Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

Community Manager

Default DDO Bonus Days!

DDO Bonus Days bring you +25% Heroic XP, now through August 24th!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Splendid!
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [17] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Woot I just TR'd
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Woot I just TR'd
    Heh. I just hit level 20 again. Ah well. Good luck to those that can make use of it

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Last edited by RedOrm; 08-21-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Really? *** is wrong with the marketing team over there Cordovan? For years we've been telling you all to NOT do this kind of thing when you drop a new update over on lamma land. You want / need us to go over there and test things out, give you feedback, etc (basically do the QA's job since they obviously have some serious issues with competency) and yet you almost ALWAYS drop a bonus XP type event over on live at the exact same time.

In case the staff have yet to talk to each other and make the connection, I'll put this in really easy to understand terms: this is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by domnslave View Post
    Really? *** is wrong with the marketing team over there Cordovan? For years we've been telling you all to NOT do this kind of thing when you drop a new update over on lamma land. You want / need us to go over there and test things out, give you feedback, etc (basically do the QA's job since they obviously have some serious issues with competency) and yet you almost ALWAYS drop a bonus XP type event over on live at the exact same time.

In case the staff have yet to talk to each other and make the connection, I'll put this in really easy to understand terms: this is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.
    Stay calm and nerd on.

Thanks for the bonus days!
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Is that bonus to all sources of heroic xp or just to the base of quest xp? The wording indicate the former but I assume the latter. Most noteably does it apply to saga and xp stone xp?

Default IS it truly turned on?

IS it truly turned on?

I just used a 2 million xp stone from box. By everything I counted I should have gotten 3,900,000 xp but onyly got 3,400,000.

Breakdown for me:

1,000,000 Soverign pot
    500,000 +25% weekend
    200,000 vip
    100,000 Master gift
    100,000 Ship 5% shrine

I had all these active when i used and it seems the only thing I did not get was the +25% fir this weekend.

Was trying to not run a bard life.
    Always haggle venders - Anicheap Copperpincher
    Anigiant the Halfling
    Most dangerous enemy tactic ... Lag Death
    Beyond Good and Evil - Sarlona

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

For once I timed it just right. Unfortunately my timing was meant for Lammania as I just IR'd into a paladin last night.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

How how about those of us that don't play lama land besides your not really testing anything there your previewingmit

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Mystic View Post
    IS it truly turned on?

I just used a 2 million xp stone from box. By everything I counted I should have gotten 3,900,000 xp but onyly got 3,400,000.

Breakdown for me:

1,000,000 Soverign pot
    500,000 +25% weekend
    200,000 vip
    100,000 Master gift
    100,000 Ship 5% shrine

I had all these active when i used and it seems the only thing I did not get was the +25% fir this weekend.

Was trying to not run a bard life.

As far as I know the xp bonuses for weekends don't work with stones I seem to remember a dev stating that

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Really? *** is wrong with ...
    /Hands a Benadryl for that uncomfortable itch.

As I said last week, there will always be someone for whom any particular bonus week is a great inconvenience.

Relax and wait for the next wave to roll in.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    As far as I know the xp bonuses for weekends don't work with stones I seem to remember a dev stating that
    If you can find the post I would aprreciate it. I know it did in the past and had I known it no longer did I would not have used it till I had 700-800k xp.

NOTE: this was the in game response I received

"The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue."
    Anigiant the Halfling

"The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue."
    Loosely translated means, "I don't know if that was supposed to work that way or not. I have filed it for someone else to look at."
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

I thought Lama land is open for specific short periods of time?

If I am wrong...DOOOO00OO0MMMM!!!!1!

(Please note the ... please)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

If you can find the post I would aprreciate it. I know it did in the past and had I known it no longer did I would not have used it till I had 700-800k xp.

Weekend bonuses have never affected xp stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Weekend bonuses have never affected xp stones.
    I thought it had applied once before. I could be wrong. The information given when the box is released does say "The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone." So it sounds like it should, but again I could be wrong.

That information gathered at https://www.ddo.com/en/ottosbox
    Anigiant the Halfling

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I thought it had applied once before. I could be wrong. The information given when the box is released does say "The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone." So it sounds like it should, but again I could be wrong.

That information gathered at https://www.ddo.com/en/ottosbox
    I did a quick search and every post I could find since the boxes were introduced said weekend bonuses don't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I did a quick search and every post I could find since the boxes were introduced said weekend bonuses don't apply.
    Ok thank you. I think they need to add that to the description next time they go on sell. To me the XP weekend are an aquired limited time boost. I also did some checking but could not find any where a Dev confirmed nor denied it, though I do now believe it does not work and is intended that way. Oh well Bards are fun but the past life is not very useful which is why I just wanted to skip it and go to my Sorc life

Thank You for the research you did as well.

Just an update: It was confirmed to me in a private message with these exact words "Yes, XP weekends do not apply to Stones of Experience. "
    Last edited by Death_Mystic; 08-21-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    Anigiant the Halfling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast