally burned about 900 mana the other day trying to kill a single champ (he kept healing himself). It was a huge time sink, and resource sink, and I got nothing at all from it.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

If they are going to leave champions in the too frequent and weak state they are in now, then any real reward can't be done.

They need to get rid of the fragment **** and drop commendations instead. Then add new things that can be bought with commendations.

My original though on reward for them was to have the champions be more rare, but more difficult then give an percentage of base xp when you kill them (like an optional.) Then for capped players have them drop some commendations.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

probably he was expecting a tome +6 in the vendor :asd:

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    If they are going to leave champions in the too frequent and weak state they are in now, then any real reward can't be done.

They need to get rid of the fragment **** and drop commendations instead. Then add new things that can be bought with commendations.

My original though on reward for them was to have the champions be more rare, but more difficult then give an percentage of base xp when you kill them (like an optional.) Then for capped players have them drop some commendations.
    I think this would have been the way to go.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I think the name they appear under in your bag is interesting.

I just think they sound like placeholder items or maybe something else is going on.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Hopefully these are just filler rewards and not real reward trade-ins for champion hunting.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

I just hope they don't stack with any other potions or scrolls. I have a ton of inventory space I need to fill.

Default Did I read this right?

According to the release notes:

"Mysterious Remnants can only appear if the difficulty-modified quest level is equal to our higher than the player character's level that killed the Champion. Mysterious Remnant reward NPCs are located in both Halls of Heroes."

So If i run a level 21 quest on Hard (level 22) with a level 23 toon no remnants will drop from champions I kill? Is that correct?
    The Silver Legion on Cannith is recruiting. Visit www.guildmedieval.com or PM for more info.

Community Member

Default Correct

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    According to the release notes:

"Mysterious Remnants can only appear if the difficulty-modified quest level is equal to our higher than the player character's level that killed the Champion. Mysterious Remnant reward NPCs are located in both Halls of Heroes."

So If i run a level 21 quest on Hard (level 22) with a level 23 toon no remnants will drop from champions I kill? Is that correct?
    Will not drop, from what I can see.
    If you're not 'Burdened' without ship buffs, you didn't build your dex-based rogue right!

"... mark my words -- if you trust that lunatic Coyle, you're digging your own grave."

Community Member

I dont care what anyone says, I'm getting a lion!

But seriously who cares about the rewards, never in a million years did I even believe for a second we should get extra rewards for killing them. It was a cool effort to even give it a tie in with rewards regardless of what you think about the rewards.

Throw your shards away and never think about it again, the end.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Bummer they didn't reuse the existing barter system and have random for a cheap price and high cost specifics. Like Random item = fragment. 1000 fragments = +1 tome (stat or skill).

Default I'm Glad

Turbine is learning.

DDO went with something erring on the side of caution.

Would you rather have the usual OP intro then nerf follow up?

Good first move Sev!

I assume there will additions in the future but applaude the baby step start.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Bounty Hunter

The 1 hour stat potions are nice.
    Last edited by slarden; 01-18-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

You get something for free and still complain ! Pfftt .... If you don't like it just vendor it or stop turning those fragments in !

Quote Originally Posted by Soleran100 View Post
    I dont care what anyone says, I'm getting a lion!

But seriously who cares about the rewards, never in a million years did I even believe for a second we should get extra rewards for killing them. It was a cool effort to even give it a tie in with rewards regardless of what you think about the rewards.

Throw your shards away and never think about it again, the end.
    BINGO! champions add flavor to the Dungeons, who cares what they drop(any way, players whinin about haste pots ,prob threw their dice when they lost a roll at the real game table!)
    Last edited by Powskier; 01-14-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast