Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel Shrine

Died repeatedly falling through holes in the floor. Somehow, turbine expects people to navigate around holes in the ground when the shadow phase looks like this.

Still the weakest member and dumbest of Omnipresence.

Although it's annoying, I always adjust my graphic settings for WGU, wheloon and temple of deathwyrm.
    Turning off post-processing effects is the most noticeble.
    If you watch my video of WGU, you'll barely see a difference between purple fog and no fog (sure it is still purple, but everything is clear instead of blurry).

Grats on the solos reign.
    Last edited by Eth; 10-06-2014 at 03:55 AM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Although it's annoying, I always adjust my graphic settings for WGU, wheloon and temple of deathwyrm.
    Turning off post-processing effects is the most noticeble.
    If you watch my video of WGU, you'll barely see a difference between purple fog and no fog (sure it is still purple, but everything is clear instead of blurry).

Grats on the solos reign.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm raging too hard to try again any time soon, but I'll let you know in about a month how much it helps.

EDIT:

It helped ALOT ALOT.

Last edited by Infiltraitor; 10-15-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Other than missing out on skill points would there be any other serious impact to TR'ing into this build at level 15 and starting first level paladin instead of monk?
    A wise man once said that if you don't know the answer to something there is no shame in simply saying "I don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Other than missing out on skill points would there be any other serious impact to TR'ing into this build at level 15 and starting first level paladin instead of monk?
    Nope. But you would need to TR into a 11 Paladin / 1 Fighter / 3 Favored Soul PDK and then LR away 1 fighter into Paladin. Indeed, the extra skill points are pretty garbage.

Edit: Enough people have mentioned it to me that I think it might actually be the stronger choice. LR 12 Paladin / 3 Fvs and then add on the monk levels afterwards.
    Edit #2: Fixed it as per your suggestion.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 10-12-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Wouldn't 12 pally miss out on holy sword?

Also, do you find ameliorating strike to be reliable? It always seemed to be a little on the weak side to me, especially with requiring a target, and thus not being on demand. I've only tried in a barb build, however, never with a pally and all that healing amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffgar View Post
    Wouldn't 12 pally miss out on holy sword?

Also, do you find ameliorating strike to be reliable? It always seemed to be a little on the weak side to me, especially with requiring a target, and thus not being on demand. I've only tried in a barb build, however, never with a pally and all that healing amp.
    The plan is to go 1 Fighter, 11 Paladin, 3 Favored Soul and LR into 12 Paladin, 3 Favored Soul.

Then level up the remaining 5 levels: 2 more paladin, 2 monk, and 1 favored soul.

14 gets Holy Sword.

As for Ameliorating Strike, it is decent. It doesn't cost spell points, isn't a spell, heals AOE, and I never have to stop hitting.

28d2 * 400% Positive Spellpower * 300% Healing Amp = 504 dmg healed per 15 seconds.

As part of the package, however, is exceptionally strong since it displaces Rejuvenating Cocoon as the primary healing mechanism. Between Ameliorating Strike (500), Sacred Ground (330 per tick), Rejuvenating Cocoon (200), Cure Moderate Wounds (200), and Lay on Hands (1500), I find the build able to survive just about anything that can possibly be survived.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 10-15-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Great build. I had a lot of fun getting my 2nd life char (ex-cleric) from 15 to 20 even without lesser tr-ing into monk. Now that I got on epic it seems even better. What I liked most is that it adds a different flavor to the all-powered melee builds so heads up from me!!!
    Khyber : Agraell, Bellafontas, Olethrio, Tiropitaki, Tserp

Quote Originally Posted by silisav View Post
    Great build. I had a lot of fun getting my 2nd life char (ex-cleric) from 15 to 20 even without lesser tr-ing into monk. Now that I got on epic it seems even better. What I liked most is that it adds a different flavor to the all-powered melee builds so heads up from me!!!
    Thanks for the feedback. I haven't actually tested with 28, and 30 pt builds so that perspective is highly novel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I haven't actually tested with 28, and 30 pt builds so that perspective is highly novel to me.
    You are welcome. I tried some other feats since I don't have the +5 tomes but I think I would go for Dex 13 and Dodge instead of Completionist.
    For the same reasons I went for Power Attack and not Precision.
    I couldn't also hit 21 Con so I opted for normal toughness but maybe I will change that to +1 epic CHA depending on the final CHA number I get.

But still the build is really killer on 20 with maxed e.d and performed exceptionally well on EE on these levels.
    Khyber : Agraell, Bellafontas, Olethrio, Tiropitaki, Tserp

Single Weapon fighting + Strength looks to be stronger on multi-completionist toons.

Calculations for Heavy Pick DPS build variant (Harper Tree)
    * Gives up 300 HP and 10 saves for 1500 DPS.

STR = 16 +5 Tome +7 Level +11 Item +17 Divine Might +2 Ship +2 Litany +2 Completionist +1 Globe = 63
    CHA = 14 +5 Tome +11 Item +3 Optics +2 Ship +2 Litany +2 Completionist +2 Harper +2 Crusader +1 Globe = 44

Damage = 104
    -----------
    19.25 Base 5.5[1d6] Heavy Pick
    12 Weapon
    3 Enchant Weapon Past Life
    2 Holy Sword
    26 Strength
    13 Single Weapon Fighting
    11 Deadly
    4 Sword of Justice
    4 Profane
    3 Monk Past Life
    3 Harper Righteousness
    1 Harper Enchantment
    3 Divine Favor

Avg Critical Damage Bonus = 130%
    ---------
    19-20/x6
    15-18/x5

Dmg Calc: 477 dmg per hit, 1049 DPS unboosted
    (104*1.24 Doublestrike)(1 + 1.3 Crits)(1 + 0.61 Melee Power) = 477 dmg per hit

Fully buffed DPS: 1144 dmg per hit, 2516 DPS dual boosted
    (104*1.74 Doublestrike)(1 + 1.3 Crits)(1 + 0.91 Melee Power)(1.2 Human Damage Boost)(1 + 20% Smite Weakness Vulnerable) = 1144 dmg per hit.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 11-03-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Community Member

Single Weapon fighting + Strength looks to be stronger on multi-completionist toons.

Calculations for Heavy Pick DPS build variant (Harper Tree)
    * Gives up 300 HP for 1500 DPS.

STR = 16 +5 Tome +7 Level +11 Item +17 Divine Might +2 Ship +2 Litany +2 Completionist +1 Globe = 63
    CHA = 14 +5 Tome +11 Item +3 Optics +2 Ship +2 Litany +2 Completionist +2 Harper +2 Crusader +1 Globe = 44

Damage = 104
    -----------
    19.25 Base 5.5[1d6] Heavy Pick
    12 Weapon
    3 Enchant Weapon Past Life
    2 Holy Sword
    26 Strength
    13 Single Weapon Fighting
    11 Deadly
    4 Sword of Justice
    4 Profane
    3 Monk Past Life
    3 Harper Righteousness
    1 Harper Enchantment
    3 Divine Favor

Avg Critical Damage Bonus = 130%
    ---------
    19-20/x6
    15-18/x5

Dmg Calc: 516 dmg per hit, 1135 DPS unboosted
    (104*1.34 Doublestrike)(1 + 1.3 Crits)(1 + 0.61 Melee Power) = 516 dmg per hit

Fully buffed DPS: 1210 dmg per hit, 2662 DPS dual boosted
    (104*1.84 Doublestrike)(1 + 1.3 Crits)(1 + 0.91 Melee Power)(1.2 Human Damage Boost)(1 + 20% Smite Weakness Vulnerable) = 1210 dmg per hit.
    Except if you are SWF, you can't have a shield, and then your Doublestrike is lower by 15% ? And extra dmg from shield bashes are gone, but those were not calculated here... And of course the stance is gone for the HPs as noted, but you can now benefit from primal rage, etc. well if you really want to slot that..

Or did I miss something? *EDIT* Like the bug that used to be where you still gained the doublestrike or PRR which ever it was by once wearing the shield, I thought that was squashed, or is it still there?
    Last edited by Loranth; 11-02-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Clarification on missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Loranth View Post
    Except if you are SWF, you can't have a shield, and then your Doublestrike is lower by 15% ? And extra dmg from shield bashes are gone, but those were not calculated here... And of course the stance is gone for the HPs as noted, but you can now benefit from primal rage, etc. well if you really want to slot that..

Or did I miss something? *EDIT* Like the bug that used to be where you still gained the doublestrike or PRR which ever it was by once wearing the shield, I thought that was squashed, or is it still there?
    Copy/paste fail on my part. +1 rep for catching that.

Double strike will be
    10 Celestial Champion
    9 Martial Past Life
    5 Perfect Two Weapon
    24% and not 34%.

EDIT: Fixed.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 11-03-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Community Member

Copy/paste fail on my part. +1 rep for catching that.

Double strike will be
    10 Celestial Champion
    9 Martial Past Life
    5 Perfect Two Weapon
    24% and not 34%.

EDIT: Fixed.
    Also in the original it should be 39%, not 34%. You are not counting the Perfect Two Weapon in the original build. Also you are trading PRR for the shield away in the SWF build in addition to the HP.

Community Member

Also in the original it should be 39%, not 34%. You are not counting the Perfect Two Weapon in the original build. Also you are trading PRR for the shield away in the SWF build in addition to the HP.
    Also you were not counting the Perfect Two Handed Weapon feat, which is 10% additional damage on glancing blows, bringing it to 28 (+2d6), instead of 18. And then there is the 10% on proc effects, but guess we don't need to count that. Also the Shield Bash dmg is a bit over-calculated as its not really for every hit, but at most once a second and there is the chance for each hit...

Also you were not counting the Perfect Two Handed Weapon feat, which is 10% additional damage on glancing blows, bringing it to 28 (+2d6), instead of 18. And then there is the 10% on proc effects, but guess we don't need to count that. Also the Shield Bash dmg is a bit over-calculated as its not really for every hit, but at most once a second and there is the chance for each hit...
    You are right, but considering the amount of mistakes I made even for simple damage calculations, could you imagine the number of errors I would make on a complicated mess like THAT?

actually this is a false statement if pali in SWF u can wield a thuunderfrorged orb with combustion on it and slot 138 dev augment and still get shield mastery lines double strike added belive me im a 16pali/2ftr/2wiz standing at 54% double strike and with zeal of righteousness im hitting 104%

my build is str/cha divine might hitting 80str near 70stun dc 75% atk speed and 230prr ofc O/P build is nice a SWF build can be done and be just as effective if not more so I repeat FALSE statement
    Khyber server Toons:
    mornlord lightstar: 20+ lives mostly melee lost count pure 20 pali vanguard/tank non completion
    Necrotitus: 17th life completionist project

You are right, but considering the amount of mistakes I made even for simple damage calculations, could you imagine the number of errors I would make on a complicated mess like THAT?
    with a SWF pali build like mine 16/2/2 pal/ftr/wiz u can hit double strike numbers of

my break down is
    shield mastery = 3%
    improved shield mastery = 8%
    legendary shield mastery = 7%
    perfect two weapon = 5%
    zeal spell = 10%
    3 x martial double strike = 9%
    martial training from EK enhancement line = 2%
    = 44 standing
    then u can stack celestial champion up to 10% for 54%
    zeal of righteousness is 50% ticking down
    = 104 ticking down to 54%

now with O/P build he would loose 10% - 2% from wiz eldritch knight line so 32% standing

so with a shield or orb u can hit those numbers of double strike but only if pali a ftr can not get the orb bonus as a shield
    Last edited by uberfear2; 11-04-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    Khyber server Toons:
    mornlord lightstar: 20+ lives mostly melee lost count pure 20 pali vanguard/tank non completion
    Necrotitus: 17th life completionist project

Quote Originally Posted by uberfear2 View Post
    actually this is a false statement if pali in SWF u can wield a thuunderfrorged orb with combustion on it and slot 138 dev augment and still get shield mastery lines double strike added belive me im a 16pali/2ftr/2wiz standing at 54% double strike and with zeal of righteousness im hitting 104%

my build is str/cha divine might hitting 80str near 70stun dc 75% atk speed and 230prr ofc O/P build is nice a SWF build can be done and be just as effective if not more so I repeat FALSE statement
    I think the best part was finding out Draconic Reinvigoration and Dragon's Edge on off hand orb is partially working. Like OMG, not going back to shields. However, the shield doublestrike in orb is a bug that will be fixed "soon". I wouldn't call it a FALSE STATEMENT, more like unaware of existing bugs.

Community Member

Is there a more beginner friendly version of this build? It looks very entertaining, but also very expensive.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast