Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Blizzard annouced that they are doing this in response to a petition drive. It is all over the net. Oh, and that is free marketing.
    But apparently he played WOW.

Plenty of Easter eggs here with nods to real life people/memes/things. I suspect if anything were to be done it would be slipped in most easily to upcoming content at the whim of a developer who really liked RW and somewhere it fits.

So.... what content do we have coming up where RW references might fit?
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    But apparently he played WOW.

Plenty of Easter eggs here with nods to real life people/memes/things. I suspect if anything were to be done it would be slipped in most easily to upcoming content at the whim of a developer who really liked RW and somewhere it fits.

So.... what content do we have coming up where RW references might fit?
    Good point--I mentioned the Carnival for obvious reasons...not sure if Epic Orchard would work (and would be a bad choice) Pirates 3BC is done; in a different timeline it could have had a Hook mention but it was not a good film...

Note that apparently WoW is creating an NPC in a tavern, which is in poor taste (so I am sure that idea is out).

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Good point--I mentioned the Carnival for obvious reasons...not sure if Epic Orchard would work (and would be a bad choice) Pirates 3BC is done; in a different timeline it could have had a Hook mention but it was not a good film...

Note that apparently WoW is creating an NPC in a tavern, which is in poor taste (so I am sure that idea is out).
    While I liked the man I don't think adding something for him here would be appropriate and if we were do something for a recently dead celeb. I would say MS. LB a true Hollywood icon

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    While I liked the man I don't think adding something for him here would be appropriate and if we were do something for a recently dead celeb. I would say MS. LB a true Hollywood icon
    I loved LB growing and did poor imitations of HB pulling on his ear lobe

Just something subtle--for all the fantasy films, multigenerational fans, and inspired educators. Something that you would not notice unless you were 'in the know'

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide

just thought of something subtle for Orchard of M--have a dead poets corner

No. Just stop. I haven't read anything here that would make him deserve such recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    No. Just stop. I haven't read anything here that would make him deserve such recognition.
    Read this thread here then.

Read this thread here then.
    Exactly what? I don't see anything deserving him to be "commemorated into ddo".

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Would you be against him given a cameo much like Andrey the Giant was given? Because while he was a gamer, I can't think of anything he ever really did for DDO. I don't think he earned anything more in the game.

Outside the game? Utterly different matter.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I loved LB growing and did poor imitations of HB pulling on his ear lobe

Just something subtle--for all the fantasy films, multigenerational fans, and inspired educators. Something that you would not notice unless you were 'in the know'
    Now something like you suggest would be cool

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

The simple fact that a hugely popular mainstream celebrity openly spoke about gaming like it's a normal thing is a huge thing for the industry and players who still struggle with the stigma of such pastimes. That alone deserves the recognition, aside from the fact that he played with us. Vin Diesel would deserve it also for the same reasons.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    The simple fact that a hugely popular mainstream celebrity openly spoke about gaming like it's a normal thing is a huge thing for the industry and players who still struggle with the stigma of such pastimes. That alone deserves the recognition, aside from the fact that he played with us. Vin Diesel would deserve it also for the same reasons.
    Vin "I'll kill you with my teacup" Diesel (who's played D&D with Dame Judi Dench!) would be a nice easter egg reference in a bar. Such things add funny flavor to the game without getting in the way for those who don't get it.

If WoW is doing something, it would be easy for DDO to adjust a tiny bit of text. Again, not to make a maudlin 'roadside memorial" thing but an in-universe jest/suggestion to those that catch on. I already mentioned the djinn.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12