Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default When crafting epic items or upgrading them to epic will they update version as well

    Hi I just return to the game after like 2 years and i have lots of item epic and rare drops like silver longbow and various named items, I see that many items the stats have changed augment slot have been added so a lot of my waht was great items are not all outdated and pretty much junk and that pretty much Bits the big one. I don't see why I should have to farm up all this items I collected.

    It was bad enough that I have had to spend the better part of month trying to rebuild 25 or so toon on Thelanis alone and another 15 on cannith and now I have replace so many items too and nowadays a million plat is pocket change. When I level to have a mil plat was a lot. now the average toon to regear after updating them has me broke.

    It dont seem fair to have a rare drop item or rare loot drop items and epic items that they made updates to so mine are all junk now.

    Don't they have a way to put them in the stone of change or something to update them like my silver longbow has no augment slot or my copscraft dosent many of great items all got updated and made all mine not so great.

    Also many of my crafted items now are junk now as they updated on their own and now they're all to high leveled to use. Why make the crafted item auto update but not the rare drops end quest items, epic items ands so on the crafted item should have a way to get all your matts Returned.. At first when I came back I was kinda having fun again till I seen they ruined many of my crafted items and mad stuff like my word of shadows obsolete.

    I have 3 year worth of stuff that is all junk now they could have just updated all the items in the game or let u put them in the stone of change to fix them. This has me so mad, I am just about to quit all over again Millions of plat in item reduced to junk! Its not one bit fair. What the heck were they thinking? That about the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game. They should have made new items all together with new names and all

    I tried putting my items in the Altar of Epic Rituals and it fixed a few items augment slot. I just can't say how disappointed to have 3 years worth a stuff trashed out by there stupid update. It a shame so many items I was proud to have had aND NOW ALL WORTHLESS!! :-(

    This is just not fair or right at all

  2. #2
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,293

    Default

    The epic item plus some Siberys dragon shards on the epic altar will upgrade an epic item to the new version, so that it can take the new augments.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    The epic item plus some Siberys dragon shards on the epic altar will upgrade an epic item to the new version, so that it can take the new augments.

    That must only work once u make them epic I have lots of items that I have not made epic yet that are missing stats augment slots I tried to do that cleansing ritual that u are talking about and it did not do a thing

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Rats, until you posted, I didn't even realize that I had to go get a new Silver Longbow. Poo.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BDog77 View Post
    Rats, until you posted, I didn't even realize that I had to go get a new Silver Longbow. Poo.
    Al the named items have to be replaced that really stinks to say the least. What I tha heck were they thinking. I dont get why the crafted item updated on their own making them mostly useless and the named items all have to farmed up all over again making year of collecting worthless.

    Did they ever answer for the stupid move or just say to bad so sad I think thats it for me I wanted to come back to rebuild me guild but I am really disgusted I have over a hundred named items and epic items and countless rare drops that are all a mess do they have any intention to address this problem?

    How long ago did they do this act of stupidity this stuff is going got damn near impossible to replace this is something they have to fix did anyone even bother to complain?

    I replace my silver longbow yesterday but that is a drop in the bucket.

    Simple answer is to make the items repair in the stone of change or the epic altar of ritual or whatever alter that upgrades them. Many epic items are nice to level with too so just fixing them when u make them epic is not good enough. The cleansing ritual should repair the items even if your not making them epic

  6. #6
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imblo99 View Post
    Al the named items have to be replaced that really stinks to say the least. What I tha heck were they thinking. I dont get why the crafted item updated on their own making them mostly useless and the named items all have to farmed up all over again making year of collecting worthless.

    Did they ever answer for the stupid move or just say to bad so sad I think thats it for me I wanted to come back to rebuild me guild but I am really disgusted I have over a hundred named items and epic items and countless rare drops that are all a mess do they have any intention to address this problem?

    How long ago did they do this act of stupidity this stuff is going got damn near impossible to replace this is something they have to fix did anyone even bother to complain?

    I replace my silver longbow yesterday but that is a drop in the bucket.

    Simple answer is to make the items repair in the stone of change or the epic altar of ritual or whatever alter that upgrades them. Many epic items are nice to level with too so just fixing them when u make them epic is not good enough. The cleansing ritual should repair the items even if your not making them epic
    They explictly stated they wanted people to go out and re-farm everything after they changed to the heroic augment slot system (that's when the stats changed on pretty much all of your gear). I think it was back in early 2013. It was around update 17 or 18.

    As for what they were thinking...they wanted to push augments, but there were no heroic items with augment slots. Their options were to make Cannith Crafting worthwhile, or update old heroic named loot. My suspicion is that if they'd updated Cannith Crafting there would have been a very real risk of it competing with augment sales. Whatever the actual reason, named loot won. So, they went through the older content and did a systematic rebalance-with-augment-slots.

    The crafted/lootgen stuff changing ML: that was all part of Feather of Sun's grand plan to break (err, unify) loot. However, he wandered off to his next employer before he finished it and we still have the same broken lootgen tables now. I think Feather moved on to a FPS. I bet he's littering their loot tables with My Little Pony references even as I type this.

    People complained. They ignored it. We've all had two years to get used to it.
    Last edited by eachna_gislin; 09-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    587

    Default

    *dup post*
    Last edited by eachna_gislin; 09-06-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload