Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Television Documentary Company Seeking MMO Players

We were recently approached by a documentary production company that is working to create a television documentary in the UK for a major TV broadcaster, and are passing along the relevant information for anyone who might be interested! The company is looking for people who have formed friendships or relationships in-game that are getting ready to meet in real life for the first time. Please read the following from Back2Back Productions, and direct any questions through the contact information below. Good luck!

“Award-winning television production company Back2Back Productions (www.back2back.tv) are currently working on a television documentary that explores relationships between MMO players.

The film aims to challenge some of the preconceptions held about virtual gaming, portraying the MMO community in a positive light.

The production team have filmed extensively with couples that first met in universe, who have since gone on to form families in real life. They are now looking to feature two DDO players who have met in-game and are now planning to meet IRL for the first time.

If this applies to you or someone you know and would like to contact the team, please email Ariel.Pintor@back2back.tv. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-11-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

To bad this was not a back in 2009. I met my fiancée while playing games online. She is from Malaysia and after we met online a year later we met in person in Europe, and then we met again a year after that in Malaysia. That was 2.5 years ago and now she will be landing in Chicago on the 12th of September. We will be getting married in October.
    Member of Mythical

...All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Until it's put on the air for the entire world to see, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post

They meant, like, DC's, and PRR, that sort of thing.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post

I'm pretty sure they mean until you accept and sign the release form. Unless the UK laws about that are very different than the US ones.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    To bad this was not a back in 2009. I met my fiancée while playing games online. She is from Malaysia and after we met online a year later we met in person in Europe, and then we met again a year after that in Malaysia. That was 2.5 years ago and now she will be landing in Chicago on the 12th of September. We will be getting married in October.
    Congratulations! That still sounds like an awesome story.

This reminds me - some low level character (sub level 10) hit my LFM for FOT last night just before I hit accept I noticed his level split and count and stopped - sent him a tell that it was an epic raid......he telled (gramar police) back saying he just wanted to say something to the group....I asked 'like what'....he said something about a show (not sure what kind)....I asked group - got crickets so I said no....his parting shot.....'I coulda made you a star'....sure whatever.

This was on Argo - 7pmish PST.

Same people? Probably not. But this post reminded me of that. Is there anything else officially unofficial you know about Cordo?
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Technically you will be meeting sometime. I definitely would apply if this was the case for me.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The film aims to challenge some of the preconceptions held about virtual gaming, portraying the MMO community in a positive light.
    Finally we are going to get some recognition for staring into our computers for hours on end. I always knew we were doing God's work.

lovely story--congratulations!

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Congratulations, I hope things go well for you two!
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 08-07-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    ....his parting shot.....'I coulda made you a star'....
    Sounds like you were being invited to do some private webcam work.

My guild leader and I met via DDO.
    We aren't ina relationship or anything. He's married and I live with my girlfriend.

But if this company wants to pay for me to go from the UK to Hawaii to meet him. I am up for this.

Ideally a real MMO gamer experience for the small screen would mean a two week stay at an all inclusive hotel and a new gaming laptop to take with me.

Here is a geeky pic (with my best friend who also plays DDO and other MMO's, but we met a few times before and he only lives 20 mins away so probably not as interesting) to get the creative producer juices flowing. I'm the bald one.

I'll start holding my breath now...
    Level 20 commoner.

I just realised that some people might think that this whole thread is a hoax. But My friend and I are "Ready to believe you"
    Level 20 commoner.

2016 DDO Players Council LeoLionxxx's Avatar

Mail them anyway. You might be able to get a mention or maybe they could film part of your wedding!

(you know, if you want).
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

This is funny. I'm meeting someone tomorrow and then again someone else on Tuesday. Just friends. I was going to the US for a relative's wedding and decided to visit

I've done this before met people from online - all just friends. And made some lovely friends thereby who I still catch up with in real life not just online.
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    This is funny. I'm meeting someone tomorrow and then again someone else on Tuesday. Just friends. I was going to the US for a relative's wedding and decided to visit

I've done this before met people from online - all just friends. And made some lovely friends thereby who I still catch up with in real life not just online.
    I have also, mostly from guilds I was in. I've met in person...mm...four people from the game, and am supposed to have lunch with a fifth who lives in a town an hour north of me but schedules are crazy. LOL There are some really lovely people in this game!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Mail them anyway. You might be able to get a mention or maybe they could film part of your wedding!

(you know, if you want).
    A wedding, I bet the TV company would jump all over that...even if they divided the time among other things, which documentaries often do.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Absolutely apply (if you want to be in), I bet they'll love it!
    I'd be tempted to apply myself, except the IC meeting was at a larp, and the wedding was 14 years ago :P

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Sadly they missed it by a long time...
    We had a South African couple from the guild going around Europe and meeting several people last year.
    ( I won't even mention the French-UK Meetings, there's been so many of them over the time that it's not fun... Last one was 4 or 5 weeks ago... )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast