Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 110 of 110
  1. #101
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    This knowledge helped me get through the Inferno of the Damned. One of the Acolytes refused to acknowledge me no matter how many times I destroyed that dumb portal, but you know what the enemy loves more than anything? Flaming spheres.

  2. #102
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin2 View Post
    This knowledge helped me get through the Inferno of the Damned. One of the Acolytes refused to acknowledge me no matter how many times I destroyed that dumb portal, but you know what the enemy loves more than anything? Flaming spheres.
    This is very cool! (erm, hot?)

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin2 View Post
    This knowledge helped me get through the Inferno of the Damned. One of the Acolytes refused to acknowledge me no matter how many times I destroyed that dumb portal, but you know what the enemy loves more than anything? Flaming spheres.
    Whoot! Thanks for sharing!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!


  4. #104
    Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    One day I noticed that a Flaming Sphere was kind of actine like a Hireling to one of my characters after dispatching enemies ... It acted like a loyal dog, coming back to me. And then following me. I wish I could buff it.

    Besides, why not put this thread into the Hall Of Fame ? It's so full of brilliant ideas ...
    "No, it doesn't say 'Lifeling' "

  5. #105
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    ...Besides, why not put this thread into the Hall Of Fame ? It's so full of brilliant ideas ...
    Oh, wow. It's had to just be an oversight that is hasn't been inducted yet.
    Let's get that fixed asap.

    **Casts 'Summon Jerry' spell**

    /Then sits back waiting patiently, knowing it's also HCL opening day.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  6. #106
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    28,205

    Default

    I agree, clear Hall of Fame candidate.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  7. #107
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Woot, congratulations!

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  8. #108
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I agree
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57905.

  9. #109
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    New suggestion!

    If you're playing a low-health class, Trolls can be really irritating opponents, especially required kills. They're tough, high damage, and regenerate unless they take fire / acid damage. Of course, taking fire or acid damage from a target causes them to lock onto it, because it's dealing them the most damage.

    So, what if you want to cause trolls fire or acid damage without making your squishy character troll enemy number one?

    Stealth-cast Flaming Sphere. They'll run to it, take fire damage and then you can safely wipe them out at a distance.

    Excellent list of other uses, by the way.
    X The Mystic's 4th Rule Of Dungeon Survival:

    "No-one carves statues of frightened adventurers. If you see one, keep your eyes closed and your ears open."

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSerpent View Post
    New suggestion!

    If you're playing a low-health class, Trolls can be really irritating opponents, especially required kills. They're tough, high damage, and regenerate unless they take fire / acid damage. Of course, taking fire or acid damage from a target causes them to lock onto it, because it's dealing them the most damage.

    So, what if you want to cause trolls fire or acid damage without making your squishy character troll enemy number one?

    Stealth-cast Flaming Sphere. They'll run to it, take fire damage and then you can safely wipe them out at a distance.

    Excellent list of other uses, by the way.
    Nice suggestion! Very clever
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (>17), Naerfelka (>21)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload