Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So update 24?

Default So update 24?

So here it is almost 11 am on tuesday December 9th. Cordo has stated in a couple places that U24 is likely coming Wednesday...

Why do we not have an official post about down time and the update on turbines official game forum.

Maybe they will announce the downtime 30 seconds before hand in game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    So here it is almost 11 am on tuesday December 9th. Cordo has stated in a couple places that U24 is likely coming Wednesday...

Why do we not have an official post about down time and the update on turbines official game forum.

Maybe they will announce the downtime 30 seconds before hand in game.
    I'm assuming we'll know the release date when it's announced on the forums, and that the release date will be announced on the forums before it's released.

That tells me we don't know the release date yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm assuming we'll know the release date when it's announced on the forums, and that the release date will be announced on the forums before it's released.

That tells me we don't know the release date yet.

He's said in a couple of places that they were shooting for Wednesday. They rarely post downtime more than 24 hours in advance. Expect an announcement this afternoon.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

For an update they usually post the release date up to 4 days before, so, say, friday for a tuesday release. Leaving it this late suggests to me they don't want to commit to anything since they're working really tight to the deadline.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Default I think..

I think they are cutting it so close because they are trying to catch as many card carrying Folks off guard and stomp them out..

Also a little bird told me GM's were baiting people in to sell cards then suspending players...

That one is pure Rumor though... I'd hope they wouldnt be setting up stupid sting operations like that lol.

Here's the source on our knowing it's targeted for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I should clarify that we are currently targeting Wednesday for the release of Update 24, with the Jester being activated the day after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, when have we ever done something like that before. DDO is bug free, I assure you.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nefatron View Post
    I think they are cutting it so close because they are trying to catch as many card carrying Folks off guard and stomp them out..

Also a little bird told me GM's were baiting people in to sell cards then suspending players...

That one is pure Rumor though... I'd hope they wouldnt be setting up stupid sting operations like that lol.
    If they were going to actively ban, there's a lot easier ways of doing it. You should probably take rumors and innuendo from dupers with a grain of salt. They aren't the universe's brightest stars to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    For an update they usually post the release date up to 4 days before, so, say, friday for a tuesday release. Leaving it this late suggests to me they don't want to commit to anything since they're working really tight to the deadline.
    I really hope they release at the beginning of a week instead of a Thursday or Friday. Bad things have been happening on weekends as it is lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    If they were going to actively ban, there's a lot easier ways of doing it. You should probably take rumors and innuendo from dupers with a grain of salt. They aren't the universe's brightest stars to begin with.
    Rite Rite, Thats why said it was Purely rumor.

"rattle, rattle........oh! It's locked.....what can I just make out disappearing over the horizon? Is it a galloping horse far away?
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

I don't doubt this....

I have been making cross server trades and someone opened a trade window with me and entered 100 of each card. I turned it down. I am sure it was a GM trying to bait me.

PS...for the record...I have never duped...don't know how.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I don't doubt this....

I have been making cross server trades and someone opened a trade window with me and entered 100 of each card. I turned it down. I am sure it was a GM trying to bait me.

PS...for the record...I have never duped...don't know how.
    Nonsense. If they were going to ban dupers, they'd just do it. It is not hard to figure out who is duping. Turbine has the power to find and ban every single person that is holding duped items/has duped guild levels/or any such thing. They don't because they don't care.

It is what it is. The majority have nothing to worry about.

Community Manager

Unfortunately, an issue came up in the build we put together for tomorrow's planned deployment, so we're going to have to fix the issue and rebuild. This means that Update 24 will not be released tomorrow, but we're still targeting this week. We'll have exact downtime and release date details when we are ready to announce it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Dang it.

And then the servers go off on a Friday once more - with the subsequent weekend unscheduled down time. I hope it does not happen!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't make sense anyways, they are tradable items, hence "trading cards"
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Unfortunately, an issue came up in the build we put together for tomorrow's planned deployment, so we're going to have to fix the issue and rebuild. This means that Update 24 will not be released tomorrow, but we're still targeting this week. We'll have exact downtime and release date details when we are ready to announce it.
    Thank you for letting us know cordovan.

Thanks Cordovan for the update. But may I suggest you use the "Scotty" method when planning the downtime. As in exact downtime + 2 hrs. So that when you finish "early" you look like a genius.

Default Better Fix Before than After

I for one am perfectly happy to wait for them to fix any problem BEFORE release, rather than after, causing hotfixes, downtime or whatever.

TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED to make it right the first time.

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

So...worshiping the purple-pink madness comes later, I guess?
    Just a random, forgettable NPC doing things an NPC does
    Things that NPCs do include, but are not limited to:

Having a gold goblet over my head to indicate availability of a quest
    Having a catchphrase that never really catches on
    Having various rewards that are generally not worth the trouble
    Wandering around randomly
    Giving out obvious information if it wasn't obvious enough
    Repeating the same lines over and over again
    Repeating the same lines over and over again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast