Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 513
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,053

    Default So... The dg nerf is back on again?

    What the @#$#?? Last I read Dev Sev basically said it was not going to be changed because it was a pointless deviation from d20.

    I told friends turbine finally made a responsible decision and decided not to nerf an iconic dungeons and dragons class perk (for both pure and multiclassed characters), I further theorized that this meant that since they weren't taking the lazy route and nerfing dg that they were actually going to address the ridiculous mob stat inflation that made dg necessary to make saves in ee for most characters.

    I still haven't seen a single valid argument as to why dg should be nerfed, so ill go ahead and reveal the only one.

    Its easier.


    If I see any intelligent argument other than "its easier" on the thread ill reply to it, good luck with that.

    Would love for a dev to step up, even a forum moderator.
    Last edited by 01000010; 09-15-2014 at 11:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,392

    Default

    with the ease of getting a high charisma DG needed to be fixed not nerfed FIXED!


    Beware the Sleepeater

  3. #3
    Community Member Blackheartox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Left from Underdark
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    with the ease of getting a high charisma DG needed to be fixed not nerfed FIXED!
    This

  4. #4
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    It wasn't severlin who decided that but regardless cordovan wants it to be fixed (nerfed) for no reason at all, and yes i can't approve of it either because it was there for a long time with no one else complaining and now after EE scaling they suddenly deem it too powerful with that much inflanted DC on higher difficulties, i mean really ? i can't honestly understand why someone would do such a thing, i just can't.

  5. #5
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    Does not matter what a few inquisitor type haters are posting, DG is a class feature and should remain the as is, in case they cannot make content adjustments they should just let this one slip.

    People do this multiclass for reflex saves 95%+ of the time, reflex saves are boostable on many characters in many different ways (insightful reflexes,etc), so they either bulk nerf all efforts put into reflex saves and evasion or just fix the insane scaling in content.

    We already go into the direction to any stat to anything, so nerfing this is complete nonsense and a sign of having no vision/direction in for where the game will be.

  6. #6
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    with the ease of getting a high charisma DG needed to be fixed not nerfed FIXED!
    fix = nerf

  7. #7
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    It wasn't severlin who decided that but regardless cordovan wants it to be fixed (nerfed) for no reason at all, and yes i can't approve of it either because it was there for a long time with no one else complaining and now after EE scaling they suddenly deem it too powerful with that much inflanted DC on higher difficulties, i mean really ? i can't honestly understand why someone would do such a thing, i just can't.
    We had evasion in heavy and medium armor for a long time to and it was fixed. It doesn't mean things don't need to be FIXED or changed just because they were a certain way for long time.


    Beware the Sleepeater

  8. #8
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pescha View Post
    fix = nerf
    no fixed = fixed


    Beware the Sleepeater

  9. #9
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Does not matter what a few inquisitor type haters are posting, DG is a class feature and should remain the as is, in case they cannot make content adjustments they should just let this one slip.

    People do this multiclass for reflex saves 95%+ of the time, reflex saves are boostable on many characters in many different ways (insightful reflexes,etc), so they either bulk nerf all efforts put into reflex saves and evasion or just fix the insane scaling in content.

    We already go into the direction to any stat to anything, so nerfing this is complete nonsense and a sign of having no vision/direction in for where the game will be.
    This fix is utter nonsense because i will loose +8 to all saves while traps/EE trash have the same DC as before, i call that bs.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    I think this needs to be nerfed more.

  11. #11
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    This fix is utter nonsense because i will loose +8 to all saves while traps/EE trash have the same DC as before, i call that bs.
    News flash!

    It is NOT all about you.

    ps.

    EE trash and traps are still going to be meaningless. You will still run by/bypass as much EE trash as you can and run or jump over the traps, just like you are now and just like how you will after.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    It wasn't severlin who decided that but regardless cordovan wants it to be fixed (nerfed) for no reason at all, and yes i can't approve of it either because it was there for a long time with no one else complaining and now after EE scaling they suddenly deem it too powerful with that much inflanted DC on higher difficulties, i mean really ? i can't honestly understand why someone would do such a thing, i just can't.

    By your reasoning, Turbine should not fix the Cannith Crafting bug. It's been there for a long time, no one else complaining, and does not affect game play. And it's not fair to newer players that have not maxed their crafting skills.

    For reference: Rogue trapmaking parts can no longer be exchanged for Cannith Crafting Essences.

  13. #13
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    News flash!

    It is NOT all about you.

    ps.

    EE trash and traps are still going to be meaningless. You will still run by/bypass as much EE trash as you can and run or jump over the traps, just like you are now and just like how you will after.
    Have you ran EE 3bc ?

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,053

    Default desperation

    calling it a fix is misdirection, comparing it to the former evasion bug is idiotic, one was an obvious bug, another is a properly implemented core rules class feature.

    No really, I want one intelligent argument for this nerf other than its easier than fixing mob stats, just one.

  15. #15
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    This fix is utter nonsense because i will loose +8 to all saves while traps/EE trash have the same DC as before, i call that bs.
    You can call it whatever you want,
    this is not a fix, a patch at most, on a self inflicted wound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    Have you ran EE 3bc ?
    Have you?

    All killer traps are manually evadable.

  16. #16
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Cordovan any news ? severlin himself didn't want it to be fixed so can you explain yourself please ?

  17. #17
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    You can call it whatever you want,
    this is not a fix, a patch at most, on a self inflicted wound.



    Have you?

    All killer traps are manually evadable.
    lol what ? good luck with that.

  18. #18
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    We had evasion in heavy and medium armor for a long time to and it was fixed. It doesn't mean things don't need to be FIXED or changed just because they were a certain way for long time.
    and when they "fixed" it, no one wore Medium or Heavy armor anymore for many years.
    That is just now getting turned around with changes to PRR and increased benefit with heavier armors.


    Having mobs cast spells that require saves in the 70+ range puts most players in a no matter what they do they will fail the save situation.
    Fixing things without offering viable alternatives is a scew the players nerf.

    The Divine Grace via Paladin splash is what made those players able to reach that save threshold and as a result be more survivable.

    If bosses are still casting in the no save threshold unless you are a heavy splash Paladin.. then we will see more heavy splash paladins...
    All this does is screw the rest of the classes and create FOTM builds... apparently this update is the Rise of the Paladins release..
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    384

    Default

    I'm very happy with this change, it was about time.

    I don't think lowering DCs is even needed, almost all EE is too easy already except for some raids

  20. #20
    Community Member Alternative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    The nerf is kinda moot because it only really affects sorcs, a 2 pal splash with dump cha won't lose all that much. Realistic cha on such a character would be 8 base +4/5 tome +8 item/augment +1 exceptional +1 litany +2 insightful +2 ship = 26/27.

    Shiradi sorcs now go int based!

    DC sorcs go pure.

    Who's left to care?

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload