Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Update 23 First Look

UPDATE: Lamannia is open for our first early preview of Update 23! However, our original plan to offer a preview of the raid ran into a technical snag (the system we use to teleport groups into the raid is having an issue), so instead we will be offering an early preview of the Epic Orchard of the Macabre and Epic versions of Desecrated Temple of Vol, Ghosts of Perdition, and Inferno of the Damned! We will still have an event today from 4:00 - 7:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT), so stop on by and say hello!

NOTE: The Epic Quest-giver NPCs for the Orchard quests are not yet in, but you can speak to the Heroic NPCs and you will be able to enter the quests on Epic from the Orchard.

###

Howdy everyone!

We're planning to update Lamannia this coming Thursday, August 21st, then open it to the public!

With this update, we're planning a couple Dev events in order to get some specific feedback.

The first of these events will be held between 4:00 - 7:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, August 21st. During this time, several devs will be online to gather and teleport groups into the new U23 Raid!

The second event will be less structured. It will be held throughout the work day for us on Friday (somewhere between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern, -4 GMT) and will consist of developers creating LFMs for the new raid, then transporting groups into the raid once the LFM is full.

Release notes and Known issues will be made available on Thursday as well.

See you there!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-21-2014 at 10:53 AM.

AWESOME!

Looking forward to seeing the notes and all the new and improved stuff!

aka OOOOHHHH SHIIINNNEEEEYYYY!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Awesome! Why did this happen now and not a week earlier?

Community Member

And you guys are not wiping right? ill be pretty upset if yall do because i dont feel like reconstructing in order to not have the tools i need. and none of my live toons are ready for lvl 28 EE content as they are in progress so please do not wipe..

Default Woot!

Ok, so Dev event @ 4:00 Eastern - check!

When can I download & instal so as to be ready for it?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Twitch stream pretty please Can't take off work to check this one out.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

I'll be honest, I'm really nervous that the loot will be underwhelming. There's great potential with orchard loot - please don't screw this up.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

I will be trying to make it to this event. should be alot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Awesome! Why did this happen now and not a week earlier?
    GenCon? Might have also been pushed back cause of patch 3.

Hopefully some of our feedback was taken into consideration. If the changes are as listed, the pally "pass" will be an epic failure. The evasion and 2x shield modifier to mrr are also bad news.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Can we please get a Mask of the Abbot item? It's just too cool looking for it not to be in the loot table. Even if it's just a cosmetic item!

Will we be able to see the loot posted in the forum tomorrow as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

i got a baaaad feelin' about this update. i already want more stuff in the 2 existing paly trees than i can afford, and tomorrow i should be getting a glimpse of all the shinies in the new tree, which i'll probably want too. arrrgh! too many choices!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

If this pack won't have LOT of good loot it will be another fail.
    Raid should have at least 10 item (or even more), each quest 3 named and litany 3x bosses plus all the tapestry, shield and tome choice.

Old pack....lot of loot... new pack...2 item x raid and few useless x quest.

Oh, and please no raid timer bypass till a new raid is been released.
    Triple Heroic & Epic completionist. Eroic : 39/39 - Epic : 34/36 - Iconic : 12/12. Santa Alleanza officer on Cannith.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Will we be able to see the loot posted in the forum tomorrow as well?
    You can usually pick up all the new loot in the dojo. Surely someone can post that if the devs don't.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    i got a baaaad feelin' about this update. i already want more stuff in the 2 existing paly trees than i can afford, and tomorrow i should be getting a glimpse of all the shinies in the new tree, which i'll probably want too. arrrgh! too many choices!
    Woah, wait, what? The Vanguard tree is coming out in U23? I thought it was just the armor changes, KotC and Defender revamps, and the epicification of Necro IV?
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    Woah, wait, what? The Vanguard tree is coming out in U23? I thought it was just the armor changes, KotC and Defender revamps, and the epicification of Necro IV?
    i thought all that lot was U23?

if not what is U23 brining?
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    i thought all that lot was U23?

if not what is U23 brining?
    From what I understand:

* Armor Pass (including MRR) - which is a tall order since it (allegedly) affects mob to hit, revamp of existing AC systems and introduction of a new additional one (MRR)
    * Epic Orchard - which sounds to be roughly similar in proportion to epic Gianthold (epic versions of existing quests, epic version of a wilderness area and new (hopefully endgame) raid pitting players against Vol.
    * probably some other, additional minor changes and/or fixes.

That'd make U23 about the same size and in line with game updates such as U17. Personally I'd think it a mistake to also add new trees and would rather have them spend the time/effort on working out whatever kinks and bugs we'll find once the raid goes life and focus on reviewing/balancing the AC/MRR changes for a while before moving on to the next thing.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member

According to Wiki there will be a new area desert as well.. not holding my breath though.
    Update 23

Release Date: Unknown (Possibly September)
    Further Notes:
    The third update of the year will take you to Anauroch, the not-so-barren desert to the north of Cormyr. You will have the chance to battle the armies of Netheril and challenge a new enemy – the enigmatic Phaerimm: DDO Forums

Anauroch was a Forgotten Realms campaign supplement written by Ed Greenwood.

The Phaerimm (also called thornbacks and magic-grubs) are a fictional species or creatures in the Forgotten Realms setting, in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. They are malevolent and highly intelligent creatures who are natural spellcasters]]

The ingame Adventure Compendium has shown the quest 'It Came from the Desert' since Update 21.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vyvyanne Source on 07-01-2014
    Update 23 will bring Epic Orchard of the Macabre to DDO

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ProducerRowan Source on 06-09-2014
    We will definitely need to address the lack of good small shields in future content. I know we plan to have small shields and bucklers in the loot for the epic version of Orchard which would be released at the same time as these changes.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    From what I understand:

* Armor Pass (including MRR) - which is a tall order since it (allegedly) affects mob to hit, revamp of existing AC systems and introduction of a new additional one (MRR)
    * Epic Orchard - which sounds to be roughly similar in proportion to epic Gianthold (epic versions of existing quests, epic version of a wilderness area and new (hopefully endgame) raid pitting players against Vol.
    * probably some other, additional minor changes and/or fixes.

That'd make U23 about the same size and in line with game updates such as U17. Personally I'd think it a mistake to also add new trees and would rather have them spend the time/effort on working out whatever kinks and bugs we'll find once the raid goes life and focus on reviewing/balancing the AC/MRR changes for a while before moving on to the next thing.
    maybe, i was under the impression we were getting vanguard with all the armour changes. there was some concern over useful stuff being taken out of the defensive trees that gave S&B some damage, the reply was wait till you see what we put in vanguard:

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    I think when the Vanguard tree is released on the live forums you will get a chance to see our plans for weapon and shield DPS.

Sev~
    that's where i got my impression from. sure it ain't fact, but it would be kinda sucky for S&B DPS to get worse with this update, so including vanguard would make a lot of sense (and is probably why they did minimal changes to the existing defensive trees).

anyway, we should find out tomorrow, so i'm waiting with baited breath

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast