Default Docents not Adding MRR/PRR

I have 175 PRR and only 84 MRR on my Bladeforged.
    I have the Adamantium body feat.
    I have the Shadowscale docent with Shadow Guardian
    Removing the docent does not effect either my PRR or MRR
    Equiping other docents does not effect MRR/PRR
    Removing my Tower Shield does lower PRR (by lots) and MRR by 15

Communion of Warding (Bladeforged Racial Enhancement) gives 4/8/12 PRR should give MRR as well maybe?
    Unyielding Sentinel Legendary Shield Mastery gives 5/10/15 PRR no MRR
    Divine Crusader Heavenly Presence gives 10 PRR no MRR

Kambuk

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

My guess is that the WF body feats affect MRR/PRR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Looks like it's the body feat, having a docent makes no difference.

Kambuk

Yes, the MRR/PRR for Warforged is added when selecting a body feat, not through equipping a docent.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, the MRR/PRR for Warforged is added when selecting a body feat, not through equipping a docent.
    The body feats still have not been updated to match armor in terms of max dex/dodge bonus.

Thunder forge light armor max dex/dodge= 19, Mithral body= 5.

That's horrible.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Founder

Can anyone calculate and make sure they are getting the same as an armor wearer and not less (since they didn't used to get the +6 in the formula)?

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    The body feats still have not been updated to match armor in terms of max dex/dodge bonus.

That's horrible.
    Agreed - I have been beating this drum for a while now-

Mithral Body (evasion) WF tanks (and most other builds) are in MAJOR need of some love... can't use large shields with evasion, they have very very low max DEX/Dodge....

Mirthal Body has the AC of light armor and the Max Dex/Dodge of Medium armor + need a feat! This is wrong!

Mirthal Body should have the AC of Medium and Dex/Dodge of Light since it costs a feat!

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

yep. I would say now is a good time to fix something and make sure its properly working that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Can anyone calculate and make sure they are getting the same as an armor wearer and not less (since they didn't used to get the +6 in the formula)?
    Adamantine Body test:

At Level 1 Paladin with the Initiate's Docent I have 46 PRR and 45 MRR.

At Level 4 Paladin with the Starter Docent (+2 Docent) I have 49 PRR and 45 MRR.

It looks like Warforged get 45 + BAB PRR and 45 MRR for Adamantine Body.

Note: It seems at L1 you need a Docent to provide the PRR/MRR, but at L4 the PRR/MRR is automatically applied without a Docent.

-----------------------
    Mithral Body Test:

At Level 1 Paladin (Warforged) with the Initiate's Docent I have 16 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 2 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 16 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 3 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 17 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 4 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 17 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 5 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 18 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 6 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 18 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 7 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 19 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 8 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 19 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 9 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 20 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 10 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 20 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 11 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 21 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 12 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 21 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 13 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 22 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 14 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 22 PRR and 15 MRR.
    At Level 15 Paladin (Bladeforged) without a Docent I have 23 PRR and 15 MRR.

It looks like Warforged get 15 + BAB/2 rounded up PRR and 15 MRR for Mithral Body.
    Last edited by Alavatar; 08-22-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Capped Human Druid in heavy armor 146 PPR 85 MMR

It looks like PPR # > MMR # ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Capped Human Druid in heavy armor 146 PPR 85 MMR

It looks like PPR # > MMR # ?
    Not all sources of PRR give MRR, namely not pdk/divine past lives. Devs forgot not all cloth wearers have evasion (pure wiz/sorc)

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post

That's horrible.
    Mithril Fludity needs to add a (Your MDB is increased to 8+the enchantment value of your docent) [note, that's +19 with a Thunder Forged].

Improved Adamantine needs to up the MDB as well, perhaps equal to 1+half the enchantment bonus [since overall, addy body docents are far worse than full armors, not even taking account selection, so a bit of a dex-ac boost wouldn't hurt]. That consideration aside, it DEFINITELY needs to dramatically up the DR bonus, same as barb-related DR amps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    At what point do the devs finally remove the feat tax warforge / bladeforge have? If you want a body feat to use armors similar to fleshies you have to use up a feat slot while fleshies get it just by equipping the armor.

This was fine when warforge had a ton of immunities but now they are immune to very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    At what point do the devs finally remove the feat tax warforge / bladeforge have? If you want a body feat to use armors similar to fleshies you have to use up a feat slot while fleshies get it just by equipping the armor.

This was fine when warforge had a ton of immunities but now they are immune to very little.
    As a person who plays Warforged/Bladeforged almost exclusively, to me the immunity to Negative Levels, immunity to Petrification, and immunity to Hold Person/Monster make up for the feat tax.

Note: The Warforged/Bladeforged body feats also convey proficiency, which is required to get the PRR, unlike fleshies who have to spend a feat and/or multiclass to gain proficiency.

To me, the only thing that needs to change is the Max Dex of the Body feats. The quickest and easiest way I can think of to facilitate a faux increase to Max Dex is to have the feats automatically grant Mithral Fluidity at specific levels depending on the Body feat selected, similar to how Heroic Durability applies Improved Heroic Durability at specific levels.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default WF Body Feats need love - lots of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post

The quickest and easiest way I can think of to facilitate a faux increase to Max Dex is to have the feats automatically grant Mithral Fluidity at specific levels depending on the Body feat selected, similar to how Heroic Durability applies Improved Heroic Durability at specific levels.
    Agreed - this is a good start...

Take a look at Epic White Dragon Scale....

Light Armor (Dragonhide): 17 armor 19 Max Dex
    Docent - Mithral body : 13 armor 5 Max Dex

Does that make any sense?

The Medium armor : 26 armor and 8 Max Dex
    Docent - Adamantine body : 25 armor and 1 Max Dex

Does that make any sense?

Heavy armor - Plate - is so far a head at 32 armor and 2 Max Dex...

Why would anyone try making a WF tank ?

These race has gotten nerfed so bad over the last few years it is laughable...

Fixing AC/Max Dex for WF body feats would be a great step forward.

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

Default Just hope the MRR/PRR isn't weakend like our body feats

I have no problems with taking a feat for the armor, I hate how weak the armor is. The fact that the skill penalty and dex max doesn't scale well with comparable armors, even docents that are the same as the armor, really hurts warforged/bladeforged characters. You have to spend a lot of ap and twists to try to make it even close to the fleshies. Really hope our MRR/PRR since it will be tied into the body feat isn't as bad. If we start out comparable and then by level 10 or so are back to being last place, that will hurt any character who tries to run it. Heck I believe the Mithral body feat is still bugged and giving you an extra minus one to your skill penalty after all this time(yes I know some penalties are doubled with armor, I took that into account and even did a bug report a while back). Devs please have this new property scaling more consistent with the fleshies as otherwise it is really handicapping any construct character.

i agree, the max dex on the body feats is horrendous
    it needs to either grow with level (without costing us even more enhancements) or needs an entire overhaul