Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Zoda: Pure Zergbarian

This is a pure barbarian build focused on self sufficiency and dps. It assumes both heroic and epic completionist and engame resources, but can easily be adjusted to lower profile. Most part of the build's self sufficiency comes from taking Blood Strength to it's highest potential, which means you want to max healing amp and melee power. It is an extremely powerful ability if it's being built around, and even by itself it proved to be sufficient healing in most e/e content (although some tougher champions and bosses still make me consecrate or even drink pots). The drawback of this setup is that you don't have enough AP to make use of Know the Angles, but I think it well worths it, especially considering how hard/uncomfortable it would be to keep Storm's Eye going without Blood Strength (and Storm's Eye >>> KTA when it's maintained). This setup keeps storm's eye fairly consistently, only things that get in the way are some of the nastier champions, and overly ballzy plays.

Human 20 barbarian

STR 18 +7 levelups here
    DEX 12
    CON 18
    INT 8
    WIS 8
    CHa 8

Feats: (1 human, 7 heroic, 3 epic, 2 destiny)
    Power Attack
    THF
    iTHF
    gTHF
    IC: bludgeoning
    Cleave
    Great Clave
    Completionist
    Overwhelming Critical
    Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Stunning Blow
    pTHF
    pTWF

destiny: Legendary Dreadnaught
    Take all the regulars + Pulverizer
    (crit rage + pulverizer puts maul ahead of Falchion both in regards of base damage and crit profile)
    Twists:
    Sacred Ground
    Consecration
    Hail of Blows
    Primal Scream

Enhancements:
    Frenzied Berzerker: 42 AP, take all the GB damage and cleave stuff and capstone, but no tier 5s
    Ravager: 37 AP, 5th core + crit rage + blood strength
    Human: 1 AP (damage boost)

Gear:
    Head: Mythic Emerald Gaze
    Necklace: Shroud of Ardent
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead
    Goggles: Epic Mentau's Goggles
    Armor: Heavy Shadowscale (dr upgrade)
    Gloves: Sanctified Gages
    Cloak: GS land and sky hp (or hp/sp/sp for more consecration uses)
    Bracer: Lesser Convalescent of Superior Parrying // Convalescent of Superior Parrying
    Belt: Knost's Belt // Battlerager's Harness
    Ring1: Encrusted Ring //Circle of Malovelence
    Ring2: Seal of House Avithoul (wis)
    Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (atm it provides 8% doublestrike, if it's getting fixed switch the TOD set to Battlerager's)

Main Weapon: TF Maul (1st degree burns, dragon's edge, mortal fear + devotion 144, heal 15, meteoric star ruby slotted)

That's about it for now. It has been exteremly satisfying for me to play my original class again after I don't know how many years, especially that the build destroyed ee content like few I've played before. There is still some gear I'm missing, but I'll try to record and upload at least an e/e Breaking the Ranks solo run and a few screenshots in the next few days. Also planning to bang out a few eTRs on this build and try a TWF variant after I get an addition fate point to twist Balanced Attacks instead of Hail of Blows.

active buffs: Barbarian Rage, Frenzy, Death Frenzy, Primal Scream, Elixir of +2 stat, blitz (still missing the quiver for the final gear, will have 3 more con and 20 more hamp when done, wis could also be raised by 3 for 2 more will save)

Here is how it breaks e/e Ranks record (again):

PS: Juslim, it's time to reinstall DDO
    Last edited by Zoda; 01-05-2015 at 01:52 PM.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Build looks pretty solid Zod. I like the looks of it, although it's not my personal style.
    I've been trying to come up with some builds for my barb lives, but I'm still not 100% happy with anything yet.

So far I'm looking at:
    17Barb/2Ranger/1Cleric (DM, Manyshot, DC for self heals. THF)
    12Barb/6Ranger/2Fighter (tons into int for Know the Angels, DC for heals, Manyshot, TWF, and stuns.)

And then I want to do some sort of Barb/Bard/Rogue build with SWF just for fun, but not really sure what a good split for that would actually be.
    Might just scrap that idea though and go with your build. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post
    PS: postcount og
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

And here is the promised e/e Ranks video:

Pretty decent time considering that I forgot to hit blitz during the first 2 waves then sabotaged my shrine too, and spent good half a minute running around searching for TS scroll

Also didn't have the mats to create a reinvigoration maul yet, I don't have the mythic helm, the quiver and don't have yugo pots, so I'm pretty confident that with the finished build I can take it under 12 minutes.

EDIT: okay, watching it back I realized that that Draton's hold interrupted my barb rage at the last wave, so I wasn't even raged for a while
    Last edited by Zoda; 12-29-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

they posted a fairly similar TWF version in the achievements section. it all looks good to me https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...anar-of-Khyber

do you have any problem with saves? i've fallen in love with the occult capstone and am hesitant to switch out

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    do you have any problem with saves? i've fallen in love with the occult capstone and am hesitant to switch out
    Fort is no fail, will is pretty good (and got a bunch of bonus against enchantment from Harness and bard past lives). Reflex is mid/high 50s so it fails sometimes but no big deal to fail against some spells with 80 mrr and 1700ish hp. If I get cc'd I can usually get free with Unstoppable and harper pin. That said I went all in for saves, I don't think I could get them higher without changing starting stats.

With my current setup:
    fort 76
    reflex 56 (+4 vs traps from rog lives - that's most raid effects)
    will 54 (+8 vs enchantment from harness and bard past lives)

I also have a -1 penalty on them all because I'm roleplaying chaotic good barb lol
    Last edited by Zoda; 12-29-2014 at 01:54 PM.

This build is insane. Watched him rip through Vol EE as I piked.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Okay, so I felt like I really didn't do justice to the build with the previous video, so I made another. It turned out to be the new solo time record on the quest

Here it is:

Still had some pretty sloppy plays lol
    Last edited by Zoda; 12-30-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Community Member

Would this build work with half-orc? I'd like to bring my horc barbarian off the shelf, and this looks pretty badass.

Edit: And though I can guess the answer, would a cleric past life be useful at all? *running this alt through completionist, slowly but surely*

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thescalybard View Post
    Would this build work with half-orc?
    Non-humans have to drop a feat; if you don't have Completionist yet, that's the obvious choice. The other downside to non-human is losing the burst DPS from racial Dmg Boost + Ravager Melee Power boost. Other than that, it should be fine.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

For enhancements, do you have an image or something that would show where the points would go? I'm having trouble parsing them out in my head. Would be much appreciated.

I have been looking for a good maul build, and may do this one. Thanks for posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Thescalybard View Post
    For enhancements, do you have an image or something that would show where the points would go? I'm having trouble parsing them out in my head. Would be much appreciated.
    Updated the first post with a ss of my enhancements.

Community Member

Updated the first post with a ss of my enhancements.
    Thanks, Zoda, I greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to bashing skulls on my way to the epic levels.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I'm surprised you don't max out Bully, particularly since you don't have Sense Weakness Twisted in. Is it just a lack of APs?
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I'm surprised you don't max out Bully, particularly since you don't have Sense Weakness Twisted in. Is it just a lack of APs?
    What would you drop? Storm's Eye, Blood Strenght or Critical Rage?

There is only one way AP works for this build.

Besides... helpless damage is pretty usless for this build unless if you are a fan of big numbers.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

It's a good build, but it has existed for a while on an alternative DDO forum except with TWF instead of THF.

This and the original both seem like they would be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    It's a good build, but it has existed for a while on an alternative DDO forum except with TWF instead of THF.

This and the original both seem like they would be very effective.
    I'm not reading the alt forum. If I did I'd have probably tred to this build as soon as they posted it there, because it's ownage.

As I said in another thread, TWF has it's edge too, but overall I prefer the THF version.

Those points in STR in Ravager are dead points right now, it's bugged
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

I'm not reading the alt forum. If I did I'd have probably tred to this build as soon as they posted it there, because it's ownage.

As I said in another thread, TWF has it's edge too, but overall I prefer the THF version.
    TWF doesn't have the range to do this as fast, and you will take a lot more damage closer ranged. It isn't as pronounced in other dungeons where groups of 4-6 mobs charge you, but in Breaking the Ranks it really shows up. It is also a lot more dangerous since if you don't burst as many initially as they come out, and eat a hold monster, it could be the end. Also, how did you avoid the DC ~76 Hold Monster? Luck that you didn't get hit by any? At +59-61 saves (raged) my barb was constantly being held by Draeton every 20 seconds or so, and after several tries ended up having to kill Draeton separately.

Last edited by Tilomere; 01-04-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast