Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 91
  1. #1
    Lead Developer PurpleFooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Update 23 Story Preview (w/ Vol Concept Art!)

    Greetings! We're hard at work getting Update 23 ready, and wanted to take a minute to give you a sneak peek at a bit of the story line you'll encounter when entering the Epic Orchard of the Macabre...

    As you may know, we're bringing a new story to the Orchard that touches on the events you've experienced in the Heroic version of this area, but also expands that story to include a famous resident of Eberron: Lady Vol! Here is a bit of concept art put together as we began work on Update 23, to give you some idea of who you'll be dealing with in the new raid:



    Years after the Black Abbot’s defeat, the Emerald Claw have returned to the Orchard of the Macabre. They arrived with large number of cultists and priests of the Blood of Vol. Many of the Black Abbot’s minions are also returning to the Orchard, and this time, they seem to be working together with the Emerald Claw. Though the Silver Flame are alarmed by these events, their attention is divided by an outbreak of lycanthropy in the area.

    At the Temple of Vol, the High Priest taunts to the players that all is going according to Vol’s plan, and that they were merely pawns when they defeated the Abbot before...


    We look forward to you seeing more of Vol and the Epic Orchard of the Macabre. We'll be previewing this new content in the coming weeks on Lamannia, and would love to read your feedback about it on the Lamannia forums. Thanks!
    - PurpleFooz

  2. #2
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Greetings! We're hard at work getting Update 23 ready, and wanted to take a minute to give you a sneak peek at a bit of the story line you'll encounter when entering the Epic Orchard of the Macabre...

    As you may know, we're bringing a new story to the Orchard that touches on the events you've experienced in the Heroic version of this area, but also expands that story to include a famous resident of Eberron: Lady Vol! Here is a bit of concept art put together as we began work on Update 23, to give you some idea of who you'll be dealing with in the new raid:



    Years after the Black Abbot’s defeat, the Emerald Claw have returned to the Orchard of the Macabre. They arrived with large number of cultists and priests of the Blood of Vol. Many of the Black Abbot’s minions are also returning to the Orchard, and this time, they seem to be working together with the Emerald Claw. Though the Silver Flame are alarmed by these events, their attention is divided by an outbreak of lycanthropy in the area.

    At the Temple of Vol, the High Priest taunts to the players that all is going according to Vol’s plan, and that they were merely pawns when they defeated the Abbot before...


    We look forward to you seeing more of Vol and the Epic Orchard of the Macabre. We'll be previewing this new content in the coming weeks on Lamannia, and would love to read your feedback about it on the Lamannia forums. Thanks!
    - PurpleFooz
    can't wait lots of loot in this area hope it gets done right
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  3. #3
    Community Member Loromir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Greetings! We're hard at work getting Update 23 ready, and wanted to take a minute to give you a sneak peek at a bit of the story line you'll encounter when entering the Epic Orchard of the Macabre...

    As you may know, we're bringing a new story to the Orchard that touches on the events you've experienced in the Heroic version of this area, but also expands that story to include a famous resident of Eberron: Lady Vol!

    Years after the Black Abbot’s defeat, the Emerald Claw have returned to the Orchard of the Macabre. They arrived with large number of cultists and priests of the Blood of Vol. Many of the Black Abbot’s minions are also returning to the Orchard, and this time, they seem to be working together with the Emerald Claw. Though the Silver Flame are alarmed by these events, their attention is divided by an outbreak of lycanthropy in the area.

    At the Temple of Vol, the High Priest taunts to the players that all is going according to Vol’s plan, and that they were merely pawns when they defeated the Abbot before...


    We look forward to you seeing more of Vol and the Epic Orchard of the Macabre. We'll be previewing this new content in the coming weeks on Lamannia, and would love to read your feedback about it on the Lamannia forums. Thanks!
    - PurpleFooz
    This leads me to think that maybe there won't be as much undead in the orchard as you might think.....Cultists/Priests/Abbot Minions....
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  4. #4
    2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Time to reuse mistress and Necromancer mechanics from MoTU already?
    Officer of Renowned

  5. #5

    Default

    I know its too soon for quarterly wallpapers..

    ..but some more of the new art work, big enough for wallpaper would be appreciated

  6. #6
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,296

    Default

    Looks exciting!

    a Lich Half Elf/Half-Dragon.. heir to the Dragonmark of Death and ties to the Emerald Claw.
    Erandis Vol should prove to be a powerful arch-enemy.
    http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Vol

    Enemy to those fanatical zealots known as the Silver Flame
    http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_of_Vol
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    971

    Default

    ooo ooooo can i have one as a pet ?

    your friend sil

  8. #8
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    24,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    I know its too soon for quarterly wallpapers..

    ..but some more of the new art work, big enough for wallpaper would be appreciated
    If you click on the image it'll open in a full-size version.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Looks exciting!

    a Lich Half Elf/Half-Dragon.. heir to the Dragonmark of Death and ties to the Emerald Claw.
    Erandis Vol should prove to be a powerful arch-enemy.
    http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Vol

    Enemy to those fanatical zealots known as the Silver Flame
    http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_of_Vol
    Thx for sharing these links!
    Looks exciting thx devs for the communication
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

  10. #10
    Community Member poltt48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Love lady vol as new raid boss. Kind of tired of all same old undead and lycanthropes though. Don't suppose we can get some new undead and lycanthropes like revanents, banshees, nightshades, or maybe even a angel of decay for undead or weretigers/werebears for lycanthropes.
    Soulsavour 28 cleric completionist/epic completionist, Soundofthe Melodymaster 20 lock completionist/triple epic completionist (working on triple normal completionist), Holypoo 28 pally epic completionist, Edgeofshadows 28 rogue

  11. #11
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poltt48 View Post
    Love lady vol as new raid boss. Kind of tired of all same old undead and lycanthropes though. Don't suppose we can get some new undead and lycanthropes like revanents, banshees, nightshades, or maybe even a angel of decay for undead or weretigers/werebears for lycanthropes.
    I hope they bring night crawlers, Night walkers, and night wings. Nothing like giant formations of pure dark evil on the material plane.

  12. #12
    Community Member LeoLionxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poltt48 View Post
    Love lady vol as new raid boss. Kind of tired of all same old undead and lycanthropes though. Don't suppose we can get some new undead and lycanthropes like revanents, banshees, nightshades, or maybe even a angel of decay for undead or weretigers/werebears for lycanthropes.
    Actually, lycanthropes are exclusively werewolves - there are different names for the many types of Therianthropy.
    • Zig Zag to avoid arrows, Fireballs, Fireball-tipped arrow, and arrow-tipped Fireballs.
    • That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    • Kobold still hate you.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    This leads me to think that maybe there won't be as much undead in the orchard as you might think.....Cultists/Priests/Abbot Minions....
    i have the same feeling
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

  14. #14
    Community Member Varinon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Actually, lycanthropes are exclusively werewolves - there are different names for the many types of Therianthropy.
    In D&D, Lycanthropes encompass all animals. Source
    - Deleras has gotten much shorter than I remember.

  15. #15
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poltt48 View Post
    Love lady vol as new raid boss. Kind of tired of all same old undead and lycanthropes though. Don't suppose we can get some new undead and lycanthropes like revanents, banshees, nightshades, or maybe even a angel of decay for undead or weretigers/werebears for lycanthropes.
    Same old same old...

    Please tell me where there are Lycanthropes currently in Orchard?

    I don't think it would be difficult to reskin the Den Mother for Werebear rare

  16. #16
    Community Member poltt48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I hope they bring night crawlers, Night walkers, and night wings. Nothing like giant formations of pure dark evil on the material plane.
    All of those are Nightshades. There 4 different types of nightshades 3 of witch you mentioned here.
    Soulsavour 28 cleric completionist/epic completionist, Soundofthe Melodymaster 20 lock completionist/triple epic completionist (working on triple normal completionist), Holypoo 28 pally epic completionist, Edgeofshadows 28 rogue

  17. #17
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Behind you with a claw hammer
    Posts
    25,337

    Default

    Happy to see more Ebberon even though I don't enjoy epic


    Beware the Sleepeater

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    This leads me to think that maybe there won't be as much undead in the orchard as you might think.....Cultists/Priests/Abbot Minions....
    And PLEASE, let each kill be a kill! I have always hated the northeast side of The Orchard because of the alive is a slayer, undead isn't bug (or wai).
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

    "Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Sweet, Lady Vol is finally coming to DDO! The Flame is concerned about werewolves (true to lore). Overall, looks very promising, despite being yet another undead-ridden area. One question - That dragonmark in the pic, she doesn't get to use it, right? I thought that once you had died, your dragonmark becomes a neat tattoo.


    Also, are Abbot and the Sigil going to be touched? I almost never see an Abbot LFM, and even when I do, I can't join because of that ******** flagging mechanic. Could you remove the full Sigil requirement and change it to something like a Tapestry/Shield turn-in?
    Quote Originally Posted by LFKnowledge View Post
    Someone writes a book about your favorite character in DDO. What is the title of the book?
    The Lord of the Rungs, starring Frodo Laggins.
    Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    There's no lag, it's D&D trying to become turn based again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload