Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel Shrine

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    Your dps would be higher if you went 15/4/1 pal/fvs/ftr
    I went 2 Monk to really go overkill on the defenses.
    I like doing a tank role, especially in Epics and Raids. I thought the monk would add evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    I like doing a tank role, especially in Epics and Raids. I thought the monk would add evasion.
    Evasion only works when you swap in light armor. There are rare instances when you would want to do that, but for the most part, you will be running in heavy armor for the paladin stance.

The monk adds a bit of survivability from deflect arrows, healing amp, and 2 saves, but at the cost of 10% doublestrike from zeal. Consensus seems to be that fighter and zeal are better in 90% of all situations. In my case, I kept monk due to being a dedicated EE raid tank.

Still the weakest member and dumbest of Omnipresence.

Evasion only works when you swap in light armor. There are rare instances when you would want to do that, but for the most part, you will be running in heavy armor for the paladin stance.

The monk adds a bit of survivability from deflect arrows, healing amp, and 2 saves, but at the cost of 10% doublestrike from zeal. Consensus seems to be that fighter and zeal are better in 90% of all situations. In my case, I kept monk due to being a dedicated EE raid tank.
    Oh yes, that's right about monks and evasion.
    Oh well, putting the 1 Ftr in there means I don't have to use anything like an LR +1 to remove a level of fighter, I can just got right into PDK as a 15Pally/4FvS/1Ftr.... right ?

I was doing pretty good "raid tanking" on my pure pally, and I don't think I will lose much with only 15 levels. Most of my tanking came from ED's and gear.

Did you infer that you were changing the build to a 15Pal/4FvS/1Ftr or staying with the original with 14Pal/4FvS/2Monk ?

Quote Originally Posted by pappo View Post
    Did you infer that you were changing the build to a 15Pal/4FvS/1Ftr or staying with the original with 14Pal/4FvS/2Monk ?
    I'm staying 14/4/2 on my main, simply because it scales best with completionist. All my screenshots are for that class split.

However, for anyone else, 15/4/1 has higher DPS with only minimal defensive loss.

It simply isn't worth wasting a +1 heart unless you plan to regularly tank 3 EE MoD death knights at the same time or need the 100+ save for EE Lady Vol's breath attack.

I'm staying 14/4/2 on my main, simply because it scales best with completionist. All my screenshots are for that class split.

However, for anyone else, 15/4/1 has higher DPS with only minimal defensive loss.

It simply isn't worth wasting a +1 heart unless you plan to regularly tank 3 EE MoD death knights at the same time or need the 100+ save for EE Lady Vol's breath attack.
    It sticks looks like a great build. I am not completionist, so what feat would be good to replace the completionist feat? Also, would any other feats be changed by taking PDK fighter at level 1.

Default Doesn't wearing heavy armor block all of the monk abilities?

Hi i have a pure paladin and i'm interested in this build, my question is doesn't wearing heavy armor block any benefits you would normally gain from being a monk? enhancements, AC through Wis, healing amp, etc? ... or is that only with specific thinks like not being able to use stances and monk specific attacks. Please let me know as i would like to try this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Damion01 View Post
    Hi i have a pure paladin and i'm interested in this build, my question is doesn't wearing heavy armor block any benefits you would normally gain from being a monk? enhancements, AC through Wis, healing amp, etc? ... or is that only with specific thinks like not being able to use stances and monk specific attacks. Please let me know as i would like to try this build.
    yep hes uncentered. That blocks somethings, not all. He can still use lots of things from monk, like enhancements (heal amp) or extra feats, etc.

Default Ahh OK! So he keeps everything that isn't directly related to being centered, TY!

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    yep hes uncentered. That blocks somethings, not all. He can still use lots of things from monk, like enhancements (heal amp) or extra feats, etc.
    Thanks a ton, i understand

Build has been updated for U24.

Changes to Healing Amp have increased Steel Shrine's defenses. Shifted resources into DPS to compensate.

Added Echoes of Ancestor: Exalted Angel.
    Removed Purity of Essence.
    Replaced Intricate Field Optics with Epic Mentau's Goggles.
    Moved 2 points from Harper Tree into extra Charisma in Warpriest Tree.

Net Effect:
    Base DPS increased by ~15.
    Max theoretical DPS increased to 4000. !!!YAY!!!
    +2 Fort, Will
    +1 Reflex
    Lost Truesight. Have to use Item Swap or UMD Scroll.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 12-18-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Founder

Default possible for less well geared players?

very interesting build idea. I am looking to build up some Paladin PL and this looks like a fun way to do that. but wondering if it would be doable without some of the high level gear you listed. I don't have any TF items so armor and orb would have to use something else, like the commendation turn ins.

would this still work going with SWF but nothing in your off hand, or random gen loot (if orbs can even be random gen). I think I may have a madstone skull laying around, at least it would have a couple of slots for augments

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    very interesting build idea. I am looking to build up some Paladin PL and this looks like a fun way to do that. but wondering if it would be doable without some of the high level gear you listed. I don't have any TF items so armor and orb would have to use something else, like the commendation turn ins.

would this still work going with SWF but nothing in your off hand, or random gen loot (if orbs can even be random gen). I think I may have a madstone skull laying around, at least it would have a couple of slots for augments
    Dragontouched Plate and Deathnip (both level 14) works fine too. SWF works fine without an orb.

Founder

Dragontouched Plate and Deathnip (both level 14) works fine too. SWF works fine without an orb.
    thank you for the quick reply. may have to give it a go. and going with a PDK means I will have to spend some time in the 20's and may get some of the better items for the next life.

though wanted to check - dragon touched or dragon scale armor for the lower levels? I think I have some old scales banked for dragon scale armor, which wiki shows is lvl 14. wiki says dragon touched is min level 16 and I know I haven't collected runes out in the refuge

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    thank you for the quick reply. may have to give it a go. and going with a PDK means I will have to spend some time in the 20's and may get some of the better items for the next life.

though wanted to check - dragon touched or dragon scale armor for the lower levels? I think I have some old scales banked for dragon scale armor, which wiki shows is lvl 14. wiki says dragon touched is min level 16 and I know I haven't collected runes out in the refuge
    I like the Dragontouched Healing Amp +20, +40, +Destruction. I made a mistake on the level. You are correct.

You can't go wrong with healing amp. With the U24 changes, I've got Ameliorating Strike healing me for 600 HP on 15 second cooldown, with chance for doublestrike. And I've got 3 other spells on rotation. Dying is so 2013.

Default Human or PDK

Wich of the steel shrine builds is best? the human or the PDK build?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxmus View Post
    Wich of the steel shrine builds is best? the human or the PDK build?
    PDK looks better in custom armor, but Amaunator's Brilliance is more or less useless.

Human is better. Unyielding Sovereignty makes it impossible to die.

PDK looks better in custom armor, but Amaunator's Brilliance is more or less useless.

Human is better. Unyielding Sovereignty makes it impossible to die.
    okay, thanks for the fast response

Default A little change? :)

I would pick the 4 fvs levels fast, for more self-healing, maybe level 1-4 pala, 5-6 monk, 7-10 fvs.

Why not go with longsword, so you can be centeret? ultimate stances is really powerfull if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxmus View Post
    I would pick the 4 fvs levels fast, for more self-healing, maybe level 1-4 pala, 5-6 monk, 7-10 fvs.

Why not go with longsword, so you can be centeret? ultimate stances is really powerfull if you ask me.
    Long sword has advantages for being a caster too, but heavy pick does more crit damage. Longsword gains 40% bonus damage from crits, whereas heavy pick gains 120% bonus damage from crits. No amount of centered bonus is worth losing 1000 damage per second.

Taking fvs early means slightly more expensive spell craft ranks but no difference in the end. If it makes heroic levels easier, then by all means go ahead.

Default Khopesh?

Long sword has advantages for being a caster too, but heavy pick does more crit damage. Longsword gains 40% bonus damage from crits, whereas heavy pick gains 120% bonus damage from crits. No amount of centered bonus is worth losing 1000 damage per second.

Taking fvs early means slightly more expensive spell craft ranks but no difference in the end. If it makes heroic levels easier, then by all means go ahead.

I really like this build, and i really like that you response so fast , i would take khopesh instead of heavy pick.

Is orb a shield? because you need heavy armor or a shield for getting the extra +6 to str/con and extra hp, and heay armor destroys evasion, but a orb is not a shield, so how do you get evasion?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast