Community Member

Default really need to do is ...... FPS first person shooter angle

Go more FPS angle.

I run ddo in 5920x1080 on 3 monitors and I love it. I zoom in to above the shoulder because full zoom in you do not see your weapon swing and lose too much peripheral vision.

When things get intense especially in raids I zoom out as a Melee Cleric to mange the group while I swing my TF Falchion, but really I almost wish I couldn't zoom out to a top down angle.

I think if word got out about running DDO in a more FPS angle players would flock to it. It really is the ultimate dungeon crawl. I have pics under other threads, but no time to link them right now.

Nowadays most single mid range video cards can do 3 monitors for about $80 - $100.

For me this is a huge selling point.

I have tried the 60 inch led tv and the 30 inch monitor. It is just not the same. Width matters more than height and if your face is more than 2 feet away you lose that engrossing effect. Monitors are cheap nowadays. About the max would be 27 inch monitors.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 09-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Do you mean RTS?

That you want an overhead angle?

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Do you mean RTS?

That you want an overhead angle?
    no, he means FPS. The thing is you don't see yourself swinging a weapon at all when you've fully zoomed in. He wants this angle to be like in Skyrim, for instance; You see your hands and that you're swinging a weapon

I think this suggestion should'be been in the first place. /signed
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Community Member

link to thread with pic of my setup. Last pic is of the ddo resolution.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...itors-is-nifty

FPS for first person shooter.

I think a great feature of the game is a zoomed in view for immersion.

The top down zoomed out view angles take away from the realism and combat of the game. The devs should promote this as a call of duty like dungeon crawl. It might draw some new players.

Switching your ui setup between resolutions is easy...

Chat:
    /ui layout save (filename)
    /ui layout load (filename)
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 09-19-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

I may be confused here...but I can scroll my mouse wheel all the way in tight and have first person view...cant see my hands (I don't think) but its from the head height person perspective.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

I like to zoom in all the way and then zoom ouy slightly to show the toon head and weapon swings.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    I like to zoom in all the way and then zoom ouy slightly to show the toon head and weapon swings.
    I get the immersion argument but personally I like the zoom out mode so I can see what is behind me or just all around me. I only zoom in when I am in dungeons with tight geometry and/or lots of hanging foliage and even then only as much as necessary to be able to see myself.

I like that the game gives you many view options.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

All the way zoomed in is FPS style. Most fps games back at the time of ddo's release had to do extra work to render what you saw in fps view. That is what part of that 'snap' is when you go in that last bit. Saves your pc some rendering power too. I am fine as is, if they had an option, it would be nice to have, but I see too many problems stemming from trying to shoehorn that feature in.

Community Member

Well there is no shoe horn because it is already there. I would like some extra close in zoom though to show weapon swings without the toon's head there.

I prefer getting surprise from behind. That is where surround sound helps just like the FPS.

I would just like to get it out there that most dont use this fps angle, but video surround is so cheap to pull off now. That maybe some screen shots out there would promote the game to players with nice rigs and therefore those with money.

I'm glad there are both ways to play, as I can't play FPS games.

Community Member

I prefer getting surprise from behind.

Community Member

[QUOTE=firemedium_jt;5433096] The devs should promote this ... It might draw some new players.

hi, welcome

Glad you are enjoying it. Lower your expectations. lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post

Lmao.

Good one.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 09-19-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Community Member

Any other MMOs give a FPS perspective or option for it?

I agree full zoom should still show your weapons like a shooter.

I am not sure how much I would use it since being able to see mobs all around me is important to survival but, in instances where it was nessisary to zoom in to see at all (tight dungeons like Druids chain) it would be less Emerson murdering.

Community Member

Monitors are cheap nowadays
    Spoken from a position that not all of us have. They are not cheap for a whole bunch of us.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    Spoken from a position that not all of us have. They are not cheap for a whole bunch of us.
    depends people are giving away CRT monitors like candy on sites like Craigslist.

I still use CRT on my Tower. just better for gaming IMO

deleted, but...

/signed