Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Because it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Because the other difficulties are boring.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    CoVs have always been almost the entire reason ever since they were implemented. But now you gain Seeds running Epic Casual...

XP/time ratio... is bad. You get a bonus the first time through (nice for Iconics!) but so does Epic Normal and even Epic Casual. EEs are now once per life. It doesn't matter how fast you can complete an EE, unless you're 1-shotting everything then EH can always be done faster.

The Tiered Loot topic definitely has some mixed opinions at Turbine, but it's likely getting discontinued or left aside at this pace, either way it won't affect our lives much... too many casuals complaining they can't powergame.

Drop Rates seem to be the only thing we have left, but honestly some items seem to hard to drop that I doubt we're making any decent progress by trying EE instead of EH.
    Also, for many quests out there, you can do a EH in half the time and just run it twice, 0% chance of failure and you're getting a lot more XP.

Then we have Drop Rates for Raids, since those can't be easily repeated but... there's a large different from EN to EH and to EH to EE.
    Epic Elite raids should drop something REALLY awesome and at a GOOD rate (instead of running it 100 times to finally drop an item), how about some (multiple) guaranteed Dragonshard Essences?
    Play it for fun. For the rest see ddo store. That is the way we play in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    However with all the duping that went on/is going on I wouldn't be surprised if Turbine abandons that plan and creates another new currency.
    Sure, we absolutely need a 4th currency and leave the other 3 broken. Turbine needs to fix broken stuff instead of bucketing another layer of goo on it.

I think the drop rates should be given a huge boost in EE across the board to equal out the huge difficulty bump from EH to EE. Instead of drop rates being 3%/4%/5% it should be more like 3%/4%/12%.
    I agree on EE getting higher rewards, but EN/EH should not get a endless grind especially not if minor version of loot like EN/EH is handed out.

But now you gain Seeds running Epic Casual...
    Maybe I missed something but which EC quest has Seeds in end reward list?
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-08-2014 at 03:16 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    this, and sagas....and loot...and covs....and the exp is ok
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Community Member

Solo: only for first-time bonuses and saga rewards if I can be bothered.
    Pugging: because it's the only difficulty at which I'm likely to be able to add to my "Unique Excuses I've Heard People Make For Dying" collection.

My two personal favourites at the moment are: "I was just about to UMD a Heal scroll but my dog started humping my leg", and "Sorry guys, I got distracted; my wife came in and started screaming at me. She just found out about my girlfriend."

He completed the raid before logging off though, fair play.
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

SAGAS!

Seriously - Why do you need any more incentive to run EE than that?

Sagas are the ONLY reason I'll even step into an Epic Elite quest! {Ok not quite the only reason as I like to have my Adventure Compendium showing the max difficulty BUT that's a one run thing - Sagas are forever!}.

The Devs could help by making a couple of new Sagas for the Epic quests that don't have them yet:

Phiarlan Carnival + Menechtarun {Maybe we could get a quick and dirty Epic Update for Desert Caravan {should be easy enough to Epic!} while we're at it.

Red Fens + Vault of Night + Beyond the Forge {Made to Order on Heroic}

Orchard Epic Saga.

Necro III + IV Heroic Saga.

Vale of Twilight + Amrath Heroic Saga

IQ + DD Heroic Saga

Harbinger + Reign of Madness + Delirium Heroic Saga
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 08-08-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

^

epic hard has its place, but i have a lot more fun when an easy/any victory is not assured.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pooklebunny View Post
    "Sorry guys, I got distracted; my wife came in and started screaming at me. She just found out about my girlfriend."

What a trooper. That's what i call a team playa.

These posts come up every three days and they are boring.

But I will agree it's the developers fault for making tier'ed epics. Give me back pure epic.
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifubob View Post
    What a trooper. That's what i call a team playa.
    Ba-dum CHING!

Very good
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Give me back pure epic.
    I miss the good olde days.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

So...just a thought...but if COV's were the incentive to run them...then why was I joining pugs and guilds runs for them before COV"s were introduced? And why where the other players posting the groups?

People who want to, and enjoy, running EE are. People who don't enjoy it, and that is a large number of players, and I'm not saying more than who do ee or not as I have no idea, just a large number. This is a game, we should not be looking to 'incentivize' people to do a difficulty level that sucks the fun out of the quests for them. It's not a corporation where we need max profits, and those other players are fellow free willed beings, not our employees to force to give 110% every day. I think that gets forgotten a lot.

If we want to court that crowd into EE, we have to identify why it's not fun for them (and it's not the same reason for all of them) and address making it fun.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_one_dwarfforged View Post

epic hard has its place, but i have a lot more fun when an easy/any victory is not assured.
    Then run the difficulty that is more fun. Nobody is forcing anyone to run EH.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

CoVs have always been almost the entire reason ever since they were implemented. But now you gain Seeds running Epic Casual...
    Part of the underlying problem though is that this entire statement seems like it should be taken for granted as the way things should be and it somehow made sense. Why are CoVs the only reason for running EEs? Answer, because the only reason for running the quests was to TR and do it all over again. There was no challenge, no end-goal. Once people started accepting that you could sell experience in the store, that is what the game's purpose became about, gaining experience so you could TR. This created a problem because it provided a signficant grind (not challenge) to constant gameplay for a significant portion of the player base. So, Turbine tweaked that barrier and in its typical fashion swung the pendulum too far to the right when trying to fix how far to the left it had swung.

My problem is that the people (not necesarily the OP in the quote) who argue Turbine should never have instituted the two seed policy are usually setting their definition of challenge and end-game too low. Simply going back to having the sole motivation of running EE be that it is the most efficient way of getting CoVs inherently sets the bar for gameplay and challenge at constant TRing. I would rather leave the 2 seed policy in place and focus on crafting a stable end-game raid environment where there are more than 1 or 2 challenging raids at any time. Where the best loot is gained in questing and not in auction house. In any number of other changes to the game than just settling for arguing over how high the pay/grind toll is on the gate to redoing quests.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

This.

In addition to all the points already given, seeds only drop when you're at level cap anyway. So what's the issue here?

Well first of all heart seeds are now easy to get. EE is still the way to go if you are farming CoVs. Right now the consumables are meh but Turbine plans to implement more compelling CoV uses in the future. However with all the duping that went on/is going on I wouldn't be surprised if Turbine abandons that plan and creates another new currency.

I think the drop rates should be given a huge boost in EE across the board to equal out the huge difficulty bump from EH to EE. Instead of drop rates being 3%/4%/5% it should be more like 3%/4%/12%.

I'd also like to see some nice (not best in slot or required) items/consumables drop on EE and be EE exclusive. Perhaps deathward potions, heal over time potions and the CoV turn ins. Also would love to see cosmetic armor/hats/eyes/pets drop and be EE exclusive.
    nice suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Incentive for what? all ya need to do is splash a couple levels of monk and a couple levels of paly into any build and EE is just as easy as Casual.
    well, 3bard is the new 2monk. And you don't get uncentered because you picked up an odd-shaped piece of fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Pooklebunny View Post
    Solo: only for first-time bonuses and saga rewards if I can be bothered.
    Pugging: because it's the only difficulty at which I'm likely to be able to add to my "Unique Excuses I've Heard People Make For Dying" collection.

My two personal favourites at the moment are: "I was just about to UMD a Heal scroll but my dog started humping my leg", and "Sorry guys, I got distracted; my wife came in and started screaming at me. She just found out about my girlfriend."

Lol please post the runner-ups

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The Devs could help by making a couple of new Sagas for the Epic quests that don't have them yet:

Phiarlan Carnival + Menechtarun {Maybe we could get a quick and dirty Epic Update for Desert Caravan {should be easy enough to Epic!} while we're at it.

Red Fens + Vault of Night + Beyond the Forge {Made to Order on Heroic}

Orchard Epic Saga.

Necro III + IV Heroic Saga.

Vale of Twilight + Amrath Heroic Saga

IQ + DD Heroic Saga

Harbinger + Reign of Madness + Delirium Heroic Saga
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    These posts come up every three days and they are boring.

But I will agree it's the developers fault for making tier'ed epics. Give me back pure epic.
    I have a gimpy toon but admit that I wish all epics were EE. EN and EH are really just heroic. Play on words, I guess

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

the way players can smoke elite raids,I say No to loot boosts in EE.I dont want exchanges full of Duped "RARE" items
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    figures, if OP thinks xp/min in EE is bad then the problem is the OP, spend more time learning the game and less time giving advices on the forums, and you won't have such problems

also sagas
    Less chest beating, more numbers. I enjoy running EE, but a guild mate of mine challenged me to look at the xp/minute and the numbers were that sprinting through EN and EH quests is far better exp/minute than moving slower through EE quests. My last defense for running EEs were that I wanted the COVs to get the reinc heart.... now... we blitz epic normals.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast