Default Does Brawnpit still spawn in epic GH?

When return to GH was first released, Brawnpit was one of the more common rares. In fact, it was usually easier to find him than it was to find the 3 needed giant relics to finish the encounter. But its been ages since I've seen him last. Long enough that I honestly thought he'd been removed from the wilderness since he wasn't listed under the main rare encounter listing. Someone asked about it today and I said I thought he was removed, but I pulled up the adventure journal and there's a second encounter listing and, sure enough, he's still listed.

I know its random but I haven't seen him in at least a year and I've actually really been (over) running GH this life. So much so I've hit at least every other encounter at least 3 times including all the dragons. I've killed the big red dragon 4 times, but still no sign of Brawnpit.

He used to (mostly) show up in one of 3 places - NE, SE, and SW. So, has anyone seen him lately, any recollection where or is there a new trick needed to cause him to spawn that I missed?
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Community Member

Just found him yesterday (in NE), then spent an hour looking for the relics. Note though, I found one relic before Brawnpit, dunno if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    Just found him yesterday (in NE), then spent an hour looking for the relics. Note though, I found one relic before Brawnpit, dunno if it matters.
    At least 10 zerg runs over to roughly the Storm's fist teleport area (where I remember he used to spawn) hasn't triggered it. Anyone else? Any ideas?

Teleported to stormeye location for a PoP run yesterday and he was spawned en-route to PoP.

Community Member

I bumped into him about a month ago. Took forever to find the relics but the reward was decent.
    The Thug: sustained DPS Int-based non-assassinating assassin
    The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club
    -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!

Community Member

Yeah he still does, I notice him every now and then at the south end of the map on my way to Trial by Fire. Not common though.

The rares in GH are generally too rare. MOAR DRAGONS please
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    At least 10 zerg runs over to roughly the Storm's fist teleport area (where I remember he used to spawn) hasn't triggered it. Anyone else? Any ideas?
    He was, well, between Thrutful's 11th and 12th messages, I got a message and he popped up on the map while I on the elevated path going to the crucible.
    Now I'm kinda glad I did spend that time finding the relics. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Franke View Post
    Teleported to stormeye location for a PoP run yesterday and he was spawned en-route to PoP.
    Ran about a dozen daffy duck style zergs through the rare spawn points in the NE with no results outside of nearly being killed by mobs a dozen times (those giants have no senses of humor). Had tried everything except teleporting. Took me 29 tries (was one away from quitting) before he spawned in this spot. That did actually give me an area to zero in on, thank you. XP for completing that part of the adventure journal was a bit of a let down, but by now it was more about the obsession of finding him.

Anyways, thanks for all the help.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Ran about a dozen daffy duck style zergs through the rare spawn points in the NE with no results outside of nearly being killed by mobs a dozen times (those giants have no senses of humor). Had tried everything except teleporting. Took me 29 tries (was one away from quitting) before he spawned in this spot. That did actually give me an area to zero in on, thank you. XP for completing that part of the adventure journal was a bit of a let down, but by now it was more about the obsession of finding him.

Anyways, thanks for all the help.
    No screenie of you dancing over the completed quest, after all those attempts?!? Arrrgh missed opportunity
    The Thug: sustained DPS Int-based non-assassinating assassin
    The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club
    -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!