Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Evennote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    489

    Arrow Even Now: Players Helping Players

    I've added a new section to Even Now. It's called Players Helping Players, and it's designed to help new and casual players get help with questions and DDO basics.

    The new section includes, but won't be limited to, dates and times for ingame Q&A sessions, an "Ask Even" feature where you can ask (anonymously, if you want) basic DDO questions, and an upcoming DDO 101 page that will include short how-to articles, quest guides, etc.

    It's designed to complement the official DDO forums and DDO Wiki, and its aim is to help new players get started and want to stick around.

    You can check it out here!
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

    Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

    Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

  2. #2
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,850

    Default

    Very cool, thanks for doing this!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  3. #3
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,525

    Default

    Cool! I hope you get plenty of traffic for it. Post about it in the various server forums, free forums, and new players sections

  4. #4
    Guardian
    Hero
    Gabrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    255

    Default

    gotta love this kind of noob help

    I myself have a similar-oriented project. I created on the Orien Server abunch of toon I parked at various level, to always have a toon on the ready to help anyone no matter their level. when bored I look the lfg for low level quest LFG asking for help. or better yet, when I glean a chat post about someone being a noob and askking basic stuff, usually I get on mah low lvl toon, show him around, find basic gear or gifts if I got the pp laying around.

    I made artificers lvl 1 (snowy Khortos), lvl 4, lvl 8, lvl 12, lvl 16, lvl 20, and lvl 24. being able to disarm most traps, good DPS, find secret doors, emergency heal. perfect for backing someone in quest.

    I'm looking forward to reading the stuff that's gonna be posted on the Even now
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Please keep this up! good stuff

    I'm actually surprised that someone is doing this! something like this will change the game experience dramatically.

    Good luck

  6. #6
    2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Let me know how I can help out and get involved!

    Astreya the Unturning

    It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

  7. #7
    OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Evennote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Thanks for the support!

    Right now the best way to help out and get involved is to spread the word! I remember when I was new and had a question or problem, finding an answer was often frustrating. I'm hoping that having the blog, E-mail, and Q&A sessions, it'll be at least a little easier for people to get help when they need it. BTW, I'm planning to start the Q&A sessions next week, scattered across various times and servers to try to accommodate as many people as possible.

    Also, I'd love suggestions for topics! I have a few posts saved as drafts, but if there's something you want to see covered, I'll be happy to do so.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

    Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

    Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evennote View Post
    I've added a new section to Even Now. It's called Players Helping Players, and it's designed to help new and casual players get help with questions and DDO basics.

    The new section includes, but won't be limited to, dates and times for ingame Q&A sessions, an "Ask Even" feature where you can ask (anonymously, if you want) basic DDO questions, and an upcoming DDO 101 page that will include short how-to articles, quest guides, etc.

    It's designed to complement the official DDO forums and DDO Wiki, and its aim is to help new players get started and want to stick around.

    You can check it out here!
    Great idea! If I'm able to help with your efforts over on Ghallanda, I'll do so.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Twilight
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    gotta love this kind of noob help

    I myself have a similar-oriented project. I created on the Orien Server abunch of toon I parked at various level, to always have a toon on the ready to help anyone no matter their level. when bored I look the lfg for low level quest LFG asking for help. or better yet, when I glean a chat post about someone being a noob and askking basic stuff, usually I get on mah low lvl toon, show him around, find basic gear or gifts if I got the pp laying around.

    I made artificers lvl 1 (snowy Khortos), lvl 4, lvl 8, lvl 12, lvl 16, lvl 20, and lvl 24. being able to disarm most traps, good DPS, find secret doors, emergency heal. perfect for backing someone in quest.

    I'm looking forward to reading the stuff that's gonna be posted on the Even now
    You are very kind!

    To Op--that is a nice idea since a lot of stuff gets lost on the regular forums amidst all the EE, DPS and end game obsession.
    The Thug: sustained DPS Int-based non-assassinating assassin
    The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club
    -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!



  10. #10
    DDO Central The_Human_Cypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Very cool, thanks for doing this!
    All of these website resources like the DDOWiki, the Wordpress sites, and the Youtube videos should be compiled in one place like an official DDO blog to compliment www.ddo.com.

  11. #11
    OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Evennote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    All of these website resources like the DDOWiki, the Wordpress sites, and the Youtube videos should be compiled in one place like an official DDO blog to compliment www.ddo.com.
    The WordPress and other blogger sites are already in one place - that's what OurDDO is.

    Having one place for all the YouTube videos, and maybe also all the people who do live streams, is something I can try to implement in there somewhere, along with Twitter feeds from DDO users. No promises on a timeframe; real life has this nasty habit of cutting into my DDO time! LOL
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

    Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

    Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload