Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No DDO points awarded after 5k benchmark?

I just hit surpassed the 5100 favor mark and no ddo points were awarded. I did relog, but still no mail or ddo points.
    Khyber: Furian <|> Puddingforge <|> Fingerstyle <|> Griefling <|> Cowpox

Community Member

Wow, do a search and here's a year-old thread with my exact issue...

Anyway, just hit 5100+ favour on a character and I got no mail and no record in the store history. I have to wonder how they've programmed it...
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

Confirmed 5100 favor gives no TP and logging a ticket will result in an auto-closed ticket.

Manager, Customer Service CS_Alkaid's Avatar

Sometimes the Turbine Points with Favor Rewards can take up to 24 hours to add to your balance, and you only get the Turbine Point reward the first time you reach that threshold on the server. If you still don't see the Turbine Points added to your balance and it is your first time, toss in a ticket using the link in my signature. As with all tickets, be sure to reply to the first auto-response with any of the requested information to ensure that we actually see it.

That being said- Thalone, you are all set and now have your points!
    I do respond to PMs, but please note that I can get backed up. If you need immediate assistance, please refer to the links below!
    ---
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, please visit help.standingstonegames.com
    Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Alkaid View Post
    Sometimes the Turbine Points with Favor Rewards can take up to 24 hours to add to your balance, and you only get the Turbine Point reward the first time you reach that threshold on the server. If you still don't see the Turbine Points added to your balance and it is your first time, toss in a ticket using the link in my signature. As with all tickets, be sure to reply to the first auto-response with any of the requested information to ensure that we actually see it.

I think you're confused about the bolded part. While you only get the special Turbine Point rewards for hitting 5, 25, 50, 100, 1000, etc favor the first time on the server, you still get 25 TP for every 100 favor you earn otherwise. So, while you'll only get the special rewards the once on a given server, you still get the other rewards on every character every life. I am pretty sure this is the reward they're talking about - not that they're expecting some special TP reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Manager, Customer Service CS_Alkaid's Avatar

Yeah, I see where that was unclear. Thanks for fixing my shenanigans!
    I do respond to PMs, but please note that I can get backed up. If you need immediate assistance, please refer to the links below!
    ---
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, please visit help.standingstonegames.com
    Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited

Community Member

Errr... wow, thanks!

Some more clarification would be nice though.

On the store history, I got 25 TP credited October 12, 2015, 10:24 AM, which is before I logged on today. The order number is listed as "Bonus - Deed/Favor," which is different from the normal 100-favour rewards (listed as "Bonus - Favor Reward Bonus"). This is an indication to me that you went into the system and added the reward manually. True? Shein and slarden, earlier in the thread, also noted that they didn't get favour TP for achieving 5100 (I also saw Habreno noting this problem on the wiki). This is an indication to me that the system doesn't award them automatically after the 5000 breakpoint. I also typically don't get 24 hours of wait time before the TP get credited; they usually update automatically (with a huge lag spike as my favour/TP get updated).
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

The issue is that once you reach 5000 pts you never get turbine points when you reach 5100. It's been that way since 5100 points was available unless that changed recently.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Yeah, I see where that was unclear. Thanks for fixing my shenanigans!
    back under the desk with you??? ;p

Alkaid, how about me? I started this thread back in December of 2014 and never got a response or my points. I expect it's a bit late to put in a ticket now..
    Khyber: Furian <|> Puddingforge <|> Fingerstyle <|> Griefling <|> Cowpox

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I've reached 5100 favor 3 (maybe 4?) different times now and never bothered to check if I actually received the TP reward. Now I'm wondering if I didn't. I'm getting close again so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

But I, too, would like to know if it is the case that TP is simply not awarded over 5k and if this is a problem that is being addressed, and not merely on an individual basis.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

2 of my characters are achived 5200 favors and 1 5200 near 5300 no tp for reward... so i guess turbine forgot update since 5000 favor was unreachable long time and many people never bother with that much favor
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Arise in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Wouldn't it be a nice thought, that there was a point, when someone at turbine thought they can cap favor out at 5000, because the game won't last long enough to ever put out enough content to reach 5000 favor anyway?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

I opened two tickets regarding this issue today. One with a screenshot attached and one without. The reason for the two tickets is that I never received the confirmation email, and in the past this has only happened to me on tickets with files attached. But no luck, the second ticket with no attachment also generated no confirmation email. This is not a spam filter/folder issue, the issue is on the sending side.

The web process seems to go smoothly, and it generates this message on the final page:
    Submit a Ticket - Confirmation

Thank you for submitting a ticket. An email confirmation with your ticket number has been sent to the email address you provided. You may update the ticket at any time by replying to that email without changing the subject line.

If you have any other questions, please click the "Online Support" link above. You may then search the Knowledge Base for known suggestions, or submit another ticket.

If you have any questions, contact us.

But that email confirmation with the ticket number just never arrives. Not receiving the confirmation email leads a person to believe that the ticket was never actually created. And not receiving a ticket number means that the player has no means by which to reference the ticket. It would be nice if the ticket number could be presented on that final web page.

And I'd appreciate some response letting me know if either of my tickets was actually generated and received.

Edit: The screenshot.

Edit:
    I tried again this morning (11/15), and this time received the confirmation email with this reference number: #24001-720841
    If the first two attempts never reached Turbine despite the web process stating that all was well then any CS person who might read this should open up an internal ticket to track the issue of ticket submissions not actually being created and submitted.
    Last edited by Kompera_Oberon; 11-15-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Community Member

My thanks to Alkaid for addressing this issue.

I hope that some investigation will be done about the missing email notifications / failure of the web process to generate a ticket. I see from the recent post there is a ticket issue: should I open a ticket? that I am not the only person who is not receiving email notifications after attempting to submit a ticket.

Community Member

There's no indication in this thread whether this is WAI or not. I don't see it in the known issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    There's no indication in this thread whether this is WAI or not. I don't see it in the known issues.
    I would think that since customer service is awarding the TP, then it would be fairly evident that this is not working as intended. As for the known issues list, I don't think they even bother to maintain that anymore. It seems like Cordovan was the one responsible for updating it, and it seems he delegated that work to an intern ... who left the company 6 or more quarters ago.
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Community Member

Having recently hit 5100 favor, I paid special attention to the TP reward and the bug is still present. I appreciate it won't affect many people, but the problem is in relation to this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I would think that since customer service is awarding the TP, then it would be fairly evident that this is not working as intended.
    My ticket about this has received a negative response, and so I suspect at least one person in CS is unaware of the issue or how to deal with it.

JonD

Quote Originally Posted by JonD View Post
    Having recently hit 5100 favor, I paid special attention to the TP reward and the bug is still present. I appreciate it won't affect many people, but the problem is in relation to this....

My ticket about this has received a negative response, and so I suspect at least one person in CS is unaware of the issue or how to deal with it.

JonD
    Send a PM to CS_Alkaid and I'm sure the issue will be handled properly.
    Bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Send a PM to CS_Alkaid and I'm sure the issue will be handled properly.
    Already done, but I was hoping that CS could cope with tickets on this issue without the result depending on which of them got to the ticket. I know not many people will bother getting past the 5100+ thresholds, but it shouldn't just be CS_Alkaid capable of dealing with those who do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast