Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default How to fix the issues with Blitz

Lots of people are saying that the new Blitz is now not a destiny but a quest long thing, and everyone agrees that the current one is just way too OP. I have a suggestion to fix this:

Keep the current Blitz mechanism with just 1 difference. when the counter reaches 10, don't renew the stacks. Thus blitz will end once it maxes out. Thus it will still have it's uberness and won't be a quest long thing.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_z View Post
    Lots of people are saying that the new Blitz is now not a destiny but a quest long thing, and everyone agrees that the current one is just way too OP. I have a suggestion to fix this:

Keep the current Blitz mechanism with just 1 difference. when the counter reaches 10, don't renew the stacks. Thus blitz will end once it maxes out. Thus it will still have it's uberness and won't be a quest long thing.

What do you guys think?
    So get 10 kills and Blitz is over yeah the players will love that.

Blitz was already situational a quest long thing and that is staying the same with a different situational criteria to build it up & keep it going.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    So get 10 kills and Blitz is over yeah the players will love that.

Blitz was already situational a quest long thing and that is staying the same with a different situational criteria to build it up & keep it going.
    People will actually love Blitz to be 10 stacks from the start and never end. It's not about loving the ability. It's about fairness and for an epic moment to be for a small moment of time, not for the whole quest.

People will actually love Blitz to be 10 stacks from the start and never end. It's not about loving the ability. It's about fairness and for an epic moment to be for a small moment of time, not for the whole quest.
    Oh ok your OP reads different than that

You want Blitz to last forever with no work involved. /not signed

I think it should start at a 10 count and tick down by 1 every 15 seconds, so that it lasts 2:30, with a 5 min cooldown to reactivate.

Which is still better than most epic moments.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Oh ok your OP reads different than that

You want Blitz to last forever with no work involved. /not signed
    Did you even read what he wrote lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I think it should start at a 10 count and tick down by 1 every 15 seconds, so that it lasts 2:30, with a 5 min cooldown to reactivate.

Which is still better than most epic moments.
    This would also work, and you won't have to build up the charges.

In case my suggestion wasn't clear...this is what happens. You start the blitz (without the 50 charges thing, it will be already ready). Then you start killing stuff, if you can't keep it up for the 15 sec it goes away like how it does now. The only difference is that at 10 stacks, the reloading will stop (it will start loosing stacks as Lonnbeimnech suggested). Thus there will be a period of building the stack then you will gradually loose power. Finally the cooldown will have to be changed. In this way you can have the blitz going on for 6 min. Thus a 10 min timer (this might need more calculations) would be more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    Did you even read what he wrote lol
    yes I did I don't follow well the unclear direction of his posts.

This would also work, and you won't have to build up the charges.

In case my suggestion wasn't clear...this is what happens. You start the blitz (without the 50 charges thing, it will be already ready). Then you start killing stuff, if you can't keep it up for the 15 sec it goes away like how it does now. The only difference is that at 10 stacks, the reloading will stop (it will start loosing stacks as Lonnbeimnech suggested). Thus there will be a period of building the stack then you will gradually loose power. Finally the cooldown will have to be changed. In this way you can have the blitz going on for 6 min. Thus a 10 min timer (this might need more calculations) would be more suitable.
    I guess it would be simpler to just have 1 minute of double damage. Seems strong enough to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I guess it would be simpler to just have 1 minute of double damage. Seems strong enough to me.
    That will be like another damage boost, but that will still work. With the increasing damage, it still forces the player to time his kills which makes it a bit more interesting with a bit more rewards

Thats funny, you are aware that they have already reduced blitz in power by 60% are you not ?

Not signed.

ps. stop making blitz threads it's getting annoying.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    Thats funny, you are aware that they have already reduced blitz in power by 60% are you not ?

Not signed.
    I'm saying that blitz can have it's current max DPS. The only difference is that it will just have a reduced duration instead of reduced DPS, thereby it will become an epic moment instead of an epic eternity.

I'm saying that blitz can have it's current max DPS. The only difference is that it will just have a reduced duration instead of reduced DPS, thereby it will become an epic moment instead of an epic eternity.
    No it can not, check lammania for the latest update.

Community Member

What do you guys think?
    Could still be kept up constantly by just letting it tick down a bit whenever it hits 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Could still be kept up constantly by just letting it tick down a bit whenever it hits 9.
    That's exactly what people would do, only kill 1 mob every 15 seconds to keep it at a 9 stack. Would at least kill those speed records, lol.

Can we just get rid of blitz so people stop spamming the boards with blitz threads?
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Can we just get rid of blitz so people stop spamming the boards with blitz threads?
    You know the opposite effect would be the result right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    ps. stop making blitz threads it's getting annoying.
    Stop whining in every thread then

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    It shows just how many blitzers are there... If only everyone was so consistent on everything including bugs, other destinies. We would have much better DDO today. People only care about themselves and their problems.. ://

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    It shows just how many blitzers are there... If only everyone was so consistent on everything including bugs, other destinies. We would have much better DDO today. People only care about themselves and their problems.. ://
    Yea that is true. Simple way, delete it or change whole moment.
    Like remove all melle power from it, keep the defense boost and add something more fun.
    Since i consider dreadnought to be a offense destiny that should rely on tacticals my idea view would be to keep defense buffs and add some fun stuff.
    First add many more tacticals to game, to make non monks builds able to click on couple more things that arent cleave g cleave and mom swing /lay waste.
    Then cahnge blitz to interact with those, like activate and every time you land a tactical a chance to reset tacticals and a mini chance to get a mini buff to land next tactical with 100% for like 2 minutes.

Whatever is fine, just to remove the perma damage buff, the defense part alone is more then enough imo when they add melle spellpower to destiny/elevels/gear

Point should be to make all destinies equall and the nerf to dreadnought isnt enough when you compare it to sdancer or primal for example

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast