Community Member

Default Best TF sorc weapon?

del
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-25-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Dwarvencraft <Spell-school> Focus:2 Passive: +6 Equipment Bonus to the DC to resist your <school> spells. Heroic spells are for use in heroics. Worthless for an epic sorc.
    So in your opinion the only worth wiled epic spells are granted from ED's (Energy Burst, Consecration, etc) and Feats (Ruin and Hellball) for a Sorc?

Community Member

I'm not killing 15k HP EE mobs with fireball anymore, that's for sure. I put Twilight away awhile ago. This is about TF sorc weapons. Do you know how any of the TF weapon abilities work that are in blue?
    No wonder you can't take down those, you'll have rubbish DCs. I use +6 evo and necro sticks (with slotted greater augments for a +8 total) and have no problem decimating 15kHP groups of mobs. Wail to start, when this is on timer I go Chain Lightning+Lightning Bolt SLA+Electric Loop SLA+Delayed Blast Fireball, rinse and repeat with an Energy Burst when off timer. If they are still evading, use Solid fog for the debuff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    No wonder you can't take down those, you'll have rubbish DCs. I use +6 evo and necro sticks (with slotted greater augments for a +8 total) and have no problem decimating 15kHP groups of mobs. Wail to start, when this is on timer I go Chain Lightning+Lightning Bolt SLA+Electric Loop SLA+Delayed Blast Fireball, rinse and repeat with an Energy Burst when off timer. If they are still evading, use Solid fog for the debuff.
    You do all that and only reduce your enemies by 10%?

Sorry, pedantic I know, an old pet peeve of people having no idea what the word decimate means or comes from.

Default No tier 3 mats for TF yet but...

do have mats for maybe 4 Tier 2 TF items for my drow pure 20 air/force specced sorc. +6 Evocation DC, solid fog -5, Magister Evocation Augmention Twist %15 for another -10 and when in DI, Draconic Electric Spell Augmentation 15% for another -10, +2 Evoc Augment.

That's an easily obtainable +33 which is very noticeable on a half-arse geared + shipped Charisma of at least 48, + 1 Wiz PL, +1 SF: Evoc and no Heighten.

And this can be pushed even higher with consumables and I only have a +4 Cha tome soooo.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

Community Member

Edit: I decided to avoid an infraction

Tilomere you have to be kidding me. Please stop posting about you and your sorc, and don't post stupid **** like this. Mortal fear is the best tier 3 for a sorc .... ffs dude. Heroic spells are no good in epics ... dude ......
    Last edited by moo_cow; 11-18-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Community Member

Good to know you are having success with +6 evo and necro stick load out as option. What do the rest of your TF weapons look like? I'm curious on necro stick. Is it only for wail DC, or do you commonly use energy drain/FoD combos as well? Does it have necro spell power or repair/healing?
    I have 3 swap out TF weapons (only tier 2, if I had spare phlogs I'd add critical damage) and the Libram in the other hand (with slotted Recon). This is so I can use them from levels 26-28. They get swapped regularly and are hotbarred.
    1 x TF throwing knife, Magnetism 150, evo focus, slotted greater evo.
    1 x TF throwing knife, Negative 150, necro focus, slotted greater necro (for wail/finger and also blindness and bestow curse, though these don't usually see action outside of Mark of Death)
    1 x TF throwing knife, Magnetism 150, transmutation focus, slotted greater transmutation (mainly for Mark of Death, but also situationally good for disintegrate).

I do use Finger, but it tends to need an energy drain/necrotic ray or three to be reliable, and struggles a lot on hard EE content. Though to be honest Spell Pen becomes a bigger issue there....

All are magnetism as this is for an air savant. I have combustion and impulse covered elsewhere.

They are knives because the only melee I do is busting breakables :P

Do you happen to know how the dragon breaths work in 1H and staff form
    Sorry, I don't know. I never take dragon breath, as there a too many other nice things in Draconic that I prefer (e.g. Reflex debuff, cheap level increase on secondary element).

Oh, and everyone has rubbish fireball DCs. It's bugged. Oh nvm. It ruins it.
    That's only the Fireball SLA, the actual spell is fine, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    You do all that and only reduce your enemies by 10%?

Sorry, pedantic I know, an old pet peeve of people having no idea what the word decimate means or comes from.
    Hi, glad you have woken from your cryogenic sleep. In the 1700 years since the Fall of the Roman Empire (Ecce! Senatus Populusque Romanum delebatur), a secondary meaning has appeared in a new language called "English" (originating from that small celtic island Julius Caesar visited), and now commonly means to:
    "kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of."

You'll undoubtedly be horrified to learn that it's not the only word in that language that has changed meaning from the original language, it seems that languages are living entities that change over time. De minimis non curat Chi_Ryu.
    Last edited by Chi_Ryu; 11-19-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Since you already know my weapon(don't have the mortal fear yet but it isn't dire anyway) I will just add that my item set right now is nice for any future caster builds I make Xyfiel. Noxious Embers, Litany, Diadem, 100 potency on TF. That covers a lot of build options and I can always redo my weapon(s) if I need dc.

OP is distracting people. I'll edit things down. I just wanted to know how a few things work and what people think is the best TF sorc weapon. So far I've gotten response about spell selection and use, evo DC, latin refresher, someone that uses necro and evo DC sticks which I find useful, and wish I knew more on how much they use necro stick, and fan club mail about a build.

Wizza uses twf scepters:
    Main Hand: Thunder-Forged Scepter (+12, +36 Spell Implement, 150 Magnetism Spellpower, +6 Evocation DC, 22% Electric lore, Orange slot: Meridian Fragment)
    - Off-hand: Thunder-Forged Scepter (+12, +36 Spell Implement, 150 Combustion Spellpower, +6 Enchantment DC, 17% General Critical lore, Orange: Devotion 138, Colorless: Empty for now)

This is actually pretty useful to know, since Wizza also posted EE WGU solo runs. 126 minutes and 2 reentrys to avoid using mana pots in flawless EE WGU. Mob kill count is low so guessing killing pillars from below and invis running.
    126 minutes and 2 re-entries is not a flawless run by any amount of imagination you can come up with. That's extremely bad.

Also those scepters are outdated. Epic noxious embers replaces 150 combustion and 17% spell lore.

Toaster of Vengeance uses Twilight, Element of Magic (Red Slot: Reconstruction 114)

I'm guessing this is for max chain missiles and EB to make up for multiclassing.
    Again outdated by at least two updates.

Toaster of Vengeance uses Twilight, Element of Magic (Red Slot: Reconstruction 114)

I'm guessing this is for max chain missiles and EB to make up for multiclassing.
    This is changing to Dual TF - I just got back to this build after finishing out Completionist on this toon. Still haven't figured out the optimal gear for this toon as I am currently only at L22 since starting the reboot of this build.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

I tried to scorched earth EE WGU and kill everything without consumables. I don't have the mana efficiency to solo clear it without multiple reentries. Melee mobs are easy. Casters are ok with PW:Kill and PW:Stun/burst. The evasion mobs are proving problematic in terms of mana efficiency to kill. I'll try with a better character with conc. opp after I farm up a T3 weapon.

The pillars/shadovars/trash just have too much total HP.

Switching from Twilight to TF costs two levels of all your draconic abilities, which is 2 DC and damage. TF / Alchemical T3 Arcane Augmentation IX combo may be better than dual TF in draconic, with enchantment from Sage's item.
    +2 caster levels do not give +2 DCs. Go shiradi if you're so worried about efficiency that it's taking you over two hours to clear WGU. A good build should be able to clear it easily in under 30 with zero consumables.