Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A couple frag questions

1) Are these instead of Chests, or in addition to them?
    1a) If they're in addition, can a single Champ drop both a chest and a Frag?

2) I've heard the Frags just plop onto the floor. Are they like the the shards in the SubT where everyone can pick one up, or like the old Epic Scrolls: first one to grab it is the only one to get it?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

1a) the release notes said normal champions drop them on the ground and orange named ones drop them in their chests

2b) everyone in the party can grab them like the planar shards in the SubT

so far I've only seen normal champions drop them on the ground, haven't seen any chests since the patch

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

2) I've heard the Frags just plop onto the floor. Are they like the the shards in the SubT where everyone can pick one up, or like the old Epic Scrolls: first one to grab it is the only one to get it?
    Iv no idea done 6 Epic Hard quests and had none drop at all, im level 22 doing level 20 Epics. So it seems they only drop at level so i would have todo EE to get any to drop. Thanks alot devs for putting these frags in but at this moment they are next to useless because it looks like ill never get to see one, haha. At least the amount of champs iv seen has dropped by half and for me thats great new.

They appear to be in addition.
    They currently are dropping in both places
    Somewhere in between, or at least in my little party that was the case. When dropped on the floor sometimes we all got Remnants. sometimes on specific party members.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Community Manager

The Mysterious Remnants that fall on the ground are available for every party member to click on.

Champion minibosses (orange-named) have the chance to drop a chest. If a chest appears, the chest will include items, and have the possibility of also including Mysterious Fragments.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

are these mimic event stuff or champion stuff?
    I pulled two of them from a single EE champion chest. They go into red bag apparently.

Edit: additional champion chests yielded 4, 7, an 22 remnants.
    Last edited by cru121; 01-14-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Thanx all for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Iv no idea done 6 Epic Hard quests and had none drop at all, im level 22 doing level 20 Epics. So it seems they only drop at level so i would have todo EE to get any to drop. Thanks alot devs for putting these frags in but at this moment they are next to useless because it looks like ill never get to see one, haha. At least the amount of champs iv seen has dropped by half and for me thats great new.
    If I understand correctly, you should (as a level 22) get frags from level 21 quests if you run them on Hard (making them 22 like you). Good luck
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Default Champion Chunks aka Monster Chunks

just ran eGoP on epic hard and picked up a pile of 20 Champion Chunks from one Chompion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Mysterious Remnants that fall on the ground are available for every party member to click on.

Champion minibosses (orange-named) have the chance to drop a chest. If a chest appears, the chest will include items, and have the possibility of also including Mysterious Fragments.
    Why can't they auto gather into your bag like epic scrolls or epic fragments?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post

are these mimic event stuff or champion stuff?
    I pulled two of them from a single EE champion chest. They go into red bag apparently.

Edit: additional champion chests yielded 4, 7, an 22 remnants.
    Obviously champion, the category is just placeholder.

Community Member

Thanx all for the info!

If I understand correctly, you should (as a level 22) get frags from level 21 quests if you run them on Hard (making them 22 like you). Good luck
    This is only partly true. It doesn't matter what level the quest is, what matters is the level of the champion. In a level 22 quest there will likely be some level 20 mobs which means level 20 champions which won't drop fragments if you are level 22. Of course the level 24 champion mobs will drop fragments if you are level 22.

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    This is only partly true. It doesn't matter what level the quest is, what matters is the level of the champion. In a level 22 quest there will likely be some level 20 mobs which means level 20 champions which won't drop fragments if you are level 22. Of course the level 24 champion mobs will drop fragments if you are level 22.
    No, PermaBanned was correct. The CR of the monster doesn't matter for the purpose of Remnant drops; it's the CR of the quest you and that monster are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Will they be falling on the floor or under the floor/inside walls like some of the chests.

What happens with inaccessible ranged champions when their chunks drop.

These used to be issues when scrolls dropped below the ground/behind a wall or other inaccessible area's..
    Will GM's recover these unreachable ones or tell us to get lost as they have in the past (autoclose ticket with canned response that they cannot help with loot issues).
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-14-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    No, PermaBanned was correct. The CR of the monster doesn't matter for the purpose of Remnant drops; it's the CR of the quest you and that monster are in.
    guessed it was either the CR of quest of Champion that determined the Champion Chunk Size. :P

Default In case a dev is still reading this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post

This is what my imaginary reward list would look like:

2,500 Mysterious Remnants = 1 Cosmetic Hair Style
    10,000 Mysterious Remnants = 2015 Spring Cosmetic Pet (To be changed in the fall)
    25,000 Mysterious Remnants = +1 Lesser Heart of Wood BTC
    10,000 Mysterious Remnants = 1 Mirror of Glammoring
    2,500 Mysterious Remnants = Any one of a selection of level 4 Augments
    5,000 Mysterious Remnants = Any one of a selection of level 8 Augments
    7,500 Mysterious Remnants = Any one of a selection of level 12 Augments
    10,000 Mysterious Remnants = Any one of a selection of level 16 Augments
    12,500 Mysterious Remnants = Any one of a selection of level 20 Augments
    100,000 Mysterious Remnants = Permanent Gold Seal Cleric or Favored Soul Hireling Lvl 16 - looks like a Kobold Shaman
    (Would have Mass Deathward, Greater Restoration, Resurrection, and Heal)

Frankly they could charge me 250,000 Mysterious Remnants for the last one and I would still save them up for it.
    From the mysterious fragment vendor thread
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    From the mysterious fragment vendor thread
    Now this is starting to look more like it!
    Except for the augments, unless it's augments I can't already get by turning in collectables.
    Way too much trash on the current list.
    But then, given the extreme level limit, it's a moot issue for me anyway.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Now this is starting to look more like it!
    Except for the augments, unless it's augments I can't already get by turning in collectables.
    Way too much trash on the current list.
    But then, given the extreme level limit, it's a moot issue for me anyway.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    they already wrote the option for them to change things into the lore of the mysterious fragments. things will improve, i'm guessing with the next update, or once the Cult of the Dragon starts buying them to unleash...tiamat?!

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    they already wrote the option for them to change things into the lore of the mysterious fragments. things will improve, i'm guessing with the next update, or once the Cult of the Dragon starts buying them to unleash...tiamat?!
    I know they said it will be updated/replaced. THey said the same about cov's and other stuff that never happened.
    Now maybe this time they actually will include interesting stuff later on (as opposed to stuff that's already for sale for plat!!), but their track record says otherwise...
    But frankly, what really ticked me off was the stuff that's already IN the game for PLAT. And some of it isn't even usefull enough to pay plat for! (yea that would be the potion of waterbreathing...) How hard can it be to at least put things on the list that are NOT a dime a dozen??

And for that I'm supposed to run quests strictly at/over my level and scan my partymembers for not being above the quest level as opposed to running whatever I feel like with whoever I want?
    Not happening.

Sure, I can (and will) ignore the whole thing. But if the devs want me to be excited, they need to allow for a wider level range AND improve the reward list by a lot.
    Which brings us back to their very underwhelming track record. Wish they'd stuck at the chests and spend their time bugfixing instead.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

I also have a question about Mysterious Fragments:

Why?

Why did you create a whole new collectable in the first place. I have seen a common thread running through much of the forums over the last two years that I have been a part of this game complaining about the excessive number of collectables and ingredients that we have to keep up with. There are so many things to find at all levels of play. that adding one more thing seems a bit silly. Especially when the thing that was added is obviously very arbitrary that it didn't even get a proper name. Mysterious fragment has no lore connected to the story line of the game and has no connection to anything else going on.

I think the best way to make champions worth the effort was to have them drop ingredients that were already in the game. For example, a level 16 champion could drop a GS ingredient. A lvl 28 champion could drop an ingot or 2. Doesn't have to be much, but have them drop stuff that we are already searching for. This system also is provides a better explanation for the champions in the first place. These guys are our equivalent in the monster world. They are not run of the mill soldiers, they are elite adventurers. Savvy enough to better prepare and better equip themselves. That bugbear you just killed was working on a GS Axe and you got to grab his Glistening Pebbles. That Necromancer was making a Thunderforged Staff and left behind a few ingots.

This system would keep you folks from having to maintain yet another Vendor NPC and would keep you from having to listen to the whining about how useless the junk is that that NPC is selling in exchange for the Mysterious frags.

So, again, my question is why did you decide to add another collectable and another NPC selling stuff that we can live without instead of a simple system that builds on what was already in the game?

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    I think the best way to make champions worth the effort was to have them drop ingredients that were already in the game. For example, a level 16 champion could drop a GS ingredient. A lvl 28 champion could drop an ingot or 2. Doesn't have to be much, but have them drop stuff that we are already searching for. This system also is provides a better explanation for the champions in the first place. These guys are our equivalent in the monster world. They are not run of the mill soldiers, they are elite adventurers. Savvy enough to better prepare and better equip themselves. That bugbear you just killed was working on a GS Axe and you got to grab his Glistening Pebbles. That Necromancer was making a Thunderforged Staff and left behind a few ingots.
    +1.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast