Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default About the Harper favor...

Hey all, yesterday i was going to buy druid's deep in order (whenever that's going to be) to unlock harper tree, right? But then it occurred to me that the max total for harper favor is 294 (source http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Harpers#Favor_ranks ) and master harper in currently unachievable.

Knowing update 24 is going to be mostly xoriat themed and with only one big harper favored quest i started wondering, will we be able to unlock the harper tree prior to update 25? Unless something changes i'd say no.

Moreover druid's is one of my least favourite packs (the only epic pack i miss), i don't wish to be suckerpunched in buying something i don't want for something i can't have (at least right now).

Any thoughts?

Community Member

If you want it on launch, just do all the Harper quests on heroic elite, then EE HH. Should be able to knock out an EH Mask of Deception pretty easily.

If you really despise the Druid's chain enough to never want to run it or buy it maybe ask a friend to give you a guest pass? They're pretty pricey at 85 TP for 180 mins though, not sure on the price of the 90 min ones. :/
    Last edited by Ayseifn; 11-29-2014 at 05:47 AM.

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

new f2p quest is for Harpers, it gives you 18 favor

so 294+18=312

and you need 310 to unlock Harpers enhancement tree

profit!
    Last edited by noble_pirate; 12-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noble_pirate View Post
    you need 310 to unlock Harpers ED
    Really, have this been confirmed?

Wiki's still listing it as Master Harper - 375 - unachievable

Granted wiki's not always up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    If you really despise the Druid's chain enough to never want to run it or buy it maybe ask a friend to give you a guest pass? They're pretty pricey at 85 TP for 180 mins though, not sure on the price of the 90 min ones. :/
    Fun fact: that's almost the crux of the issue, me and me mate buy stuff togheter. On this we've got a bit of an issue, i don't want to waste time fighting epic wolves, he doesn't want to buy something you can unlock by playing.

The post is kind of a way to settle things up in a non violent -possibly bloodless- way

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
    read lamannia patch notes or log on lamannia maybe? ))

ddowiki info is about existing condition on live servers.

i specially logged on lamaland and run that quest for checking that, so..
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Wiki's still listing it as Master Harper - 375 - unachievable
    On Live, if you have over 250 Harper favor, the patron tab shows the next level to be 375 favor. U24 on Lamannia lowered this to 310, but since everything on Lamannia can change until live release, wiki will not be updated until U24 hit live servers.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by noble_pirate View Post
    Harpers ED
    Nice, I did not know they implement Harpers ED to the already implemented harpers agent enhancement tree.

Hey all, yesterday i was going to buy druid's deep in order (whenever that's going to be) to unlock harper tree, right? But then it occurred to me that the max total for harper favor is 294 (source http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Harpers#Favor_ranks ) and master harper in currently unachievable.

Knowing update 24 is going to be mostly xoriat themed and with only one big harper favored quest i started wondering, will we be able to unlock the harper tree prior to update 25? Unless something changes i'd say no.

Moreover druid's is one of my least favourite packs (the only epic pack i miss), i don't wish to be suckerpunched in buying something i don't want for something i can't have (at least right now).

Any thoughts?
    Druid's Deep costs 550 TP. Harper enhancement tree costs 495 TP. So you can spend more and then have to run quests you hate (or think you hate), or spend less and get Harpers tree now.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Manager

Yes, the Harper tree will be unlockable when Update 24 is released, and is set at 310 favor.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, the Harper tree will be unlockable when Update 24 is released, and is set at 310 favor.
    Will that unlock the tree for your account? Or just that character?

Community Member

Default Druid's Deep

Any thoughts?
    Why do you not like this pack - have you actually tried it (guest passes) or just based on hearsay?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlin View Post
    I assume that like other favor unlocks, it's for the account, but only on that server.
    Cilon can be found on Orien.

Quote Originally Posted by ufo2013 View Post
    Why do you not like this pack - have you actually tried it (guest passes) or just based on hearsay?
    reskinned Scrags with branches just aren't fun for me and the rewards are meh. it is something different than wolves, trolls and kobolds though. the quests are mostly short and confined in small areas, except Druids Curse. that quest is actually ok and really like the end fight. i only run the quests for xp and if there is nothing else on the lfm. to each their own, but its a pack i could live without.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlin View Post
    Account, I'm guessing it's server specific though.
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-11-21-14)
    Players can now unlock the ability to use the Harper enhancement tree through the acquisition of 310 Harper favor. Visit the Harper Patron, Olarra Idlewist, located in the Eveningstar Tavern, to get started. Once unlocked, the Harper tree is available to all characters on the same account.

Community Member

DD was actually the first epic chain i've ever done back when i was a vip, after that i shunned all epic quests for months. It's just that killing epic wolves isn't my cuppa tea.

Plus i'm not a fan of FR settings in the first place so...yeah i'd rather pass on that one and get directly the haper tree (as someone pointed out it's actually cheaper)

Ps thx Jerry for answering, good to see you mustacheless, you handsome devil (?)

The harper quest chains are by far the worst quests in Eveningstar. They're more or less mindless rail shooters, going from A to Z and kill everything in between. The items are okay, the length is okay, but they're about as exiting as 60 year old 'hotties' in full bathing suits and shower caps.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    they're about as exciting as 60 year old 'hotties' in full bathing suits and shower caps.
    I thought you were referring to an all-male Russian banya in NYC until you mentioned bathing suits.

It is true, though, that Harper agents seem oriented towards stealth yet their quest lines discourage it. Maybe that is why they hire us mercenaries.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Community Member

Default My question to the devs

If i unlock the harper favor on a toon and then decided after a later update that maybe i want to tr him does the tree stay open or do i have to do the favor again to unlock it. First time using favor to unlock i bought artificiers when they came in because i am not a big fan of challenges! Thanks for the time!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Druid's Deep costs 550 TP. Harper enhancement tree costs 495 TP. So you can spend more and then have to run quests you hate (or think you hate), or spend less and get Harpers tree now.
    That would also make it available on your whole account instead of having to unlock it for each server.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast