Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Kender And Friends 12 Days Of X-mas Event!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Its that time of year again, Christmas - Kender guild has decided to host a server wide X-mas event. The 12 days of Christmas Hooray :}
    If your interested in taking part in this event please continue reading...If not that's ok too - Happy Holidays.

Here is the gist of of the event is as follows:

You put the name of your toon in and when I get everyone's names I will randomly by dice roll pick out secret Santas. You will in your in game email get an email with the name of the person who you will be a secret santa to. For 12 days you will send your person a gift. The first day you start with a small gift, and each day you give a little better gift, leading up to the 12th day in which you give your "BIG" gift. On the 12th day we all get together and basically have a DDO X-Mas Party and gift exchange and find out who your secret Santa is. Also on the 12th day after our little get together we then go as a group(s) and give out random gifts across the server in the spirit of x-mas and giving. The running around and giving out random gifts is optional and not necessary to do to take part in this event. This is for fun, community closeness, and for something to do other than just grind and lvl :}

There are some rules for this too, remember not everyone is at the same lvl in the game so don't be upset if your gift isn't as great as say the one you sent to your person.

1. This is an Honor system, meaning if you decide to join in this event then you ARE to send a gift all 12 of those days,
    2. NO TELLING ANYONE WHO THE PERSON IS YOU GOT FOR A SECRET SANTA - Or WHO YOUR SECRET SANTA IS - NO ASKING FOR SPECIFIC ITEMS ETC.
    3. This is for fun, no whining or complaining in public about your gifts, again not everyone is at the same lvl in the game meaning not everyone has the resources to send uber gifts.
    4. On the flip side of the coin, don't just give vendor trash expecting to get a good gift - again this an honor system I expect Thelanis folks to have honor.
    5. HAVE FUN WITH THIS, AND REMEMBER IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE :}
    6. Only 1 toon per person please

Now for the finer points I will be taking names to join in for the event up and until midnight (USA time) of December 10, 2014 after which time I can no longer take names as I will be rolling the dice for secret santas. The event will Start on December 13th, 2014 and will Continue until December 26th, 2014. Yep your right that is 14 days not 12 we will not be doing this during December 24th (Christmas Eve), & December 25th (Christmas Day) as most people spend those days with Family, friends and loved ones. On December 26th (USA Date) at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time US We will Meet up in the tavern in House K. The instance will be posted on up on LFM before the event starts.

Hope to see a good turn out on this..Happy Holidays all

REVISION UPDATE 11/23/14

Having thought over the problem with email I came up with a solution: I have created a toon by the name of SecretSantaK if you choose to you can send your daily gifts to this toon and then I will send them onto the proper person. So your recipient will be getting their gift from SecretSantaK (clever I know) If you are not comfortable with this then you can send from alt, a friend, or whatever you figure out to keep your identity a secret.

You will get the name of your secret santa choice from the toon Named SecretSantaK, and the email will remind you of your options in that email. It will be a bit of work but I think it will be worth it, Thank you everyone who has shown an interest in taking part I think we are going to have a great time. Also if you want to send an in game email, to SecretSantaK to say you would like to join in the festivities I will also accept names that way. As well as, I will randomly in game throw up LFM'S from SecretSantaK and you can send a tell in game at those times if interested. Again thank you to everyone the interest in this event has been wonderful to see everyone's interest peaked.

IF the email is NOT from SecretSantaK with your secret santas name, then it is not part of this event.

Happy Holidays
    Last edited by LadySorrows; 11-23-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Community Manager

Very cool - good luck with this!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

I would never feel secure with Kender anywhere near my gifts.... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCaedus View Post
    I would never feel secure with Kender anywhere near my gifts.... just saying

:} We won't be just give u the name for your secret santa :} no gifts goes through kender unless you choose to use SecretSantaK, or if you happen to be our secret person :} Besides you know we just "borrow or find shiny" we would never steal it.
    Last edited by LadySorrows; 11-23-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadySorrows View Post
    Hello Everyone,

2. NO TELLING ANYONE WHO THE PERSON IS YOU GOT FOR A SECRET SANTA
    l
    Just one question. How do you mail the presents without the recipient knowing who mailed it? The sender's name is on the mail.

Talking face palm !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    Just one question. How do you mail the presents without the recipient knowing who mailed it? The sender's name is on the mail.
    Well heck, I honestly didn't think of that :} I guess u can use an alt who isn't very well known etc. You could have a friend u trust send it, there a few options open to us to keep it a secret. The point to that was so that people don't bug their santa for specific items. But thank you for bringing this to my attention I will rewrite that part.
    Last edited by LadySorrows; 11-21-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Community Member

How about you send a gift to someone to send to someone, then the person giving and receiving really would not know who each other are? Just tell the person who they will be receiving from. That way you know its legit...and expect mail from that person each day.

Default A possible option

How about, the receiver of said gift sends a reply mail of their secret person? And the sender of said gift sends their next gift to that person?

Default Awesome!

Hello Everyone,

Its that time of year again, Christmas - Kender guild has decided to host a server wide X-mas event. The 12 days of Christmas Hooray :}
    If your interested in taking part in this event please continue reading...If not that's ok too - Happy Holidays.
    This is awesome! I was going to sign up for it but then I noticed it was in the Thelanis forums (I found it through Dev Tracker), do you mind if I borrow your idea and use it on Ghallanda?

Of course I would give credit to you for the idea hehe
    Last edited by Tom116; 11-22-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Kestros, Shintao Monk
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

starting on the 13th and ending on the 26th is 14 days. one off for xmas is 13, you still need another day off.
    As to not knowing who your santa is, the only real way to have secrecy is to have all gifts mailed to one clearinghouse toon who then distributes gifts to recipients. seems like a lot of work to me.
    As much as I'd love to participate, i just can't commit to logging in every day these days, sorry. So for my part I'll be tooling around the Marketplace tapping random strangers for some good cheer and a gift or two. Merry Christmas all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom116 View Post
    This is awesome! I was going to sign up for it but then I noticed it was in the Thelanis forums (I found it through Dev Tracker), do you mind if I borrow your idea and use it on Ghallanda?

Of course I would give credit to you for the idea hehe
    Go for it I don't mind at all

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    starting on the 13th and ending on the 26th is 14 days. one off for xmas is 13, you still need another day off.
    As to not knowing who your santa is, the only real way to have secrecy is to have all gifts mailed to one clearinghouse toon who then distributes gifts to recipients. seems like a lot of work to me.
    As much as I'd love to participate, i just can't commit to logging in every day these days, sorry. So for my part I'll be tooling around the Marketplace tapping random strangers for some good cheer and a gift or two. Merry Christmas all.
    No problem Ogre, and thank you ogre I have the amount of days right just forgot to add x-mas eve as a no go day too, because of people traveling etc. I will make the change thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    How about you send a gift to someone to send to someone, then the person giving and receiving really would not know who each other are? Just tell the person who they will be receiving from. That way you know its legit...and expect mail from that person each day.

I like that I think I can work it out and make sure no one knows who their real secret santa is that's awesome thank you for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    How about, the receiver of said gift sends a reply mail of their secret person? And the sender of said gift sends their next gift to that person?
    a good idea I will consider it

Go for it I don't mind at all
    Great, thank you
    Kestros, Shintao Monk
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Thumbs up 12 Days Xmas Event Update

Hello Everyone,

You put the name of your toon in and when I get everyone's names I will randomly by dice roll pick out secret Santas. You will in your in game email get an email with the name of the person who you will be a secret santa to. For 12 days you will send your person a gift. The first day you start with a small gift, and each day you give a little better gift, leading up to the 12th day in which you give your "BIG" gift. On the 12th day we all get together and basically have a DDO X-Mas Party and gift exchange and find out who your secret Santa is. Also on the 12th day after our little get together we then go as a group(s) and give out random gifts across the server in the spirit of x-mas and giving. The running around and giving out random gifts is optional and not necessary to do to take part in this event. This is for fun, community closeness, and for something to do other than just grind and lvl :}

There are some rules for this too, remember not everyone is at the same lvl in the game so don't be upset if your gift isn't as great as say the one you sent to your person.

1. This is an Honor system, meaning if you decide to join in this event then you ARE to send a gift all 12 of those days,
    2. NO TELLING ANYONE WHO THE PERSON IS YOU GOT FOR A SECRET SANTA - Or WHO YOUR SECRET SANTA IS - NO ASKING FOR SPECIFIC ITEMS ETC.
    3. This is for fun, no whining or complaining in public about your gifts, again not everyone is at the same lvl in the game meaning not everyone has the resources to send uber gifts.
    4. On the flip side of the coin, don't just give vendor trash expecting to get a good gift - again this an honor system I expect Thelanis folks to have honor.
    5. HAVE FUN WITH THIS, AND REMEMBER IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE :}

Now for the finer points I will be taking names to join in for the event up and until midnight (USA time) of December 10, 2014 after which time I can no longer take names as I will be rolling the dice for secret santas. The event will Start on December 13th, 2014 and will Continue until December 26th, 2014. Yep your right that is 14 days not 12 we will not be doing this during December 24th (Christmas Eve), & December 25th (Christmas Day) as most people spend those days with Family, friends and loved ones. On December 26th (USA Date) at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time US We will Meet up in the tavern in House K. The instance will be posted on up on LFM before the event starts.

REVISION UPDATE 11/23/14

Having thought over the problem with email I came up with a solution: I have created a toon by the name of SecretSantaK if you choose to you can send your daily gifts to this toon and then I will send them onto the proper person. So your recipient will be getting their gift from SecretSantaK (clever I know) If you are not comfortable with this then you can send from alt, a friend, or whatever you figure out to keep your identity a secret.

You will get the name of your secret santa choice from the toon Named SecretSantaK, and the email will remind you of your options in that email. It will be a bit of work but I think it will be worth it, Thank you everyone who has shown an interest in taking part I think we are going to have a great time. Also if you want to send an in game email, to SecretSantaK to say you would like to join in the festivities I will also accept names that way. As well as, I will randomly in game throw up LFM'S from SecretSantaK and you can send a tell in game at those times if interested. Again thank you to everyone the interest in this event has been wonderful to see everyone's interest peaked.

IF the email is NOT from SecretSantaK with your secret santas name, then it is not part of this event.

Happy Holidays

I just wanted to give everyone an update on the X-Mas Event we are up to about 50 names for Secret Santa. We are about a week before the Event Starts - 3 days left to add your name to list if you are interested in taking part. In game e-mails have been sent to toons who have requested to take part in the event, verifying they are on the SSK list. I had one person send me a message asking how much I am charging to enter the event, he was told by someone that there was a charge to join the event. THERE IS NO COST TO JOIN THE EVENT, IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU OTHERWISE THEY ARE NOT A PART OF THIS EVENT, PLZ DO NOT GIVE PLAT OR ITEMS TO ANYONE TO JOIN THE 12 DAYS EVENT.

I want to throw out a special thank you to a toon on the Thelanis Server named Thalone - Though he is unable to join for the complete event he has donated some items to be used for rewards for activities during the DDO x-mas party on Dec 26th. Thank you Thalone for your support.

All I can say is thank you everyone for your interest and can't wait for the event to start. :}

Thank You again, Happy Holidays & May your adventures be grand, full of friends, fun, and of shiny loot.

SecretSantaK - Kender & Friends

Default Sing Up for 12 days event is over - Now Event Begins :}

Hello Everyone,

REVISION UPDATE 11/23/14

Happy Holidays

Latest update for 12 Days of X-Mas Event:

Signing up for event is now over :{

For the DDOer's who have decided to take part in the event each of you have recieved a verification ingame email. On December 12th you will get the name of your Secret Santa in your ingame email.

ACTIVITIES PLANNED FOR DDO X-MAS PARTY ON DEC 26TH:

Unveiling of your secret santa
    Ugliest armor contest
    Guess the amount of contents in the Ingredients bag
    Pass the Collectibles Bag
    The # Gift Switcharoo Game
    Stocking Stash Treasure Hunt

Happy Holidays Everyone

SecretSantaK

Community Member

Default Xmass without empower

I too unfortunatley have found myself unable to make all event days so i would like to donate to the event instead of recieving gifts as i am unable to log everyday during event. This is an awesome idea and im sure will be a huge sucsessful event i will make a dozen special gift emails for secret santa and pls give them out where needed thanks a heap for understanding... If i could i would! Merry xmass!!

strongcleave.

Red face Almost Halfway Through.....

Hello Everyone as the title says we are almost halfway through the 12 Days of Xmas Event. It has been pretty exciting to see so many of the Thelanis community get into the holiday spirit. The presents have been coming everyday - and the inventiveness of them are amazing. A majority of people have elected to use SecretsantaK to send gifts so it has given me a chance to see how everyone is truly in the spirit of the holidays.

As the event is proceeding I am still getting folks who are donating to cause...going to throw out a shout to a couple of people who have decided to donate items for the DDO X-Mas party on December 26th:

Docsin - Ty Doc for showing your support to Thelanis and the Holiday Event
    Eclyptical - Appreciate the support
    Sorrowsaim - The Donations are truly appreciated
    Thalone - Who has been mentioned in a previous post who started the Donations Thank You
    Nimblestrike - Taking the extra effort to make this event happen
    Strongcleave - Couldn't make the event but has made sure to still support it
    Omnii - Supporting his friends and Thelanis through his donations for X-mas event
    Aistlynn - Giving and supporting our community
    Donka - Supporting Thelanis and strippers 1 plat at a time :}

I have a super special thank you and person of interest to mention for Donations: Malleficent (AKA GingerSpyce from the Sarlona Server) He is running a special project on Thelanis you can check it out here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-...XQ1U9yKUvQSxjw Though not of our server still took time to make a donation for our X-Mas Event. Thank you for your support and for choosing Thelanis as the server for your project.

As it is the fifth day of the event - SecretsantaK - has decided to honor the fifth day (five golden rings) by sending everyone who is participating in the 12 Days of X-mas Event Five Golden Coins :}

Just an update for those who have been following the event.
    Last edited by LadySorrows; 12-18-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast