Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 153 of 153
  1. #141
    Community Member Selvera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathblunt View Post
    Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
    My feedback/advice is that a bard/sorc swashbuckler was by far the weakest build that I've ever taken to level 30. You could have done the split better then I did it; but even so I don't have much faith that it'd stand up to being an "average" power level; much less perform well.

    Either way; plan out the build with a proper planner (or better; create a test/throwaway character to test out the build) before you try anything like this on a character you care about. A bunch of things like skill requirements and BAB can easily screw with the build.
    Selvera: Half elf Bard 14/Barb 2/Fighter 2; Just having a bit of swash fun with a heroic life.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 20/Epic 10; Healer Archer with a more supportive build then usual
    Mayve: Tiefling Sorc 16; Just a pastlife for an alt

  2. #142
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    65

    Default How much dc should i be aiming for

    Just asking how much dc should i be aiming for end game r4+, at the moment i got around 122+ dc for ice freeze ( using war soul divine soul gives me +16 dc) So far everything seems to get stunned

    But im considering changing it to 15 bard 3 fighter 2 rogue for the evasion IF lower dc of 105+ is still good

    Also want to say the build has been a blast to play, i went 16 bard 3 fighter 1 favored soul in unyielding seintel and its been awesome, i kept swashbuckling down to 13 ap ( no low blow) and instead went with vanguard stunning shield as it works on reapers.

    Dps still seems ok since your basically always doing extra helpless dmg ( sense weakness twist) only part it suffers is end boss but thats for those other builds.

    What do people choose for legendary feat? Astral plane was the choice for me but the only thing is i have to wear cloths to benefit from the dodge boost
    Last edited by john0; 08-04-2018 at 05:15 AM.

  3. #143
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john0 View Post
    Just asking how much dc should i be aiming for end game r4+, at the moment i got around 122+ dc for ice freeze ( using war soul divine soul gives me +16 dc) So far everything seems to get stunned

    But im considering changing it to 15 bard 3 fighter 2 rogue for the evasion IF lower dc of 105+ is still good

    Also want to say the build has been a blast to play, i went 16 bard 3 fighter 1 favored soul in unyielding seintel and its been awesome, i kept swashbuckling down to 13 ap ( no low blow) and instead went with vanguard stunning shield as it works on reapers.

    Dps still seems ok since your basically always doing extra helpless dmg ( sense weakness twist) only part it suffers is end boss but thats for those other builds.

    What do people choose for legendary feat? Astral plane was the choice for me but the only thing is i have to wear cloths to benefit from the dodge boost
    Sorry, I can't answer your question (although couldn't you remove an item/buffs to get your DC down to 105 to experiment?).

    However, are you able to post a breakdown of your DC? I want to run some numbers and need a baseline.

    Thank you
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

  4. #144
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    65

    Default Dc breakdown

    (10 + Charisma modifier + 0/one-quarter/one-half Bard Level + Stunning modifiers)

    Cha = 74 = 32 mod
    Bard level =16 so 8dc
    Stunning modifiers item = 22 (enhancment) + 6 (insight) + 4 (quality) = 32 dc
    3 fighter past life
    6 legendary dread
    4 astral plane
    Favored soul divine soul = 16
    Pdk sword training = 10

    10+32+8+32+3+6+4+16+10 =121?



    Im also thinking of doing an adaption doing 12 ranger 7 bard 1 favored soul

    Tested dance of swords + frozen fury and it seems to working ( can proc 4 enemies) might make a post with more details to get some feedback
    Last edited by john0; 08-06-2018 at 04:35 AM.

  5. #145
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john0 View Post
    Im also thinking of doing an adaption doing 12 ranger 7 bard 1 favored soul
    Don't forget the duration of WC freeze attacks is based on # of bard levels; which is why I don't like the various heavily-MCed ideas.
    Tested dance of swords + frozen fury and it seems to working ( can proc 4 enemies) might make a post with more details to get some feedback
    Yeah Dance of Death seems to work with just about any melee special attack as long as you're dual-wielding, which is nice.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  6. #146
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john0 View Post
    (10 + Charisma modifier + 0/one-quarter/one-half Bard Level + Stunning modifiers)

    Cha = 74 = 32 mod
    Bard level =16 so 8dc
    Stunning modifiers item = 22 (enhancment) + 6 (insight) + 4 (quality) = 32 dc
    3 fighter past life
    6 legendary dread
    4 astral plane
    Favored soul divine soul = 16
    Pdk sword training = 10

    10+32+8+32+3+6+4+16+10 =121?
    Awesome. Thank you very much.
    Also +1 guild buff
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

  7. #147
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Don't forget the duration of WC freeze attacks is based on # of bard levels; which is why I don't like the various heavily-MCed ideas.
    This is less relevant with Reaper CC reduction. As long as you've got 6 Bard levels, your Frozen Fury is going to be about the same duration as having any number of Bard levels in mid-Reaper or above. While the same breakpoint for Spinning Ice would be 12 levels of Bard, I'm not a big fan of Spinning Ice myself - and most of these heavily multi-classed builds can't afford the T5 Warchanter anyway.

  8. #148
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,422

    Default

    Just a little theorycrafting here: a pure PDK Warchanter / Swashbuckler to take advantage of the recent buffs to bards. The high concept is to have as many CC abilities based on either ice (Frozen Fury, Spinning Ice, Skaldic Scream, Burst of Glacial Wrath) and sound (bard sonic spells / SLAs) as I could squeeze in. Plus Grease, the ultimate party buff. Along the way I boosted bardsongs as much as I could afford: full WC bonuses plus Spell Song Trance.

    Obviously a +1 HoW is necessary to eliminate the initial fighter level. Harper is not required but recommended for Know the Angles, since pure bard doesn't get Divine Presence. +5 DEX tome for Precision feat pre-req, +2 INT tome for extra skill points; adjust actual stats based on available tome(s).
    Code:
    PDK Warmaster
    Bard 20
    True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight
    
    
    Stats
                   32pt     34pt     36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8        8        8                4: CHA
    Dexterity        8        8        8       +5       8: CHA
    Constitution    14       15       16               12: CHA
    Intelligence    16       16       16       +2      16: CHA
    Wisdom           8        8        8               20: CHA
    Charisma        18       18       18               24: CHA
                                                       28: CHA
    
    Skills
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Perform   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spellcr   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Bluff     4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Diplo     4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Tumble    4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Haggle    4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    UMD       4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Balance   2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  21
    Heal      2     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     11
    Search    1  1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1  11
             ------------------------------------------------------------
             40 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11
    
    
    Feats
    
     1        : Single Weapon Fighting
     1 PDK    : Shield Mastery
     3        : Quicken Spell
     6        : Spell Focus: Evocation OR Insightful Reflexes
     9        : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12        : Improved Critical: Piercing
    15        : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    18        : Precision
    21 Epic   : Inspire Excellence OR Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Improved Shield Mastery
    28 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting OR Lasting Inspiration
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction OR Overwhelming Critical
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Air OR Feywild
    
    
    Spells
    
    
    
    1. Grease (1), Sonic Blast (2), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    2. Soundburst (4), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    3. Haste (7), Displacement (7), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    4. <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    5. <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    6. Greater Shout (16), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    Enhancements (80 AP) Warchanter (43 AP)
    • Skaldic: Constitution, Weapon Training, Song of Heroism, Fighting Spirit, Victory Song, Warmaster
      1. Poetic Edda II, Enchant Weapon
      2. Arcane Shield Chant III, Iced Edges III, Sprint Boost I
      3. Ironskin Chant III, Frozen Fury III
      4. Reckless Chant III, Northwind III
      5. Expeditious Chant III, Chant of Power III, Howl of the North, Spinning Ice III
    Spellsinger (13 AP)
    • Spellsinger, Music of the Sewers, Music of the Dead
      1. Studies: Magical III, Sonic Blast III
      2. Marigold Crown: Violet
      3. Spell Song Trance
    Swashbuckler (12 AP)
    • Confidence, Swashbuckling, Uncanny Dodge
      1. Blow By Blow: Melee III, Tavern Shanties I
      2. Fast Movement, Double Strike Boost I
      3. Skirmisher
    Harper Agent (7 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Traveler's Toughness II
      2. Know the Angles II
    Purple Dragon Knight (5 AP)
    • Damage Boost
      1. Cormyrean Knight Training, Improved Recovery
    Destiny Twists of Fate (32 fate points)
    1. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    2. Lithe (Tier 2 Shadowdancer)
    3. School Specialist: Evocation (Tier 2 Magister)
    4. Legendary Shield Mastery (Tier 2 Sentinel)
    5. Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  9. #149
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    This is less relevant with Reaper CC reduction. As long as you've got 6 Bard levels, your Frozen Fury is going to be about the same duration as having any number of Bard levels in mid-Reaper or above. While the same breakpoint for Spinning Ice would be 12 levels of Bard, I'm not a big fan of Spinning Ice myself - and most of these heavily multi-classed builds can't afford the T5 Warchanter anyway.
    With reaper reducing both to 6 seconds, and both being half bard level, 12 bard levels is the breakpoint for both?

  10. #150
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    With reaper reducing both to 6 seconds, and both being half bard level, 12 bard levels is the breakpoint for both?
    Frozen Fury lasts your full Bard level while Spinning Ice only lasts half your Bard level.

  11. #151
    Community Member thunir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    278

    Default Great builds, I went back to 18,1,1

    I can’t stand not having the 30 BAB. Also if you take “smooth flourishes” you’ll pick up Cha to damage on your buckler.

    Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    How useful in Cleave in these types of builds? Alternative is FOP/Precision.

    I tend to think the Precision and maybe Grim Precision are going to be useful against undead/etc.

    Note: Extend is a Quality of Life feat for me.

    Varzil with Precision/FOP
    15/3/2 Bard/Fighter/Rogue
    True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight


    Level Order

    1. Fighter . . . . 6. Bard. . . . . .11. Bard. . . . . .16. Bard
    2. Rogue . . . . . 7. Bard. . . . . .12. Fighter. . . . 17. Bard
    3. Bard . . . . . .8. Bard . . . . . 13. Bard . . . . . 18. Fighter
    4. Bard . . . . . .9. Bard . . . . . 14. Bard . . . . . 19. Bard
    5. Bard . . . . . 10. Bard . . . . . 15. Rogue . . . . .20. Bard



    Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 10. . . .+6. . . .4: CHA
    Dexterity . . . 14. . . .+6. . . .8: CHA
    Constitution. . 14. . . .+6. . . 12: CHA
    Intelligence. . 14. . . .+6. . . 16: CHA
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . .+6. . . 20: CHA
    Charisma. . . . 18. . . .+6. . . 24: CHA
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: CHA


    Skills
    . . . . . F .R. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. F .B .B .R. B. B. F .B .B
    . . . . . 1 .2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Perform . 2 . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . .2 .1 . . 2. 1. . .1 .2 .23
    Disable . . .5. ½. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12. ½. 1. 2 .1 .1 .23
    Search. . 1 .1. . . . . .½ .1½ 2½ 1½ 3. 2. 1. 1. 1. ½. 1 .1½ 1. 23
    Haggle. . . . . . .5 .2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 . . 2. 2. . .2 .1 . . 1. 2. 23
    UMD . . . 2 . . 1. 1. 2. 3. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1 .1 .1 . . 2. 1. . .1 .2 .23
    Heal. . . 1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . . . . ½. 1. . .11
    Spot. . . 1 .1. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. 1. 1. ½. ½. ½ .½ .1 . . 1. . . . ½. . .11
    Balance . 2 . . . .1 .1 .2 .1 . . . . . . . . . .1 . . . . . . . . 1. .9
    Open Lo . . .4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4
    Tumble. . 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .20 11 .9 .9 .9 .9 10 10 10 10 10. 6 10 10 13 11 11 .7 11 11



    Feats

    .1. . . . : Single Weapon Fighting
    .1 PDK. . : Precision
    .1 Fighter: Shield Mastery
    .3. . . . : Extend Spell
    .6. . . . : Empower Healing Spell
    .9. . . . : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12. . . . : Improved Shield Mastery
    12 Fighter: Improved Critical: Piercing
    15. . . . : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    18. . . . : Quicken Spell
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Force of Personality
    26 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Inspire Excellence
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting


    Or

    Varzil with PA/Cleave
    15/3/2 Bard/Fighter/Rogue
    True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight


    Level Order

    1. Fighter . . . . 6. Bard. . . . . .11. Bard. . . . . .16. Bard
    2. Rogue . . . . . 7. Bard. . . . . .12. Fighter. . . . 17. Bard
    3. Bard . . . . . .8. Bard . . . . . 13. Bard . . . . . 18. Fighter
    4. Bard . . . . . .9. Bard . . . . . 14. Bard . . . . . 19. Bard
    5. Bard . . . . . 10. Bard . . . . . 15. Rogue . . . . .20. Bard



    Stats
    . . . . . . . .34pt. . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .----. . .---- . . ---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 13 . . . 13. . . .+6. . . .4: CHA
    Dexterity . . . 11 . . . 13. . . .+6. . . .8: CHA
    Constitution. . 14 . . . 14. . . .+6. . . 12: CHA
    Intelligence. . 12 . . . 12. . . .+6. . . 16: CHA
    Wisdom. . . . . .8 . . . .8. . . .+6. . . 20: CHA
    Charisma. . . . 18 . . . 18. . . .+6. . . 24: CHA
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28: CHA


    Skills
    . . . . . F .R. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. B. F .B .B .R. B. B. F .B .B
    . . . . . 1 .2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Perform . 2 . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . .2 .1 . . 2. 1. . .1 .2 .23
    Disable . . .5. ½. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12. ½. 1. 2 .1 .1 .23
    Haggle. . . . . . .5 .2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 . . 2. 2. . .2 .1 . . 1. 2. 23
    UMD . . . 2 . . 1. 1. 2. 3. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1 .1 .1 . . 2. 1. . .1 .2 .23
    Search. . . .1. . . . . .½ .1½ 2½ 1½ 3. 2. 1. 2. . .1½ ½. 1 .1½ 1. 22
    Heal. . . 1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . . . . 2. . .1 . . 10
    Balance . 2 . . . .1 .1 .2 .1 . . . . . . . . . .1 . . . . . . . . . . 8
    Open Lo . . .4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4
    Spot. . . . . . . . . . . . . .½ .½ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1
    Tumble. . 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .16 10 .8 .8 .8 .8 .9 .9 .9 .9 .9 .5. 9. 9 12 10 10. 6 10 10



    Feats

    .1. . . . : Single Weapon Fighting
    .1 PDK. . : Power Attack
    .1 Fighter: Shield Mastery
    .3. . . . : Cleave
    .6. . . . : Empower Healing Spell
    .9. . . . : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12. . . . : Improved Shield Mastery
    12 Fighter: Improved Critical: Piercing
    15. . . . : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    18. . . . : Quicken Spell
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Extend Spell
    26 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Inspire Excellence
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting



    Shared between the two builds.

    Spells

    1. Cure Light Wounds, Focusing Chant, Detect Secret Doors, <Any>
    2. Blur, Cure Moderate Wounds, Invisibility, Rage
    3. Cure Serious Wounds, Displacement, Good Hope, Haste
    4. Cure Critical Wounds, Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Otto's Sphere of Dancing
    5. Greater Heroism, Mass Cure Light Wounds, Mind Fog


    Enhancements (80 AP)

    Warchanter (40 AP)
    • Skaldic: Constitution, Weapon Training, Song of Heroism, Fighting Spirit
      1. Inspired Bravery I, Rough and Ready III
      2. Iced Edges III, Sprint Boost I
      3. Ironskin Chant III, High Spirits I, Frozen Fury III, Charisma
      4. Reckless Chant III, Northwind III, Charisma
      5. Chant of Power III, Howl of the North, Spinning Ice III

    Swashbuckler (11 AP)
    • Confidence, Swashbuckling
      1. On Your Toes III, Tavern Shanties I
      2. Deflect Arrows, Fast Movement
      3. Skirmisher

    Stalwart Defender (13 AP)
    • Toughness, Stalwart Defense
      1. Durable Defense III, Stalwart Defensive Mastery II
      2. Resilient Defense III
      3. Tenacious Defense III

    Harper Agent (9 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Awareness II
      2. Versatile Adept I, Know the Angles III

    Purple Dragon Knight (7 AP)
    • Damage Boost, Charisma
      1. Cormyrean Knight Training, Improved Recovery


    Destiny (24 AP) - Errors

    Divine Crusader
    1. Bane of Undeath, Endless Turning III, Charisma
    2. Consecration III, Charisma
    3. Sacred Ground, Charisma
    4. Crusade, Charisma
    5. Heavenly Presence, Celestial Champion

    Twists of Fate (22 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Legendary Shield Mastery (Tier 2 Sentinel)
    3. Legendary Tactics (Tier 1 Dreadnought)
    4. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)

  12. #152
    Community Member pSINNa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    G-Land/Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    728

    Default Update my old Bard?

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Just a little theorycrafting here: a pure PDK Warchanter / Swashbuckler to take advantage of the recent buffs to bards. The high concept is to have as many CC abilities based on either ice (Frozen Fury, Spinning Ice, Skaldic Scream, Burst of Glacial Wrath) and sound (bard sonic spells / SLAs) as I could squeeze in. Plus Grease, the ultimate party buff. Along the way I boosted bardsongs as much as I could afford: full WC bonuses plus Spell Song Trance.

    Obviously a +1 HoW is necessary to eliminate the initial fighter level. Harper is not required but recommended for Know the Angles, since pure bard doesn't get Divine Presence. +5 DEX tome for Precision feat pre-req, +2 INT tome for extra skill points; adjust actual stats based on available tome(s).
    Code:
    PDK Warmaster
    Bard 20
    True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight
    
    
    Stats
                   32pt     34pt     36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8        8        8                4: CHA
    Dexterity        8        8        8       +5       8: CHA
    Constitution    14       15       16               12: CHA
    Intelligence    16       16       16       +2      16: CHA
    Wisdom           8        8        8               20: CHA
    Charisma        18       18       18               24: CHA
                                                       28: CHA
    
    Skills
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Perform   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spellcr   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Bluff     4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Diplo     4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Tumble    4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Haggle    4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    UMD       4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Balance   2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  21
    Heal      2     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     11
    Search    1  1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1  11
             ------------------------------------------------------------
             40 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11
    
    
    Feats
    
     1        : Single Weapon Fighting
     1 PDK    : Shield Mastery
     3        : Quicken Spell
     6        : Spell Focus: Evocation OR Insightful Reflexes
     9        : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12        : Improved Critical: Piercing
    15        : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    18        : Precision
    21 Epic   : Inspire Excellence OR Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Improved Shield Mastery
    28 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting OR Lasting Inspiration
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction OR Overwhelming Critical
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Air OR Feywild
    
    
    Spells
    
    
    
    1. Grease (1), Sonic Blast (2), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    2. Soundburst (4), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    3. Haste (7), Displacement (7), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    4. <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    5. <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    6. Greater Shout (16), <Any>, <Any>, <Any>
    Enhancements (80 AP) Warchanter (43 AP)
    • Skaldic: Constitution, Weapon Training, Song of Heroism, Fighting Spirit, Victory Song, Warmaster
      1. Poetic Edda II, Enchant Weapon
      2. Arcane Shield Chant III, Iced Edges III, Sprint Boost I
      3. Ironskin Chant III, Frozen Fury III
      4. Reckless Chant III, Northwind III
      5. Expeditious Chant III, Chant of Power III, Howl of the North, Spinning Ice III
    Spellsinger (13 AP)
    • Spellsinger, Music of the Sewers, Music of the Dead
      1. Studies: Magical III, Sonic Blast III
      2. Marigold Crown: Violet
      3. Spell Song Trance
    Swashbuckler (12 AP)
    • Confidence, Swashbuckling, Uncanny Dodge
      1. Blow By Blow: Melee III, Tavern Shanties I
      2. Fast Movement, Double Strike Boost I
      3. Skirmisher
    Harper Agent (7 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Traveler's Toughness II
      2. Know the Angles II
    Purple Dragon Knight (5 AP)
    • Damage Boost
      1. Cormyrean Knight Training, Improved Recovery
    Destiny Twists of Fate (32 fate points)
    1. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    2. Lithe (Tier 2 Shadowdancer)
    3. School Specialist: Evocation (Tier 2 Magister)
    4. Legendary Shield Mastery (Tier 2 Sentinel)
    5. Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)
    G'day, Coit here .

    Wondering if anyone has given this a go - I am looking at updating my old pure Horc GS Greatsword swinging Bard, back then it was a great build with reasonable solo ability and top notch raid buffage/support.

    This looks like it may be a lot more fun on the melee side (the new ice CC and some SW dps and abilities) with again the same top grade raid buffage/support.

    I was just wondering how seriously the DPS would suffer compared to the rogue/fighter/bard 2/3/15 splits I've been reading up on, and whether it would be Reaper viable (mainly soloing on those - I only tend to group up for raids these days), remembering I don't expect it to be top notch with dps, only decent.

    Also being aware that the traditional spell based CC is only viable up to a point even being fully Charisma based without the full Spellsinger complement, but not being too distressed on that point, as I only do low scull counts - I'm not all that hard driven elitist these days, being more interested in enjoying the dungeons and having fun (while not being completely gimped of course ).

    Thanks in advance to anyone that has a little input for me on this point, I've already begun farming out good Shortswords and Bucklers, and have Dunrobar Seals, Goristo Hides etc with some other old tasty items (was a bit of a heavy item farmer back before I had my break ), and will treat this character to a +7 Supreme Tome when she TR's into a PDK.

    Have a good one all,

    Coit out ....
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

  13. #153
    Community Member pSINNa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    G-Land/Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    728

    Default Barrel Full of Monkeys.

    Well, my previous post doesn't need an answer now.

    I've gone and TR'd my lvl 23 old spec TWF Axesinger variation (I've left the pure Bard alone for now) into the rogue/fighter/bard 2/3/15 variant and what a tonne of fun it is!

    I haven't gone the Swashbuckling route, as I just can't bring myself to single weapon fight sword and board, no matter how cool or optimised it may be, it's a personal preference thing.

    All my melee's have always been TWF and I suppose they always will be. It's just a thing......



    So I've taken Bastard Sword, I like the glancing blows, there are some great ones for end game, and it's compatible with the Purple Dragon Knight Charmisma to hit and damage.

    I've sunk points into Kensai to wring as much damage as possible out of his melee, and once he hits lvl20 I'll post the full breakdown along with a some comments on performance.

    I've taken Empower Heal and Extend, because again, I'll always take extend on a caster with haste, displacement, rage, etc. It's just how I roll.
    An extra point to the Angles enhancement, making it Tier 3, again, I just hate short recasts of something, 1 minute vs 2 with 1/2 the spell point cost, take my ENH point!


    So far, this thing is a genuine self sufficient Battle Bard, and the Ice abilities are crazy, pretty much a never miss, and the melee damage, self buffs, and heals are exceleent.
    I've slotted as much PRR as possible, and now he takes just enough damage to proc his Torc constantly without really going down much on HP, happy days!


    Congrats to the OP for putting this build idea into play, and outlining enough for the concept to be followed with personal preference in variations.


    Hope you are all having as much fun as I am with this setup.

    Coit out .
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload