Well, we were promised the Vanguard tree for pretty much a month now, to make matters worse we were give absolutely no information regarding the contents of it. I'm a BIG fan of S&B characters and I'm trying to match my xp progress to U23 release date, I want to Iconic Reincarnate as soon as it goes out.
The Devs said it'll be up in a later build but I wanted to ask, what would you guys like to see in the new Vanguard tree? What are your expectations?
- MRR/PRR changes (assuming they won't be nerfed) are plenty. It's odd for AC to be so meaningless in a D&D-based game but I don't think we need much more defense. Still, I don't want to be forced into Stalwart/Sacred Defender. I would like some defenses in the cores or high-tier abilities, not just low-hanging PRR.
- DPS DPS DPS DPS. But not too much. I played a Swashbuckler for less than a month before I got sick of pwning EE content w/ a first lifer in off-destinies. Now, they're making the most defensive class in the DDO the Kings of DPS. Give S&Bs something good, but make it enjoyable for everyone. I don't want a S&B toon to do more DPS than a Kensei, not even close.
- It's pretty easy to envision S&B toons as "Gladiators" but Kensei Tactics are too expensive, I would like to see S&B with real tactical power and if possible, unique tactics.
- Emergency buttons for when ship tappens. If I'm walking around with a Tower Shield and an Adamantine Body I would like to be able to survive sudden bursts of danger, even if it was on a 10-minute cooldown. In fact, a 10 minute cooldown sounds just right.
What I absolutely don't want to see:
- A tree like Sacred Defender that can't possibly be maxed out even if you spent all your 80 points in there.
- Overpower high-level core abilities that force me to be a Pure Fighter or Pure Paladin.
- A tree that forces me to spend 20+ points in ScD/StD. Those two should be "Good options" and not "Mandatory Must-Haves".
- Broken overpower abilities to make everyone switch to S&B. I swayed from the playstyle because it was "too weak" and I want to go back because it's "just right".
- Immortality. Honestly... I know there are people with 250+ AC and 150+ PRR tanking end game raid bosses, but I don't wanna be one of those. I want to sacrifice *some* DPS for *some more* defense. That's all. I wanna kill things. I wanna contribute in EH.