Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SO Guild has purchased all ship amenities

available for plat. What to do now with the plat in the guild bank?

Maybe set up a auto restocking potion station? :P

Tell me your ideas!

Pay rent in plat for themed music piping throughout ship?

Pay rent in plat for deck by deck access to orien and farshifter amenities?

Pay rent in plat for deck by deck access to captain?

Pay rent in plat for ????
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 08-07-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Community Member

I am assuming your guild is less than 140 so wait until you gain a few levels and buy more stuff/upgrades for plat.

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    I am assuming your guild is less than 140 so wait until you gain a few levels and buy more stuff/upgrades for plat.
    Nope. Got it all, and in fact one of the member has deposited nearly 10 million plat just for fun. So what to do?

And is also a general question to the community. What would you like to be able to do with that fund? (other than withdraw it)
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 08-07-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break but still whispered into my ear. Good Kobold!

Pay-Per-Use duration extender.
    Put versions of the House K vendors on the top deck, and allow Guild members to draw upon the Guild Bank as a line of credit. Or, simply make those vendors purchasable via Guild Bank funds.
    Activate PvP on the ship for one hour, all decks, for 50k plat.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

animal control officers roaming the ship.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuleAxe (Triple Completionist) | MuleSticker | MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The pawn brokers should buy from pawn brokers elsewhere and have stock?

Ship to ship pvp battles? Entry fee is a lotto?

Distribute to guildies?

Make available to withdraw from the vault when it comes back....

Pay to have services on the top deck?

Pay to fill the topdeck with decorations?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Pay-Per-Use duration extender.
    Put versions of the House K vendors on the top deck, and allow Guild members to draw upon the Guild Bank as a line of credit. Or, simply make those vendors purchasable via Guild Bank funds.
    Activate PvP on the ship for one hour, all decks, for 50k plat.
    Like.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    animal control officers roaming the ship.
    THIS. THIS MADE ME roar with laughter! +1 to you!

And if animal control officers roaming halls - don't forget to make them kobolds yelling (with sound) FRESH RAT TONIGHT!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Like.THIS. THIS MADE ME roar with laughter! +1 to you!And if animal control officers roaming halls - don't forget to make them kobolds yelling (with sound) FRESH RAT TONIGHT!
    That would be hilarious - - I'd pay a good reoccurring amount to have that on my ship
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuleAxe (Triple Completionist) | MuleSticker | MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

If I were a dev and allowed to do anything I wanted with this leftover plat/tp, the code I would want to write is:

A guild bank. I'm not talking storage chest, I mean something more like the browser mmo Fallen Sword had, where a guild was able to purchase things (or take donations, and it cost x amount of money to bind them) and they went into a special guild chest that only things that were bound to it could be put in. Anyone in the guild could use the items, and on logoff or guild quit they auto returned to the chest so others could use if someone forgot. They could not be sold again, only trashed if they were no longer wanted. The tradeoff to shareable equipment that couldn't be stolen was that you basically removed the economic value of the item, so it wasn't also a liquidable asset storage.

In addition to letting newer players see the nifty things out there to use, it would provide guilds incentive for a little while to grind gear (or plat in the ah case) to stock their banks. And it didn't have any effect on most people's desire to gain their own personal gear they didn't have to share, it just really helped players who came later to the game keep up with their guildmates in quests, keeping everyone happy. Shame the actual game it was in was kinda dull.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    That would be hilarious - - I'd pay a good reoccurring amount to have that on my ship
    It would be great to have some frivolous things to spend plat on - that would improve immersion. Make it so!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    If I were a dev and allowed to do anything I wanted with this leftover plat/tp, the code I would want to write is:

A guild bank. I'm not talking storage chest, I mean something more like the browser mmo Fallen Sword had, where a guild was able to purchase things (or take donations, and it cost x amount of money to bind them) and they went into a special guild chest that only things that were bound to it could be put in. Anyone in the guild could use the items, and on logoff or guild quit they auto returned to the chest so others could use if someone forgot. They could not be sold again, only trashed if they were no longer wanted. The tradeoff to shareable equipment that couldn't be stolen was that you basically removed the economic value of the item, so it wasn't also a liquidable asset storage.

In addition to letting newer players see the nifty things out there to use, it would provide guilds incentive for a little while to grind gear (or plat in the ah case) to stock their banks. And it didn't have any effect on most people's desire to gain their own personal gear they didn't have to share, it just really helped players who came later to the game keep up with their guildmates in quests, keeping everyone happy. Shame the actual game it was in was kinda dull.
    +1 agree. well thought out and well spoken. great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    It would be great to have some frivolous things to spend plat on - that would improve immersion. Make it so!
    perfect use of extra plat. random things that can happen on an air ship... etc. great plat sink.

+1 agree. well thought out and well spoken. great idea.

perfect use of extra plat. random things that can happen on an air ship... etc. great plat sink.
    As you completely copied my idea for a post before I could post it I have no choice but to say... ditto. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    As you completely copied my idea for a post before I could post it I have no choice but to say... ditto. ;D
    Apparently I'm in your brain stealin' yer thoughts!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Community Member

Buy a GTR (Guild True Resurrection) ship elemental and start over at level one.

*Purchasing V.I.P doesn't make you a V.I.P. Just a P.W.B (Player With Benifits)
    Turbine has a QA and UI/UX problem.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Buy a GTR (Guild True Resurrection) ship elemental and start over at level one.
    But the ships and at least tp amenities, would have to function like gear does, in a 'ship bank'. And what would the benefit be for doing so? What kinda past lives can we give a guild? Extra time on the timers is pointless and kinda boring.

Maybe it could be used to rent out the guild vendors or other vendors created that sell various things are maybe even put copies of the collectible traders on the ship somewhere. Just other things to make things more convenient.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    But the ships and at least tp amenities, would have to function like gear does, in a 'ship bank'. And what would the benefit be for doing so? What kinda past lives can we give a guild? Extra time on the timers is pointless and kinda boring.
    No opinion, so long as their is an option to see the elemental (preferably fire) burn down the ship in a blaze of reincarnation glory!!!

Community Member

On a less obsurd topic, .....

I just looked over the listing of rooms on ddowiki. I was kinda surprised there is not a pvp room purchasable. I could see that being potentially desired. Guilds holding tournaments in a controlled(more so than public pvp) environment.

Or, man, if they ever decide to scrap the cargo hold, turn it into a pvp area.

available for plat. What to do now with the plat in the guild bank?

Maybe set up a auto restocking potion station? :P

Tell me your ideas!

Pay rent in plat for themed music piping throughout ship?

Pay rent in plat for deck by deck access to orien and farshifter amenities?

Pay rent in plat for deck by deck access to captain?

Pay rent in plat for ????
    You obviosuly do what any great and grandest guild would do! Go take ur guildies to the red light district.

It's back in the alleys over in house P. Can't miss the women dressed to please.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    No opinion, so long as their is an option to see the elemental (preferably fire) burn down the ship in a blaze of reincarnation glory!!!
    Just like in The Tide Turns! They wouldn't even really have to do a new animation, just copy one. : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast