Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yep, discovered this issue while soloing temple of vol. Bloody quell blinded me for 5 minutes, and my usual method of dealing with this is a heal scroll. No worky. So now Temple of Vol can be just like Rainbow in the Dark!

Not just scrolls. I can't move thieves tools among other things either.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

seems all purchased items but not looted items

Cordovan already said the bug affects all stackable items.
    Last edited by brian14; 01-14-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Also as fyi thieves tools can not be moved in the pack to a different place in pack once they have been used. They can be moved out of the pack into the shared bank but no into the personal bank space though.

My XP pots!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, this is an irritating game feature.
    Archangels - Thelanis

Kyrian - Dellek - Devestia - Harleaiquin - Nakano - Narizue - Xandek

Community Member

I will add to this. Not only scrolls not working but i was in Prisoner of Plains and was carrying orbs. We did beholder room when I got hit with disintegrate and died. Turned around to grab bag of orbs and got same error i get about inventory placement with scrolls. No one in group could pick up bag either. Same error. Sent ticket, but will likely redo as they are taking a while. Understandable with no doubt all the errors from scrolls getting tickets.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I bought new scrolls. I could then equip them, and use them... once. After using my tp and raise scrolls once each (and then unequipping them), they went back to being bugged.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Manager

We are working on a hotfix for this issue, and will have more information on it as soon as we can.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

There is nothing in your 24.1 worth keeping this bug.

Roll it back.

Fix the update, then push it out.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

So happy I am a Dwarf Fighter this life. Just need my Axe and Shield.

Community Member

My theory. They tried to make it so you cant duplicate the Mysterious fragmentgs but used the same code for all other stackables so ended up breaking them all. LOL

FYI. I can put things from my bank to shared bank then to inventory and vise versa

Quote Originally Posted by alvarego View Post
    Found so far testing:

Old stacks of scrolls are bugged.

If you buy a new stack you can do all you want: split, merge, equip, unequip, move in equip, swap ... but once you use a stack that stack is bugged forever

*sigh* hope it helps, would like to keep on raising group mates from death :P
    Think this is correct, its a problem with stacks. Heard from a party member about the orbs from prison of the planes becoming bugged too.

I'm also haveing the problem of thieves tools not moveing in inventory

Now this is an interesting bug. I can see it being extremely annoying as well. Ugh, hopefully the can get a fix out soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    There is nothing in your 24.1 worth keeping this bug.

Roll it back.

Fix the update, then push it out.
    This, this, and more this.

The irony is that if you use the new mysterious rewards system to get pots, they probably won't work!
    Last edited by AzB; 01-14-2015 at 04:24 PM.

As bugs go, this one is kinda ...

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-14-2015 at 04:34 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

From now on, instead of the term "hotfix," I propose Turbine use "hotbreak."
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Default I love this game, but this is just pathetic

I log on to find the developers damaged the game so irrevocably that it is not "playable" at least as intended.

I've defended this game for years, and put a lot of money into it. I know that you are trying to close loop holes on exploits but this is horrible. I mean, you just released Barbarian class updates and with the very first hot fix you nerf it all. At least what you deem to be unbalanced. This game will never be balanced. There is far too many Multi-class options to regulate.

Please just focus on bug fixes and new content and stop trying to save the world.

This "stackable item bug" is just heart wrenching and unprofessional. Its hard to justify paying for a game that is clearly this poorly mis-managed and as a Classic DnD fan its hard to swallow that may favorite game is in your hands.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    Getting a "Inventory error placement failed" message when trying to use most scrolls; teleport, greater teleport, greater dispel magic, true seeing, heal, resurrection, raise dead.

For whatever reason, scrolls of greater restoration are working for me.

Guildies reporting similar issues.
    Same problem here, made E- Inferno of the damned very annoying.... also, cant move the scrolls from one inventory tab to another, same message...

Quote Originally Posted by thunir View Post
    I log on to find the developers damaged the game so irrevocably that it is not "playable" at least as intended.

I've defended this game for years, and put a lot of money into it. I know that you are trying to close loop holes on exploits but this is horrible. I mean, you just released Barbarian class updates and with the very first hot fix you nerf it all. At least what you deem to be unbalanced. This game will never be balanced. There is far too many Multi-class options to regulate.

Please just focus on bug fixes and new content and stop trying to save the world.

This "stackable item bug" is just heart wrenching and unprofessional. Its hard to justify paying for a game that is clearly this poorly mis-managed and as a Classic DnD fan its hard to swallow that may favorite game is in your hands.
    Yeah, it's unplayable tonight. All's forgiven if they fix this tomorrow but it is really sad that this made it past QA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast