Default Chronoscope redux

While waiting for a gm to come help on a bugged chronoscope* here are the things I think need to be sorted out if it ever gets a redux. I'll point out it was my first raid ever and I love it to bits even though it lost a lot of it's luster once menace came about.

The way to get conquest is a bit ******** but doable.
    The way to get ranshack is doubly ******** and expensive. Add some more hidden barrels!
    Add something to the 'exploded' version of the tent for the 'oh look' factor. Doesn't have to be a monster or xp or an item. A something.
    If you re-enter the portal from the steam tunnels you get teleported to 'dead' and entrance of quest.
    Heroic gem of many facets needs to be turned into minimum level 1 or changed to work with sora kell, secrets of the artificers etc. I prefer solution 1 for a tr trinket for levels 1 to 3.
    Epic gem of many facets needs to combo out with all the sets, be it deeps item, secrets of the artificers items, commendation sets etc.
    Falling off the chronoscope and into the void should be more awesome than 'your stone teleports to the entrance'.

* - it's a sunday so it's not going to happen. For refernce, veher bugged and wouldn't talk to anyone to complete the quest. He either got bored waiting for us to farm conquest or the devil that somehow teleported into the shielded area scared him speechless.
    OkarisRage, artificer afraid of the reaper
    Caldrick, hp tank wannabe - Noellal, in etr hell
    Tagthor, testing fiery bard
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    The way to get conquest is a bit ******** but doable.
    Just farming respawns for a long time, I'm guessing? I've never bothered.

The way to get ranshack is doubly ******** and expensive.
    I'm curious. What are you referring to here? Don't think I've ever seen above Vandal.

have been running this for the Gem; would be nice if it had more uses. There are builds still that use the set's evocation bonus for magic missile. Also, the eClaw set with the Gem allows one to keep the handy Sun Soul set (and also get the +4 damage without needing Planar focus).

It never occurred to me to run it for xp. A quick solo run on normal is also an easy way to get a Greater Token
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Most needed change to Chronoscope is a Loot Upgrade:

Heroics:

Battered Marketplace Shield
    Add a way to get the Cosmetic for this IN-GAME!

Boots of Corrosion
    Add a Yellow Augment.

Charged Gauntlets
    Upgrade to Str 4.

Diabolist's Robe
    The Docent's Min Lvl 2 - This should be too!
    Either that or Upgrade this and the Docent to Min Lvl 5 and give BOTH Int 4 and a Blue Augment!

Envenomed Cloak
    Change Proof Against Poison +4 to Stacking Fort Save +2

Goggles of Time Sensing
    Upgrade to Wis 4

Staff of Nat Gann
    Add 1.5 Wpn.

Timeblade
    Add 1.5 Wpn and Silver.

Gem of Many Facets
    Make this NO MIN LVL!

Hellfire X-Bow
    Add 1.5 Wpn and Cold Iron.

Hellstroke G-Axe
    Simply doesn't compare to Carnifex or Antique!
    Add 1.5 Wpn.

Helm of Frost
    Upgrade to Cha 4
    and change the Frost Lance to Ice Storm.

Infested Armour
    Remove the Light Fort and add a Blue Augment.

Scorched Bracers
    Upgrade to Armour Bonus +5
    And add a Yellow Augment.

Epic:

I'll leave the Epic Upgrade Suggestions to others.
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 08-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

Heroics:

Done: Mirror of Glamering
    Well, close, the current version only talks about armor an helmets, but we can hope shields will follow.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Done: Mirror of Glamering
    Well, close, the current version only talks about armor an helmets, but we can hope shields will follow.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    You'd still have to get the cosmetic for the Marketplace, Phiarlan and Lordsmarch Shields off the store as inserting the base shields would just get you a cosmetic wooden shield!

Heroics:

Boots of Corrosion
    Add a Yellow Augment.

Charged Gauntlets
    Upgrade to Str 4.

Diabolist's Robe
    The Docent's Min Lvl 2 - This should be too!

Either that or Upgrade this and the Docent to Min Lvl 5 and give BOTH Int 4 and a Blue Augment!

Envenomed Cloak
    Change Proof Against Poison +4 to Stacking Fort Save +2

Goggles of Time Sensing
    Upgrade to Wis 4

Staff of Nat Gann
    Add 1.5 Wpn.

Timeblade
    Add 1.5 Wpn and Silver.

Gem of Many Facets
    Make this NO MIN LVL!

Hellfire X-Bow
    Add 1.5 Wpn and Cold Iron.

Hellstroke G-Axe
    Simply doesn't compare to Carnifex or Antique!
    Add 1.5 Wpn.

Helm of Frost
    Upgrade to Cha 4
    and change the Frost Lance to Ice Storm.

Infested Armour
    Remove the Light Fort and add a Blue Augment.

Scorched Bracers
    Upgrade to Armour Bonus +5
    And add a Yellow Augment.

Epic:

I'll leave the Epic Upgrade Suggestions to others.
    Nice suggestions!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Nice suggestions!
    I'm not sure if the Infested Armour has already been upgraded to Battle Plate level but if not that needs to be done too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    There are builds still that use the set's evocation bonus for magic missile.
    O.o? To what benefit? Seems like a steep slot-cost for +1/+3 (Heroic/Epic) Spell Pen...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-24-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    O.o? To what benefit? Seems like a steep slot-cost for +1/+3 (Heroic/Epic) Spell Pen...
    You probably misread what the set bonus is PermaBanned. It doesn't give spell penetration, it increases the spell level aka more damage

Charged Gauntlets
    Upgrade to Str 4.

Would be a nice upgrade, although the gauntlets as is are still not bad...small secret.... LitII procs on GS weapons were nerfed long ago, they proc much less than once upon a time;

Gauntlets somehow escaped the nerf - they still proc A LOT.
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

You probably misread what the set bonus is PermaBanned. It doesn't give spell penetration, it increases the spell level aka more damage
    No, it increases the Caster level - on which the Missile spells have a cap. A Caster level 9 Magic Missile does the same damage as a Caster level 28 Magic Missile (barring things like higher level Impulse items & character enhancements - just talking the Spell's Caster Level). The only functional benefit of increasing Caster level on Missile spells is increased Spell pen... Unless your talking about a Multiclass with less than 9 levels of Wiz/Sorc, but then why would you be using MM for damage?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.

The two shiradi mm builds 17 fs/2 mk/1 wizard or the 12/6/2 fs/wz/mk

And magic missile isn't affected by spell resistance anyway

Lol yup, I remembered the no save, but could've sworn it was subject to SR - I stand corrected. I still think it's an incredible waste to devote 3 item slots (except perhaps during a short window of lower Epic levels) to get 1-2 extra Missiles (pending if it's the 1 Wiz or 6 Wiz variant) considering the other gearing options out there... But to each their own - thanks for assuaging my curiosity and enjoy
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-24-2014 at 06:50 PM.

No, it increases the Caster level - on which the Missile spells have a cap. A Caster level 9 Magic Missile does the same damage as a Caster level 28 Magic Missile (barring things like higher level Impulse items & character enhancements - just talking the Spell's Caster Level). The only functional benefit of increasing Caster level on Missile spells is increased Spell pen... Unless your talking about a Multiclass with less than 9 levels of Wiz/Sorc, but then why would you be using MM for damage?

As above--am on iphone but check Stingingbee's Yeela.

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Would be a nice upgrade, although the gauntlets as is are still not bad...small secret.... LitII procs on GS weapons were nerfed long ago, they proc much less than once upon a time;

Gauntlets somehow escaped the nerf - they still proc A LOT.
    You're right - The Gauntlets as is aren't bad - However: The +2 Str is weak even when you first get them and becomes a waste after a couple of levels {whereas the Gauntlets themselves could conceivably still be a benefit at Lvl 28 what with hardly anything else giving that proc!}.

Yes +4 Str would also soon get surpassed by other loot but not swapping in those +6 Str Gloves for the Charged Gauntlets becomes slightly less onerous than losing that extra 4 str currently is!

Remember +6 Str is available as early as Lvl 9 with Masterful Craftmanship {Lvl 7 if you can find a pair of Cursed and Masterful Gloves!}.

+4 Str is available as early as Lvl 5 with Masterful - Gauntlets are Min Lvl 5 and only +2!

The allure of Named Loot is that you get more bang for your buck NOT less!

And yes that Proc is superb BUT you're still forced to use up a second slot for Str - Basically nullifying the Str on them!

Heck they could drop the +2 Str and swap in a Colourless Augment Slot but then no-one would ever take them off! {Well maybe to swap in a new set every 4 levels!}.

P.S. I know someone's going to state that I'm asking for Power Creep BUT IF the Gauntlets had NO Str on them whatsoever I'd not be complaining!
    The fact is that no-one likes having 2 items that do the same thing and the +2 str either needs to be buffed to a more reasonable number OR taken off them entirely {replace it with something small that isn't available elsewhere like perhaps...Exceptional Seeker I}.

For Epic Charged Gauntlets - Change to:
    Superior Lightning Res
    Elec Absorb 25%
    Greater Shocking Blow
    Exceptional Seeker II
    Yellow Augment Slot {Str +6 Slotted}.

Lol yup, I remembered the no save, but could've sworn it was subject to SR - I stand corrected. I still think it's an incredible waste to devote 3 item slots (except perhaps during a short window of lower Epic levels) to get 1-2 extra Missiles (pending if it's the 1 Wiz or 6 Wiz variant) considering the other gearing options out there... But to each their own - thanks for assuaging my curiosity and enjoy
    Unless your some Shiradi build that depends on the maximum number of missiles to proc random effects.