Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Epic 3BC... so far underwhelmed.

I'll admit, 3BC has never been amongst my favorite areas, and other than favor, I rarely run them....

However tonight I was bored running Epic Gianthold (which has been fun), and decided to check out E3BC. So not knowing what to expect from this Level 25 quest, I ran Two-Toed Tobias on E-Normal, and was underwhelmed. At level, heroic normal is more challenging. Actually Partycrashers E-Normal, a quest that is 5 levels lower than Two-Toed, and is more of a challenge. I'm really hoping the rest of 3BC is more interesting.

Now scaling might play a little into this, but duel boxing with hires should bring the scaling up. my caster didn't even shrine, and with the exception of Jack Jibbers damage, my fighter wouldn't have needed a hire (and with some practice, probably won't) to complete.... At least the music was an improvement.

On a unrelated note: Epic Tor Dragon gold piles were woefully underwhelming too... 300 GP for Epic Dragons?
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

You ran a single quest on Epic Normal and you're downgrading the entire pack because it was "easy"? On Epic Normal?

And people say my monk-envy is bad...

Community Member

yea... enorm is easy for any epics. pre-motu epics are abit harder then the post-motu, that has always been and I doubt it'd change. I dont know what build your running but EHard is actually easily soloable (even with scalings with hires/panthers/owlbears) for on just about any toon I've made on just about any quest chain (except maybe the highroads, but thats due more to spiky damage caused by sneak attack and lack of fortification more then anything actually challanging),

Enorm is more for casual players who dont want challenges. my flavor build ninja ran through the LOD all the way to be flagged with CITW solo on EH (abiet with panthers/owlbears/hirelings) and aside from a few spots he did fairly well, and compared to most of my toons, he was squishy with relatively no self healing other then scrolls and fist of light, and thats just after hitting 20, so ED's didnt play much of a role aside from the tactics DC increase from LD, that I actually was leveling as I went through the quests.

Community Member

Epic normal, without destinies, is about on par with heroic normal at level. With destinies it's not even close IMO.

The fact that the game needs content in which to gain destiny levels, and for those who may not even have access to them, likely has a lot to do with the way epic difficulties seem off.

Community Member

I really like e3BC. Even the wilderness is interesting with ships attacking.

I think some people come into e3BC and decided they didn't like it before they even tried it.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

I guess I can see you being underwhelmed if you only ever run EN quests. I ran the chain once so far on EH with a full group and didn't think it was too challenging, except for those unsaveable spike traps of death. that wasn't a challenge though. that was the same thing as /death.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

I never bought the things for heroic. Was long dead, and the loot wasn't there. Loot still aint there lol. I surely hope she does a better job on loot with the next epicification.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

come back after prove your worth... (at least try hard)
    Inagaki
    Argo
    CoP

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    On a unrelated note: Epic Tor Dragon gold piles were woefully underwhelming too... 300 GP for Epic Dragons?
    Kidding me? You can easily grind up 50k from garbage loot in dragons' chests, if u run all the three...
    Who cares about piles of gold? XD
    Le Ombre Di Rallaster - Italian Guild on Cannith
    Italians do it better, longer and more often!!!
    LONG COMES THE NIGHT!

We ran that quest on Elite. It was pretty easy (grindfest with the usual overinflated HP on mobs of course, but not particularly difficult) until Jibbers. At which point we got our asses handed to us. Repeatedly. We got him in the end but only because he can come through that door leaving his minions behind!

/meh. You like it or you don't. I think you're being overly hard on it OP. e3BC is way better than the heroic version - and I always really liked the heroic version. But if you don't like the theme, naturally you'll notice every little thing wrong with the quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

OMG *** epic normal is too easy DOOOOM FTW!

What I do *love* about epic 3bc, is making a public lfm about the wilderness, have someone randomly join, hear that an airship is afoot and watch them get one-shotted, recall, ragequit
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

I like epic 3BC overall, but the inconsistency is extremely high with

1. the pack itself
    2. the quests at level

That is what i noticed.

In a very long time, i was pulverized in an SRE zone, which was a new experience but not one i was very entertained by

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

ON top of the enormal issue which has been ground to death in the thread, I personally think you picked the most boring of all the quests to do. Two toed was boring to me before epic three barrel was an idea while the rest of the set was more interesting, and it's still boring after. The rest were fun, and Prove YOur Worth has gotten meaner.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    I'll admit, 3BC has never been amongst my favorite areas, and other than favor, I rarely run them....

However tonight I was bored running Epic Gianthold (which has been fun), and decided to check out E3BC. So not knowing what to expect from this Level 25 quest, I ran Two-Toed Tobias on E-Normal, and was underwhelmed. At level, heroic normal is more challenging. Actually Partycrashers E-Normal, a quest that is 5 levels lower than Two-Toed, and is more of a challenge. I'm really hoping the rest of 3BC is more interesting.

Now scaling might play a little into this, but duel boxing with hires should bring the scaling up. my caster didn't even shrine, and with the exception of Jack Jibbers damage, my fighter wouldn't have needed a hire (and with some practice, probably won't) to complete.... At least the music was an improvement.

welcome to the club, 3BC had a shelf life of about 1 week, it is a prime example of what not to do. Contrast this with the massive success that was gianthold.

each day I play I do a five minute stealth run of Garl for great xp, en or eh

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    You ran a single quest on Epic Normal and you're downgrading the entire pack because it was "easy"? On Epic Normal?
    This. Sometimes I hate these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    This. Sometimes I hate these forums.
    And sometimes the forums hate you

Community Member

To the OP - run "Precious Cargo" on EE. It's fantastic.

3BC is starting to irritate me...

Over the past two days, I've clocked in over five and a half hours of time in the slayer area trying to find the Admiral's Tiller buckler. I've opened at least 50+ chests, and nothing but rapiers, mitts, and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    3BC is starting to irritate me...

Over the past two days, I've clocked in over five and a half hours of time in the slayer area trying to find the Admiral's Tiller buckler. I've opened at least 50+ chests, and nothing but rapiers, mitts, and boots.
    Oh dang--that thing was constantly dropping in chests for my monk. I dumped so many of them.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast