Community Member

Default Confused about my Action Points

Hey everyone!

Just earlier today I was looking at my lvl 5 Rogue Enhancements Tree and I decided I wanted to reset it and have some new skills.
    Basically, I did so and started distributing my Action Points, which supposedly were 17. Now, when I was done, I pressed Accept and apparently I could keep distributing more points, which was also when I noticed that it didnt say "17 spent". So I kept on doing it, until I had to accept again (because supposedly, I had distributed all of my points already), so after I accepted, I could once again keep distributing points and I still had no "17 Spent". So I decided on keeping distributing them. So now I had max'd out some skills and even had new ones and ran out of points. I wasn't happy with one I had so I had to reset it once more, but this time, I couldnt spend as much points as I did last time. I still had 17 to spend, but I wasnt able to get the same abilities I got before I resetted. Then I counted the Action Points I had spent before I resetted, and it was around 25 Action Points, when I only had 17. So basically, I got really bothered at this, because if I hadn't resetted the tree the last time, I would have some of my skills max'd out and some new ones, which apparently were more than I was supposed to have. So now I have the same skills I had before I resetted my tree the very first time.

It's really bugging me, I'd like to know if there is a reason for this to happen.

Thank you,
    - Nervly

Community Member

I'm not sure exactly what might be happening without looking at your enhancement sheet, but you can't lose action points or overspend them. I believe if I'm not mistaken, when you "reset action points" you reset for just one specific tree. So if you placed action points in the assassin tree and some in your racial tree, then reset your assassin tree, only the points spent in that tree would be refunded to you.

The easiest way to check this is just to reset every tree you have and reclaim all of your action points and start over. Grab whichever abilities you want and you should be good to go. Don't worry, you can't really screw up your action points because you can always choose to reset them for platinum (you can't lose action points).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nervly View Post
    Hey everyone!

Just earlier today I was looking at my lvl 5 Rogue Enhancements Tree and I decided I wanted to reset it and have some new skills.
    Basically, I did so and started distributing my Action Points, which supposedly were 17. Now, when I was done, I pressed Accept and apparently I could keep distributing more points, which was also when I noticed that it didnt say "17 spent". So I kept on doing it, until I had to accept again (because supposedly, I had distributed all of my points already), so after I accepted, I could once again keep distributing points and I still had no "17 Spent". So I decided on keeping distributing them. So now I had max'd out some skills and even had new ones and ran out of points. I wasn't happy with one I had so I had to reset it once more, but this time, I couldnt spend as much points as I did last time. I still had 17 to spend, but I wasnt able to get the same abilities I got before I resetted. Then I counted the Action Points I had spent before I resetted, and it was around 25 Action Points, when I only had 17. So basically, I got really bothered at this, because if I hadn't resetted the tree the last time, I would have some of my skills max'd out and some new ones, which apparently were more than I was supposed to have. So now I have the same skills I had before I resetted my tree the very first time.

It's really bugging me, I'd like to know if there is a reason for this to happen.

Thank you,
    - Nervly
    At level 5, you should only have 16 action points, plus any you've accumulated on the way to level 6. I'm assuming you have one bubble filled if you have 17.

What probably happened is that your enhancements bugged. It happens to me sometimes. And when you placed your action points and clicked accept, they didn't all "stick" so they went back into your pool.

This is known bug. It sometimes happen when you put more points. It is connected to network issues - some lost packets on the wire, UI fails to reflect this situation.

If you can see extra points to spend, stop using them ,close window and open it again. You should now able to see the actual state of spent points.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)