Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 233
  1. #1
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Videos of Mater's Blitz Round Two - Pure Paladin

    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  2. #2
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    They are private.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  3. #3
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Whoops

    Ok, were good now
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  4. #4
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,288

    Default

    Looks like it wasn't nerfed that hard, or maybe paladin really is OP enough compared to centered kensai that it balanced out, more or less.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,372

    Default Please fix twitching devs

    One of the biggest differences between power and average player knowledge for a melee is twitching. If the game is too easy this would be one thing to remove from the game if it's even possible. I can see this being done in the video and while I have no issues with it, if the people using it are complaining about player power that is one thing to bridge the gap.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  6. #6
    Community Member Pescha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    One of the biggest differences between power and average player knowledge for a melee is twitching. If the game is too easy this would be one thing to remove from the game if it's even possible. I can see this being done in the video and while I have no issues with it, if the people using it are complaining about player power that is one thing to bridge the gap.
    Blitz was nerfed and now you want to take that away too ? not signed.

  7. #7
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pescha View Post
    Blitz was nerfed and now you want to take that away too ? not signed.
    it doesn't look very nerfed in the videos but maybe that's just the synergy with paladin

    I too was worried that the change from last week and this week was again sledgehammer where a surgical knife is needed but it doesn't look horrible a little bump here and there to even out the trees while still leaving blitz as the top mp and I think we're where we need to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  8. #8
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    out of curiosity, why are all or most videos (not necessarily always yours) show how well a build works or to show proof of something in quests with no real DR breaking worries or have a lot of mobs in them like WGU and Breaking the Ranks? it is helpful to see how Blitz or whatever works in quests like that, but why not show a variety of quests that have half as many mobs, fighting undead, quests that have a buffet of mobs where it makes more sense to switch weapons for better dps, the quest has a lot of breaks in between fights, videos with a full group, etc?

  9. #9
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    out of curiosity, why are all or most videos (not necessarily always yours) show how well a build works or to show proof of something in quests with no real DR breaking worries or have a lot of mobs in them like WGU and Breaking the Ranks? it is helpful to see how Blitz or whatever works in quests like that, but why not show a variety of quests that have half as many mobs, fighting undead, quests that have a buffet of mobs where it makes more sense to switch weapons for better dps, the quest has a lot of breaks in between fights, videos with a full group, etc?
    Don't know, if you want other contexts then make some - I tackled the two hardest quests in the game to solo as a demonstration.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  10. #10
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Don't know, if you want other contexts then make some - I tackled the two hardest quests in the game to solo as a demonstration.
    that's a good idea. never done a video before, but ill look into it. be nice to see how things work in a completely different scenario.

  11. #11
    Executive Producer Severlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Loved the videos.

    Sev~

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    moo moo moo moo moo
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    A non masters blitz of wgu would be nice to see the comparison. Nice speedy run though, nicely done.

  13. #13
    Community Member wiliamsane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Czech rep.
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Looks like it wasn't nerfed that hard, or maybe paladin really is OP enough compared to centered kensai that it balanced out, more or less.
    Well... I can see only great synergy between improved paladin , twich skils , glancing blows and blitz on top of that .. which from what i saw might be too strong ... But Blitz alone , without these combined is not so op , imho not even close to op or its former power.

  14. #14
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    I am fan of twitching and the like, but hate the old blitz. Player skill is a good quality to reward, but not at the expense of team play.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    have you compared blitz to divine crusader?
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

  16. #16
    Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    I'm in your head, bro.
    Posts
    829

    Default

    that asf is just brutal. but yet another advantage for robots, can instantly de and reequip docent. smh.

    also your tactics looks really ineffective compared to monksei.
    Last edited by the_one_dwarfforged; 08-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Fighter is fine, though I agree it is behind Paladin. Their greatest weakness is actually saving throws.
    statements like this are why i have no confidence in the dev team.

  17. #17
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_one_dwarfforged View Post
    that asf is just brutal. but yet another advantage for robots, can instantly de and reequip docent. smh.

    also your tactics looks really ineffective compared to monksei.
    Yea, not sure what was going on there - with an 80 strength I still have a 76 DC.

    Either extremely unlucky set of rolls or mobs saves got boosted
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Loved the videos.

    Sev~
    Does this mean that you think twitching is working as intended? It certainly is an odd mechanism so it would be good to know if the dev team considers it WAI or not so that may be included correctly into the balance considerations.

  19. #19
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Does this mean that you think twitching is working as intended? It certainly is an odd mechanism so it would be good to know if the dev team considers it WAI or not so that may be included correctly into the balance considerations.
    Whats wrong with twitching? This is just a word thrown around to describe dynamic combat
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Whats wrong with twitching? This is just a word thrown around to describe dynamic combat
    Nothing is wrong with it although it's arguably a game bug. It allows people that know about it to get bonus damage that is unavailable to the majority of players that don't know about it.

    Wrong? no, but since people are complaining about the game being too easy it makes sense to start with things that add to player power that most players don't even know about

    1) exploits
    2) favorable game bugs
    3) twitching

    I don't know if the devs can even do anything about it so it doesn't matter what the players think - it may not even matter what the devs think if the effort is to great.

    However, perhaps a video to explain how to do it would be useful to the community so everyone understands how to do it if they wish to do it.

    Just in the small amount of testing I did it make a difference and likely haven't optimized it since I primarily play casters. Although I plan to play a melee when U23 is out and will of course use twitching.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload