Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 95 of 95
  1. #81
    Community Member Winded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245

    Default flaming Sphere of Doom



    While Saekee has been sharing all the awesome ways to use Flaming Sphere, the enemy has been listening and has advanced the technology!

    I present the Champion Flaming Sphere.


    It took me and my hire out in the lvl 5 tombs. It poison dotted me from a very far distance. I really had no idea what was hitting me until it was too late

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winded View Post


    While Saekee has been sharing all the awesome ways to use Flaming Sphere, the enemy has been listening and has advanced the technology!

    I present the Champion Flaming Sphere.


    It took me and my hire out in the lvl 5 tombs. It poison dotted me from a very far distance. I really had no idea what was hitting me until it was too late
    thx for sharing! bet you wish you had that Ooze Puppet spell!!!
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  3. #83
    Community Member Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    thx for sharing! bet you wish you had that Ooze Puppet spell!!!
    Would that work? Can enemie flaming sphere even be targeting or has something changed I missed? I thought they couldn't even be attacked.
    sorry if this is off topic for your thread

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Would that work? Can enemie flaming sphere even be targeting or has something changed I missed? I thought they couldn't even be attacked.
    sorry if this is off topic for your thread
    yes! See post 64: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5734493
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  5. #85

    Default Servants of the Overlord Drow Ritual Distraction

    Never occurred to me to do this before...When you finish, you still have a mess of mobs there...



    I am experimenting with the new quests and hope to update some unusual uses of the Sphere!
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  6. #86

    Default Distract the Kobold Ambush in Fear Factory

    I found this really helpful--that ambush can really go south so this is an easy way to skip it. The sphere draws them pretty far away and a couple that might remain on this side of the bridge are facing away from the door.

    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  7. #87

    Default The Snitch: distract gargoyles and rats!

    Place a sphere before pulling the first lever to create a great gargoyle distraction. Then, place on around the corner (at the grating) before you pull the second lever to distract the rats. If you do NOT do this, you may get spotted going around the mobs as you make your way to the ladder.

    The following pics were from an R1 or 2 epic run:


    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  8. #88

    Default Pull the Mephits from the NASTY instersection in

    Just thought I would share this--was using flaming spheres a lot in lower quests since I did not get noisemaker use until level 10. So here is Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate, nasty intersection with the mephits that seem to wipe unsuspecting parties:

    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  9. #89

    Default

    Death House:

    I use this to loot the collectable more easily in the room there and get the free chest behind the secret door while I am at it...You can skip these two very easily on a fast sneak run:

    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  10. #90

    Default

    2018 Long Broom of mystery is now quite cheap! Clicky with 5 flaming spheres. Not really needed, but hey, fun.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  11. #91
    Community Member Katalissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Saekee - you have opened up a whole new level of awesomeness for what everyone thought was the 2nd most useless spell in the game!

    Also, a new reason to get that Long Broom, apart from adding to my overall witchy aesthetic.

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katalissa View Post
    Saekee - you have opened up a whole new level of awesomeness for what everyone thought was the 2nd most useless spell in the game!

    Also, a new reason to get that Long Broom, apart from adding to my overall witchy aesthetic.
    thanks! The scrolls are easy enough to UMD but with the broom so cheap...
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  13. #93

    Default Pull the Collared Slaves in Broken Chains

    Instead of accidentally killing them, or kiting about while trying to find that hidden slavemaster, why not pull them with a flaming sphere. They will be burned a little, but hey--they will still thank you when that collar comes off.

    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

  14. #94
    Community Member Haphazarduk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I am about to embark on a new project to create 'emergent gameplay' man and wondered if you or someone on the thread could answer some questions about stealth.

    I was kind of assuming that the best route to a high stealth build was through rogue or Monk but Druid seems like a seriously viable option through Pass with Trace, Spiderskin and Primal Avatar's Walk with Spirits. Is a druid build an option for very high stealth? Obviously that means some compromises around stats etc but might work?

    Also, how does the spot mechanic work for monsters spotting a stealthed player. Is there a minimum distance within which, if the mob is facing you you will be seen no matter what your score or is it dependent on a DC such that if you had an insane hide/ms you could literally stand in front of a mobile looking directly at you. My experience so far is the former but wanted to see if some had a definitive answer.

    Finally, its there a definitive list of what brings you out of stealth/invis somewhere? I found a thread or two that covered some things but they were quite out of date.

    Regards

    Hap

  15. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    I am about to embark on a new project to create 'emergent gameplay' man and wondered if you or someone on the thread could answer some questions about stealth.

    I was kind of assuming that the best route to a high stealth build was through rogue or Monk but Druid seems like a seriously viable option through Pass with Trace, Spiderskin and Primal Avatar's Walk with Spirits. Is a druid build an option for very high stealth? Obviously that means some compromises around stats etc but might work?

    Also, how does the spot mechanic work for monsters spotting a stealthed player. Is there a minimum distance within which, if the mob is facing you you will be seen no matter what your score or is it dependent on a DC such that if you had an insane hide/ms you could literally stand in front of a mobile looking directly at you. My experience so far is the former but wanted to see if some had a definitive answer.

    Finally, its there a definitive list of what brings you out of stealth/invis somewhere? I found a thread or two that covered some things but they were quite out of date.

    Regards

    Hap
    hi Haphazarduk, this is a big topic. Druid could indeed work well although does not get faster sneaking in any of its enhancement trees (those are in Assassin, ninja and tier 2 of DWS). Splashing rogue and wolf are natural harmonies though and I believe Primal Avatar continues to advance spell levels for druids; hence, the sneak spells get better and better. 8 Druid is really all you need and you can take tier 5 assassin for knife spec and also benefit from Tier4 killer doublestrike; I would splash maybe one level of barb on top for a fast runner. But there are lots of options there. Druid brings free combat feats and self healing as well as run speed and has a natural sleet storm AoE that is not bad with FoM for sneak damage.

    Spot: that is complicated but you want to be invisible if you are in front of a mob for too long...Even insanely high sneak stats will get you seen right in front of a mob, but not always. Anyway the key in stealthing about is to avoid the front of mobs; they have a 180 degree arc for their sight and stuff from the sides is essentially invisible. You can even jump over a mob if they are facing sideways of the jump arc.

    Usually being attacked makes you lose sneak status, even if the attack misses (arrows really are awful in this regard; they miss but BAM you are out of sneak). Invisi is lost on opening doors and levels but there are ways around it with improved invisi etc.

    Check out my links here on this wiki page for more info: https://ddowiki.com/page/User:Saekee
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Check out the stealth professionals, now closed
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Hope extinguished leaves fading memories of better times.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload