Default Are epic past lives only active during epic levels, or also during heroic?

Question in the title. I read the wiki, but either I didn't see the answer, or didn't understand it. Are Epic past lives always active if you start a new life from level 1, or do they work similar to Epic Destinies, where they only start working during epic levels?

passive epic and iconic past life feats are active from level 1
    Active epic and iconic past life feats are found in the feat list and need to be dragged to the hot bar and activated, they work at level 1.

Wow....ok, so that changes all kinds of things for my planned build. Ha! Thanks, that clears up alot!

Community Member

Yes most of the confusion about this comes in the fact that there are Epic Destiny feats such as "Blinding Speed", "Hell Ball", etc... that you can take during epic levels in a very similar fashion to the general feats that you can take while leveling up. These are not granted as past life feats, but all of the epic past life feats (both passive and active) are usable starting at level 1. A list of them can be found here:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Past_Life_Feats

Rather than make a new thread, I'll ask more questions here about iconic/epic TR.

I've done quite a few heroic TRs in the past. I've got my leveling through heroic content pretty well figured out. But I've never spent much time in epic content. Many quests I've never even run, and I have never reached level cap. So my question is: What's the best way to reach level cap and farm an iconic/epic heart for those better past life feats?

Community Member

A huge chunk of epic content is just the same heroic dungeon with increased enemy difficulty. MoTU quests are an exception.

If you're not obsessed with your streak, then running through EN quests will level you fastest. Someone put up an analysis solo here. However, many people are concerned with streaks and you may have better luck filling groups with EH. Many quests are faster in a group due to being able to split up to handle objectives, e.g., Wizard King.

If you run EN/EH, you will likely be short of Commendations for your heart at cap. At that point, running any quest not on XP ransack will give you two heart seeds in the end reward list. Again, you can quickly run any quest on EN to get these seeds.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

That's exactly the kind of info I was after. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffgar View Post
    Rather than make a new thread, I'll ask more questions here about iconic/epic TR.

I've done quite a few heroic TRs in the past. I've got my leveling through heroic content pretty well figured out. But I've never spent much time in epic content. Many quests I've never even run, and I have never reached level cap. So my question is: What's the best way to reach level cap and farm an iconic/epic heart for those better past life feats?
    Why in the world would you rush to level cap and "farm" for a heart... the FIRST time through epic levels?

It's your one and only chance to step into these quests for the first time... Take it slow and ENJOY the quests... After you reach cap, you can farm, farm, farm your next lives till your eyes bleed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why in the world would you rush to level cap and "farm" for a heart... the FIRST time through epic levels?

It's your one and only chance to step into these quests for the first time... Take it slow and ENJOY the quests... After you reach cap, you can farm, farm, farm your next lives till your eyes bleed.
    Hey let this man enjoy the game the way HE wants to enjoy it.
    Officer of Renowned