Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    if you can't solo these then you need more healing. If i can solo EE on my barb/fighter with cocoon, you can do these. If i can do the dragon in don't drink the water EE with NO healing, then there is a problem. It's too overpowered is the problem.

Elite should be for groups not solo. This update is broken and will be the end of the game when half the population is bored it's too easy.
    This is my opinion also. My PRR is up, I have some MRR, and my damage is through the roof. It's way too much.

Community Member

Default Melee Power

So, I can't tell if this has been answered already but... do all of the various melee power bonus from different fighting styles stack? Or do those melee power bonuses only apply while fighting with one particular style? For example, could a single class fighter with a ton of extra feats simply take ALL of the different melee style feats for a huge damage bonus to melee?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    if you can't solo these then you need more healing. If i can solo EE on my barb/fighter with cocoon, you can do these. If i can do the dragon in don't drink the water EE with NO healing, then there is a problem. It's too overpowered is the problem.

Elite should be for groups not solo. This update is broken and will be the end of the game when half the population is bored it's too easy.
    Alright the main reason of me dying was the level drains. Just tried again today with a hireling with deathward and managed to complete Elite A New Invasion. Apart from casting deathward on me, I just parked the hireling and didn't bring him along in the final fight. Subterrance main threat was the living harm spell that kept spamming enveration. So the last benchmark quest left is Elite Enter the Kobold which I haven't cleared yet. Will report back once it's been done/not done.

Community Member

Arrow

Just barely made it through Elite Enter the Kobold and but still made it nonetheless. But it was the tough with combination of fireshield, heal scrolls, renewal, cocoon and hire spamming heals, but in heavy armor so I'll give this heavy armor upgrade a PASS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    So, I can't tell if this has been answered already but... do all of the various melee power bonus from different fighting styles stack? Or do those melee power bonuses only apply while fighting with one particular style? For example, could a single class fighter with a ton of extra feats simply take ALL of the different melee style feats for a huge damage bonus to melee?
    They are all the same type, so only the highest value will apply.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Free2Pay View Post
    None of the changes to heavy armor met my expectations. I said previously the 3 heroic (mind you they are non epic quests) benchmark quests are Elite Enter the Kobold, Elite A New Invasion and Subterrance. My 16 Fighter/2Pal/2Rog in Unyielding Sentinel 5 still die to them. So the only verdict I can give now is : EPIC FAIL.
    on live my lvl28 pure S&B paly in DC had to burn through the LoH's to get through elite enter the kobold. on lama he did not have to heal once.

so the changes will help you, keep working on improving your character and you should become a lot more sturdy.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

nope they don't stack, there is a dev post about this somewhere to clarify so it's not guess work!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Free2Pay View Post
    Just barely made it through Elite Enter the Kobold and but still made it nonetheless. But it was the tough with combination of fireshield, heal scrolls, renewal, cocoon and hire spamming heals, but in heavy armor so I'll give this heavy armor upgrade a PASS.
    have you looked into divine crusader for healing instead of cocoon? it gives a lot of AoE dps even in a fire quest (% of mobs remaining hp per 3 second tick at least, 10% phys dmg and about 300 dmg split between fire and good if you get the lvl24 combustion augment from the GH vendors). the healing from consecration has become my main healing source (above CSW, LoH and heal scrolls) and i'm working on getting it in as a twist for when i'm in off destinies.

also don't forget healing is bugged at the moment with MRR reducing incoming heals, so that will have made your fight harder.

as a long term goal you can also twist in energy sheath from draconic, that is far better than fireshield scrolls and with a quick reset you can also change the element it resists. i used that to solo TOD, set it to cold for tanking the shades. it's not a permenant twist, just one i slot in when i know there will be heavy elemental damage.

also are you a shield user or just a heavy plate user? maybe try it again with a shield to see if double the MRR helps make the fight easier.

as i've already posted the difference between live and lama in elite kobold is quite astounding, from near chaining LoH's to not needing a single heal button (got a bit from trash that died near me, you get their CR back as healing when they die in DC). i know you're not going to be as rugged as a lvl28 at lvl20 (just that DR60 shadow armour is a massive boost) but i'll bet there is plenty you can work on to make your char more durable.

New loot cabinet is not working today for players to test the new loot, please reactivate, thank you.
    Fortunately I grabbed most of what I wanted on day one.

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Your MRR calculation seems to be bugged or you haven nto scaled your new mobs right (im leaning toward the latter.) I believe there is a decimal place shift as monster spells in many areas seem to be doing 10x less damage based on my current MRR than I predicted. It could also be that those spells somehow got broken as well.

Melee Power - overall I love the change. I do think it might be *slightly* above the curve at the moment in affecting things, but honestly I think if you simply increased monster density about 10-20% in the new quests and fixed whatever seems to be wrong with MRR then people complaining that things die to quickly will either hush up, change their tune, or continue complaining as the were going to anyway.

Blitzing seems off somehow I think that it gets double base benefit from Melee Power...I.E. 55 from tree as opposed to other trees getting 30 might be part of the problem. Max blitz going down and changing the proc rate from 10% on hit (with what seems to be a 1 sec delay between getting stacks) to a 15-20% chance on hit with a 2 sec delay will help people actually see their charge build quicker and get less angry about it...of course most of those peopel think monster are dying too quickly already.

Despite all this. I think the changes are generally good so far. Melee Power could probably tweak down slightly. I personally think all the bonuses should be cut in half.
    I.E. a full Melee destiny level 28 should have 35 Melee Power...and then this number should scale to damage procs 200%. I.E. 35% extra damage to the first number and +70% total power to all proc damage effects. Of course then the paladin tree abilities which you made to scale should be additive to that for +35% first number +70% other procs +105% for light damage procs.

Last thoughts. The new quests seem fun to play, but I think your scaling is broken on them (solo scaling) as well as they must not be in a final pass for monster damage and HP ranges yet...so please do not take completely any asks for pull backs in melee power until that has been finalized (hopefully next build) so we can fully grasp those changes and give actual better feedback.
    Officer of Renowned

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Oh since I forgot to add to the above. You need to remove glancing hits while moving again. Twitching is by far more deformative to damage output than the melee power changes. In combination they make all other fighting styles beyond subpar.
    Officer of Renowned

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by B0ltdrag0n View Post
    Oh since I forgot to add to the above. You need to remove glancing hits while moving again. Twitching is by far more deformative to damage output than the melee power changes. In combination they make all other fighting styles beyond subpar.
    Not signed.

Community Member

Default Sacred Defender on lammania currently requires paladin lvl 6 despite being moved

Sacred defender currently requires paladin lvl 6 despite being moved to core 2 and hence should read paladin lvl 3 (same goes for stalwart defender, they do share the same problem).

Hey folks!

We've just closed Lamannia for this week.

Keep your eyes open for an announcement about this coming weekend's events!

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

easy get rid of twitching, no more people taking advantage of something that shouldn't be around
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Edit: moved to appropriate thread
    Last edited by Marupal; 08-25-2014 at 11:45 AM.

By far?

Do you have data to support this irrational statement? Its a great perk - but nothing like the 11-13k smites I'm hitting helpless mobs with. that extra 400 points of damage I occasionally see a result of a twitching glance can't crit - so it pales in comparison to the actual front numbers being dealt.

Of course, that's a compairson vs a helpless mob using a smite, but with divine sacrifice, holy sword, etc. Glancing while moving is a moderate boost to damage - the only thing I'd change about it is for it to be part of the GTHF feat.

Only great two-handed fighters can glance while moving, regular or improved shouldn't.
    Last edited by Cetus; 08-25-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

They are all the same bonus type, so they won't stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    It looks like you guys fixed the Conjure Bolts Scrolls on Lamannia!! Thank you so, SO much!!! Now I can finally make that Repeater Build I had in mind, without Artificer levels!
    Yes, this may have missed the release notes, but Conjure Bolts scrolls should work now. Note that to get this functioning in a timely manner, these scrolls only produce +1 Bolts; Artificers casting the real spell, not from a scroll, should work as they always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    Are the shield dps trees part of Update 23 (coming later) or are they update 24?
    We are currently hoping to show Vanguard on Lamannia later this week.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    They are all the same bonus type, so they won't stack.

Yes, this may have missed the release notes, but Conjure Bolts scrolls should work now. Note that to get this functioning in a timely manner, these scrolls only produce +1 Bolts; Artificers casting the real spell, not from a scroll, should work as they always have.
    does this mean that if i qualify for the feat/feats set i can take them?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast