Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,803

    Default I think I sold my GS bow...

    Silly me. I think I may have sold my GS bow to a vendor - and its probably about a month ago. Its nowhere to be found in inventory, bank or buy back and I havent done a TR since I used it last but I checked the reinc cache even so. In this situation I doubt there is anything I can do except to grind out the part for a new one - its possible but annoying - unless someone has an idea otherwise.

    Oh well, its how it goes, just a bit down but I will get over it.

  2. #2
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    Aw

    *offers chocolate chip cookies
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  3. #3
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,497

    Default

    Maybe the black abbot ate it?

    I expect that to be back in U23: The Epic Abbot ate my thunderforged.

    (Sorry about your bow - tip: use the 'lock' feature to prevent items from selling/destroying by accident)
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  4. #4
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Sorry to hear it man. Had something similar happen to me so I feel your pain sympathise.
    OkarisRage, artificer afraid of the reaper
    Caldrick, hp tank wannabe - Noellal, in etr hell
    Tagthor, testing fiery bard
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Maybe the black abbot ate it?

    I expect that to be back in U23: The Epic Abbot ate my thunderforged.

    (Sorry about your bow - tip: use the 'lock' feature to prevent items from selling/destroying by accident)
    I sense a story behind the Black Abbot comment - could you elaborate?

    I know about the lock - I simply must have forgotten - so its all my own fault obviously.

  6. #6
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I sense a story behind the Black Abbot comment - could you elaborate?

    I know about the lock - I simply must have forgotten - so its all my own fault obviously.
    There was a bug, when you depleted a stack of non-returning throwables, then switched to a normal weapon quickly, it made the throwing animation instead of the weapons normal animation swing. However the game still recognized that as the depleted throwable stack and ultimately threw away the weapon you just switched to.

    This seemed to happen a lot to players in the abbot raid, since it's a quest where you have to use throwing items that can deplete (stacks of 50 boulders).
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  7. #7
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    It's also possible it will show back up your next life...if what happened to me is happening to you. I had my concop item vanish, after a tr, which of course I didn't realize until level 12. LOL It wasn't a huge deal to me, beyond asking the forum what I might have done to proc the incident I just made a new one. I tried emptying my cache and inventory looking for the 'double item in one slot' bug, no dice. Not in buy back anywhere. However, after the next tr, the original one came...back. From limbo I guess.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  8. #8
    Community Member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    feel 4 ya..i sold an awsome holy burst disruption ax once....I guess I was sellin quick and didnt notice,but it was never to be seen in buyback was weird.Maybe I destroyed that one makin inventory room quick in play???

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Silly me. I think I may have sold my GS bow to a vendor - and its probably about a month ago. Its nowhere to be found in inventory, bank or buy back and I havent done a TR since I used it last but I checked the reinc cache even so. In this situation I doubt there is anything I can do except to grind out the part for a new one - its possible but annoying - unless someone has an idea otherwise.

    Oh well, its how it goes, just a bit down but I will get over it.
    Hi,

    That's very unfortunate, sorry to hear it.

    If it will be difficult for you to make a replacement, let us know which server you are on, and some of us may be able to chip in with some materials.

    You are welcome to PM me or contact me in game on Khyber; I still run the Shroud regularly and would be happy to contribute.

    Take care.
    Astrican on Khyber

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Silly me. I think I may have sold my GS bow to a vendor - and its probably about a month ago. Its nowhere to be found in inventory, bank or buy back and I havent done a TR since I used it last but I checked the reinc cache even so. In this situation I doubt there is anything I can do except to grind out the part for a new one - its possible but annoying - unless someone has an idea otherwise.

    Oh well, its how it goes, just a bit down but I will get over it.
    i did a similar thing recently, checked everything and it wasn't there. i did sell it. it didnt show up in the Vendor buy back UNTIL i pushed the little "refresh" button. and then it was there. some of the stuff went months back. (i think some was before my tr, but i cant be sure)

    Im sure you tried that, but can always hope. also, i lost stuff putting things in the bank, and DDO was nice enough to mail it back to me a few days later. again, you can always hope. Good luck. on Sarlona and i love running shroud if you want a hand.

  11. #11
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

    That's very unfortunate, sorry to hear it.

    If it will be difficult for you to make a replacement, let us know which server you are on, and some of us may be able to chip in with some materials.

    You are welcome to PM me or contact me in game on Khyber; I still run the Shroud regularly and would be happy to contribute.

    Take care.
    Same here. If you run on Sarlona, PM me on any of the character names in my signature and I will help you replace your bow.

  12. #12
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Same here. If you run on Sarlona, PM me on any of the character names in my signature and I will help you replace your bow.
    I love shroud, I'd be happy on Sarlona to help time zones willing. But the odds are only 1 in 7 he's from our server.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Thanks for the replies and the offers to help. I will be fine though - its more an annoyance than a problem.

  14. #14
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    I love shroud, I'd be happy on Sarlona to help time zones willing. But the odds are only 1 in 7 he's from our server.
    True It would be nice if we could somehow find out where players timezones are so we have a good picture, in game, of locality.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Silly me. I think I may have sold my GS bow to a vendor - and its probably about a month ago. Its nowhere to be found in inventory, bank or buy back and I havent done a TR since I used it last but I checked the reinc cache even so. In this situation I doubt there is anything I can do except to grind out the part for a new one - its possible but annoying - unless someone has an idea otherwise.

    Oh well, its how it goes, just a bit down but I will get over it.
    Hate that when that happens. Used to happen all the time with guild slotted items because they needed to be unlocked to add augments to. If you are on Cannith, pm me your user name and I will be glad to help out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload