Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    You misunderstand....6/6/8 doesn't take any AA, Slayer's not worth it. 6 Ranger is just for Sniper Shot every fourth shot, you're full-time repeater. You can get Sniper, Keen Edge, the SLAs, and still have some AP left for BE and/or Racials.

And that's an interesting take, basically you're playing like a StarCraft siege tank Lock down, sacrifice mobility for extra DPS and heal ticks. Should work even better post-update with Heavy Armor - I was wondering about a 14 Pal/6 Arti "siege tank" repeater build in U23 with Sacred Defender and Holy Sword in Divine Crusader - with all that PRR and AC and ticking/proccing heals, Tira's might be the runearm of choice.
    Ah yeah ranger for sniper shot.

I've try tried it and prefer going up BE & Kensei then left overs in racial.

If the shots worked without being lost in the cycle more reliably I might try this type if build again.

Yes I'm thinking 6/14 Holy sword might be fun too bad I'll be 3x paladin and it won't be worth playing a life

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Ah yeah ranger for sniper shot.

I've try tried it and prefer going up BE & Kensei then left overs in racial.

If the shots worked without being lost in the cycle more reliably I might try this type if build again.
    Sniper shot and 3d6 Sneak, I should have said Which benefits from the +50% Damage boost in Crusader, no? Plus Pos SP.

BE is honestly a joke for repeaters IMO...outside the cores, you get +2 damage and +4 to hit. EF adds less DPS than a 30% Damage boost, and is mutually exclusive with it. And you've already elucidated the limitations on building for runearm DPS. I only ever go into BE deep enough for the first +1 damage, RA charge/CD, and Wrack Construct. They really need to overhaul BE to provide for repeaters+RAs what Swash does for SWF or AA does for bows or Tempest does for TWF, etc.

I don't autoattack, which makes it much easier to avoid losing shots. You shouldn't either, especially if you're *only* doing Repeaters, since it does give a higher ROF to go manual than auto.
    Last edited by droid327; 08-20-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Sniper shot and 3d6 Sneak, I should have said Which benefits from the +50% Damage boost in Crusader, no? Plus Pos SP.

BE is honestly a joke for repeaters IMO...outside the cores, you get +2 damage and +4 to hit. EF adds less DPS than a 30% Damage boost, and is mutually exclusive with it. And you've already elucidated the limitations on building for runearm DPS. I only ever go into BE deep enough for the first +1 damage, RA charge/CD, and Wrack Construct. They really need to overhaul BE to provide for repeaters+RAs what Swash does for SWF or AA does for bows or Tempest does for TWF, etc.

I don't autoattack, which makes it much easier to avoid losing shots. You shouldn't either, especially if you're *only* doing Repeaters, since it does give a higher ROF to go manual than auto.

I don't use auto attack either when say standing stationary firing at mobs from a range. But, when your in close quarters with heavy Agro jumping and strafing yeah I just hold down the fire button to consintrate on avoiding being hit.

Though the 30% boost might be more DPS than EF over time but, EF still clears a room or dangerous mob faster for a full repeater build.

Using it alternately with Crusader damage boost
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 08-20-2014 at 03:38 PM.

I will agree that Artificer needs a revamp in the ranged damage dept.

The Devs are finally getting things closer to what they should be in rewarding taking more levels in a class with Bard & Paladin.

As for repeater Arti most if the damage comes from other class levels (Rogue/Fighter/Ranger) that is a fail.

While we are at it rune arms could be improved to work better for 1 at least being able to hit a target your bolts are hitting without worrying about hitting terrain that may it may not be there.

& Arti should have a third Tree & their own ED

Oh and get the iron defender out of Archano let those AP be spent on Artificer and give the silt dog it's own enhancements which it has but, still it's in Archano

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123