Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Title.

For example, when you're running Shroud and someone tries to sell you shards instead of putting up for a roll, what do you think about this?

And what about people who try to buy up-for-roll items?
    This happened to me just the other day on Cannith, Ran the shroud raid and the shard of supreme power dropped for a few people. Well they said to roll for it so the ones wanting it did. I won the roll but then another player offered to pay 50k platinum for it so it went to him instead of me who won the dice roll. This ticted me off because what they had just done was did away with rolling the dice for it and just sold it to whoever would pay the most. This game is based on the D20 they don't realize that when they do away with that then the game just becomes just another video game. And besides that if they had planned on selling it in the first place then they should not have told anyone to "roll" for it. It's just plain disgusting that money is god even if its fake money in a role playing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    For the bazilionth time: Your loot, your rules.
    This.

Was a big no no before Motu I think.

Something happened around Citw, probably people got sick getting nothing from the raid, someone started selling loot for Commendations, eventually some "old timers" gave in too.

I would never ask for anything or "call dibs", would just shut up and maybe hope for someone generous to put stuff for roll.
    Was in one Citw, pulled Pinion I got a tell if I wanted Commendation for it, traded it for last Commendation I needed for Balizarde upgrade. There was a monkcher in that raid with Lit2 or something. Fortunately I saw him 2 days after wielding Pinion.
    I really felt bad, never do it again.

It's really lame.

The worst are people linking raid gear then asking many times DURING the damn raid, usually contributing nothing.
    I have no problem excluding those from rolling, bite me. And of course ask friend first, or prefer a toon which I think would need it more ( Torc d70 high, blue bars priority for example ).
    And proxy rolling or even selling loot after winning a roll - I would ignore / decline you from now forever.

I would also honor the roll, not changing my mind if someone offers me trade in a tell suddenly or something.
    Shroud shards for plat ? That's super lame. Never seen or hear about that.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Totally agree with your loot is your loot - your loot - your rules.

Just like my loot and my time - my loot and my time and my rules. Someone mentions before a run they're looking for something specific and I have it in my bags, I'll give it to them. If I don't have it in my bag and I pull it, I'll give it to them. Same if they mention it towards the end - if I have it and can, I'll give it to them. Flat out give, no trade, no pp, no whatever. Most players will do the same. We've all been there with GS and half of us running the raid again is either for favor or for the fun of it. I would be surprised if there's anyone in the forums who doesn't owe at least half a dozen people a bit of gratitude for helping them with their greensteel.

Now, if someone is selling things during the raid and then looking for handouts later (or at the same time), oh hell no. If you're trying to make some worthless pp off someone trying to get their GS, I wouldn't pass anything over to someone like that - or even acknowledge their roll if I put something up for a roll - my loot - my rules.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

What is the general consensus about bind on equip items? Can we be sure all the ones found on the auction house were "cleared" by first making sure nobody else in the group wanted it? While i agree it's lame for people to sell things in chest, is it really much different than someone looting something to sell it later? Or is it just more visible?

2014 DDO Players Council

Lame, yes. But at least honest.

I'll take loot-sellers over the lying folks trying to defraud others out of their loot any day.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    What is the general consensus about bind on equip items?
    I always put bind-on-acquire items up for roll, if I don't need them myself.

But I'm always astonished on the rare occasions I see someone do that with unbound loot, which is what bind-on-equip is before it's equipped. Just loot it now; you can give it away later!

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    That's so specific it must be real. Is your list long Thrudh?
    I'm not Thrudh, but it is real, and, thankfully, fairly rare. I've only got 2 names on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    For example, when you're running Shroud and someone tries to sell you shards instead of putting up for a roll, what do you think about this?
    Ask if you can borrow it for a short duping.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

Hi,

I suppose selling raid loot and other bound items like shards of power is really only the business of whoever pulls them. It's their loot after all, not anyone else's.

That being said, when I don't really need an item I've pulled myself, I normally put it up for roll rather than sell it. I like to see newer, less wealthy players have a chance of getting the good stuff too.

I got some nice loot when I was new to the game and really appreciated the generosity of the people who did that for me. I think it fosters a nicer community when people share the loot around.

Sadly, there have been a few times when I've put stuff up for roll that I've regretted it. Some people will apparently roll on anything, no matter how apparently useless it is to them, because they are just that much greedier than everyone else.

I know that you can't always tell whether or not someone will use an item which doesn't seem useful to them, but the old 'I'll be using it when I do my x life' reason sometimes wears a bit thin.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

It's lame.
    Same goes for the other way around (trying to buy loot that is still in the chest from someone or even before any chest is opened).

However it's your loot. Do what you want. I just ignore those people.
    If you tried to buy the item from me before I even had the chance to put it up for roll, expect to be excluded from the roll.
    Last edited by Eth; 08-12-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Your loot is yours. If it's in your name, do whatever you want, I won't hold it against you - unless you be a **** about it.
    If you put it up for roll, I have some respect for that, though still not much; it's the expected thing to do.

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

It's generally frowned upon, don't do that. And don't proxy roll for friends either, that's also frowned upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

Your loot is your loot.

My last experience with buying in chest items, was running a PUG EHard Fall of Truth, the raid leader who was only running it for Comm's had a pair of Halycon boots drop, and offered to trade them for Commendations of Heroism, I offered to trade mine, and no one else spoke up. I got a nice pair of boots, the raid leader got another Comm. And I can guarantee you that if the raid leader just put it up for roll there would be people rolling on it that would just want to sit on them.
    Sarlona: Chios, Ittah, Tures - Proud member of Unrepentant Gaming

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I will be the first to defend that everyone has absolutely the right to do with what they pull. It's theirs. They get to make the choice. Take it, roll it, share it directly with someone, print out a copy of the icon to burn it in the moonlight and dance in the ashes, I don't care.

However, as with all choices, I will not defend that that person is free of consequence. I've noticed on Sarlona that people who try to sell chest loot start having a harder time getting in groups. And when they are in groups, people will often choose not to share with them as they in the past chose not to share with others. And that is okay too.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    What is the general consensus about bind on equip items? Can we be sure all the ones found on the auction house were "cleared" by first making sure nobody else in the group wanted it? While i agree it's lame for people to sell things in chest, is it really much different than someone looting something to sell it later? Or is it just more visible?
    Honestly, I think this isn't really connected in my head. There is a difference when you quietly loot your item to ah or trade channel later and not rubbing anyone in the groups face who may be on their 60th go in this quest that you don't even want it but aren't willing to share unless you get money. I think it's all about the feelings of the other human beings in the group. When you're not causing bad feelings (other than the crazy people who want something even if the puller also wants it) that is the key.

And yes you can't please everyone all the time, some people will get weird about the auction house. Someone gave me an EE cha blue dragon helm in a tor I did with them for my healing efforts, and apparently the same day someone else put one up on the AH, and dude got ****ed off at me because he just KNEW I posted it for shards. I calmly linked my helm and told him he should ask first, as I still clearly have mine and am in fact wearing it as he intended. So assuming where anonymous treasure on an anonymous board comes from is a perilous endeavor at best.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

My $0.02:

Selling an item you pulled from a chest is fine if the deal is agreed upon before the quest and it is passed relatively quietly and doesn't disturb other people. The same goes for passing to guildies/etc. that need stuff. You're not obligated to put your stuff up for roll, and nothing should be considered 'up for roll' until the player who pulled it says so.

HOWEVER

Selling/trying to sell stuff after pulling it, in party chat or whatever (Ex. Joe pulls a Epic Sword of Shadows shard. He immediately says "/p Anyone want to buy this shard?") is pretty lame. Equally lame is putting something up for roll, then giving it to a guildie/friend who rolled (even though theirs wasn't the highest roll).
    - Deleras has gotten much shorter than I remember.

Community Member

I was always against selling loot until FOT.

What I noticed is that people will offer to trade their item for coms and will get no takers but people will still want to roll on the item. Well, if they aren't willing to give 1-3 coms for an item (in case of EE fully upgraded!) then they obviously don't need the item all that much.

In that case I have no problems if people offer it up for plat if they get no takers for coms.

I think some people are just greedy and want to get items even if they have no plans to use it. Some sort of trade requirement does weed out the pretenders.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

The only rule about raid chest loot is there are no loot. I've had one too many people roll for something only to pass it to their friend to care what people say about the loot I get. My loot is my loot and your loot is your loot. If for some reason you want to give me your loot or put it up for a roll, more power to you. Better that than to take it and vendor it I say. Besides, if you give to someone else he won't need it a second time on the same toon.
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    This is a pretty old topic, and I don't think much has changed since it was a popular topic to discuss. However, my basic impression of the distilled answer is detailed into two points as follows:
    1) Your Loot is Your Loot, do with as you wish.
    2) Some people won't like the decisions you make with your loot, accept that they may no longer want to run with you.
    I think this pretty much all there is to say on the subject.

Community Member

yes, it's lame indeed.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast