Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

This knowledge helped me get through the Inferno of the Damned. One of the Acolytes refused to acknowledge me no matter how many times I destroyed that dumb portal, but you know what the enemy loves more than anything? Flaming spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin2 View Post
    This knowledge helped me get through the Inferno of the Damned. One of the Acolytes refused to acknowledge me no matter how many times I destroyed that dumb portal, but you know what the enemy loves more than anything? Flaming spheres.
    This is very cool! (erm, hot?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin2 View Post
    Whoot! Thanks for sharing!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

One day I noticed that a Flaming Sphere was kind of actine like a Hireling to one of my characters after dispatching enemies ... It acted like a loyal dog, coming back to me. And then following me. I wish I could buff it.

Besides, why not put this thread into the Hall Of Fame ? It's so full of brilliant ideas ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    ...Besides, why not put this thread into the Hall Of Fame ? It's so full of brilliant ideas ...
    Oh, wow. It's had to just be an oversight that is hasn't been inducted yet.
    Let's get that fixed asap.

**Casts 'Summon Jerry' spell**

/Then sits back waiting patiently, knowing it's also HCL opening day.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Manager

I agree, clear Hall of Fame candidate.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Woot, congratulations!

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I agree
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

New suggestion!

If you're playing a low-health class, Trolls can be really irritating opponents, especially required kills. They're tough, high damage, and regenerate unless they take fire / acid damage. Of course, taking fire or acid damage from a target causes them to lock onto it, because it's dealing them the most damage.

So, what if you want to cause trolls fire or acid damage without making your squishy character troll enemy number one?

Stealth-cast Flaming Sphere. They'll run to it, take fire damage and then you can safely wipe them out at a distance.

Excellent list of other uses, by the way.
    X The Mystic's 4th Rule Of Dungeon Survival:

"No-one carves statues of frightened adventurers. If you see one, keep your eyes closed and your ears open."

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSerpent View Post
    New suggestion!

If you're playing a low-health class, Trolls can be really irritating opponents, especially required kills. They're tough, high damage, and regenerate unless they take fire / acid damage. Of course, taking fire or acid damage from a target causes them to lock onto it, because it's dealing them the most damage.

So, what if you want to cause trolls fire or acid damage without making your squishy character troll enemy number one?

Stealth-cast Flaming Sphere. They'll run to it, take fire damage and then you can safely wipe them out at a distance.

Excellent list of other uses, by the way.
    Nice suggestion! Very clever
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456