Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    You know what I hear when people whine about the LFM panel being empty? I hear that there isn't anyone willing to carry me through a quest that "I" want to do. Well here is a simple tip that has helped me out the many times when the quest I wanted to do wasn't posted. I put up my own LFM. ***GASP*** Or if I wasn't in the mood to deal with a pileon that their only goal is to grief me, I solo'ed said quest. ***GASP***

I mean for real you whine and cry because servers are dead. And I guess sometimes they may seem that way. But then I put up a LFM, and it fills in less than 3 min. LFM was for EE GH, I don't even think I put the quest I was doing in the LFM. And it still filled before I could make it to Cabal.

So my fix to the dead LFM panel, everyone stop waiting for everyone elsse to put up the LFM.

That is all.
    Thanks Captain Obvious,

But if you actually bothered to read the OP, he said that he posted an LFM and no one joined.

What's your big idea to solve that? Maybe he should start another account and join his own LFM?

When I read posts like yours I read - "I need people to read the posts to me because I'm too lazy to read it myself."

ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    what everyone else in my level is doing

I dont care about what individuals do but if I cant get a group for elite Tear of Dhakaan its time to do something Turbine
    People run their own chain of quests and don't stop to wait to find lfms as they did in the past. The norm now is to solo and post an LFM as you quest if you feel like it. In the past people waited for groups to fill before starting, but that is no longer necessary because of item/character power inflation. If your LFM says "all welcome, hires allowed, etc" you might get some newer players to join.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    If Turbine is smart, they'll make a circuit of switching the default server to bring life back to all the servers.
    If they were smart, they would do server merges so that there are more than 300 people online at a time (Actual count from Thellanis). Getting the Default status might help for a little while.... but at this point the game is not going to be retaining any serious number of players. So getting default might make the Harbor and Marketplace active again for awhile, but only a few months.

Well, in my own experience i've stopped running pugs cause of toxic players putting an flm and later complaining, insulting and even kicking you out because they die or whatever. A couple of days ago, while trying to run Jungle with my TR'd arti, no one of my friends and guildies were online so I decided to look at the lfm and saw a guy that was asking for people to join and do that quest. Worst experience ever. The guy died several times, always blaming me, refused to talk but to say that he/she was not here to talk. Well... DDO is not a job for me. It's a game. An mmo supossed to let me interact with other people. If you wanna play alone don't put an lfm... Not sure if more people feel like me but that's why I stopped joining public groups and only play with people i already know.

Ps. I'm new to the forums but i've been playing doo for about 6 years by now.

Sometimes it is the way in which LFMs are posted. Not your fault--there was a thread a while back on tips to get people to join an LFM. Sometimes newer players need encouragement. If you want vets, then be specific etc. How did you post? Just the name of the quest or did you do some description (like 'all welcome,' 'BYOH', 'need WIS person', 'all optionals,' 'XP zerg,' etc.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

The main issue here is Turbine incentivized running epics by making ETR benefits better than HTR, and having ITR for folks who still want to get HTR benefits. Scaling adds to the issue as those who want to TR in heroics are soloing to be able to zerg xp/min as quickly as possible.

New players, and folks who like heroics more (regardless of time played/level of experience) are the ones who suffer most.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Also the obvious level skippers that are for sale in the store now. 2 days ago I actually had trouble filling Necro IV.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default We Need More Leaders, Less Followers

I agree that populations are down.

But also adding to the problem more so is the game is full of followers, but has very few leaders.

We need more people willing to post LFMs. I find that over 50% of players never, ever post LFMs - they will only join them. And often it's the same people putting up the LFMs every night. Many times it's obvious 10+ people in your level range are just sitting there twiddling their thumbs/surfing the internet waiting for someone to post an LFM in their level range. If one or two of them would just grow a pair and be a leader they could all play. I see this in epics especially. If I put up an LFM on Thelanis on epics during the peak times (6PM-10PM EST) it almost always fills quickly...unless it's an obscure/hard to get to quest such as epic Offering of Blood.

Not saying the OP doesn't post LFMs often...I have no idea. But overall people need to quit being so shy. Step up and start groups. You don't have to have the quest memorized - just say in the LFM you aren't that familiar with the quest...most people won't care. If people would just do this we wouldn't have near the pop problem we seem to have now.
    Last edited by axel15810; 08-07-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakFrost View Post
    Thanks Captain Obvious,

But if you actually bothered to read the OP, he said that he posted an LFM and no one joined.

What's your big idea to solve that? Maybe he should start another account and join his own LFM?

When I read posts like yours I read - "I need people to read the posts to me because I'm too lazy to read it myself."

ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah nice burn.....wait....na not really.

I am also on Thelanis and do not have a problem filling pug groups. Not sure what the OP's problem is.

Hey watch this I'm going to fill a party for EE Storm Horns. :O
    Boldor of Renowned

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default No harm intended...

Just surprised that nobody mentioned this potential aspect of lonely LFMs.

Maybe people just don't want to group with you?

I'm not saying this is true for OP or their sever, but where I play most the time there are few people that post lonely LFMs and nobody joins, because most people had a bad expereince with that player.

EDIT ~ I forgot to add that it can also be the quest. Personally I would not join a Tear LFM since I don't like that quest much. Regardless of # of lives, there is lots of XP in the game. I skip these quests/raids usually, because I don't like them Tear, most of Necro 1-3, The Pit, Spies in the House. Made to Order and all of Eveningstar C3. Even if I was a big fan of the player posting the LFM and was offered to have my stone carried thru these, I would still rather try and solo CitW over these yucko quests. Of course, I love and hold dear a few quest that allot of folks don't like : ) ) Ghost of Perdition for example in Necro 4.
    Last edited by Livmo; 08-07-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Community Member

I am also on Thelanis and do not have a problem filling pug groups. Not sure what the OP's problem is.

Hey watch this I'm going to fill a party for EE Storm Horns. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    I dont care about what individuals do but if I cant get a group for elite Tear of Dhakaan its time to do something Turbine
    You seem to have some major problems with this 'reading comprehension' thing. *hint* There is one glaring difference in the types of groups being created here....

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Tear is so easy just solo,it can't do the optionals likely but still fast and a bit of xp,and favor and when I say solo I don't mean use a blankety blank hireling

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    You seem to have some major problems with this 'reading comprehension' thing. *hint* There is one glaring difference in the types of groups being created here....
    Holy **** there are 19 none epic lfm's up. But only 4 epic lfm's. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Nope. I got it. But the point stays the same. Done a few heroic TR's myself and again don't have a problem filling lfm's.

But hey I'm done. Whiners will whine. I guess I should just let you people be in your misery.
    Boldor of Renowned

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Tear is so easy just solo,it can't do the optionals likely but still fast and a bit of xp,and favor and when I say solo I don't mean use a blankety blank hireling
    I know a lot of people on these forums are perfectly content playing with themselves all day long. But some people join an MMO to play with other people. I understand that some players can complete faster by themselves than waiting on others. But some of us are in it to have a night fun with a partner or five, and getting xp and favor is usually only a secondary goal to that.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

Just on the subject of soloing Tear, which hire can you use to get the Int rune at level? I tried the Wiz but no joy.
    Cannith: Yasina, Sarasina, Treyanna, Tresina
    Sarlona: Jatner, Yannow, Justanna

I find it funny that people think Argo "had" a moderate population. Not too long ago, Argo and Khyber were the two most populated servers. Sadly, Argo is mostly crotchety old veterans, now (it's like a retirement home for DDO's oldest players). But, if you're basing server population off of LFM's, most people should know that Argo is extremely channel/guild-based.

Quote Originally Posted by Jatner View Post
    Just on the subject of soloing Tear, which hire can you use to get the Int rune at level? I tried the Wiz but no joy.
    You only need to buy a +4 int wand from the marketplace and the hires will do fine.
    'Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about.
    And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.'
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    - Xaositect, Thakorian, Vhaerite, Hexmetal, Praxarian, Aoskar -

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Will typically put up an LFM when i'm running something just to get it done faster.

There's been many times I've put one up, forgot about it, and had someone join 2 quest chains later... By that time apologize profusely, take the LFM down, and resign myself to soloing or joining someone elses group.

Am I a bad player that no one wants to run with? Probably. Am I running something no one else wants to run? Again, it's possible.

I"m on Thelanis, but was on a short Jaunt to G-land not so long ago; more LFM's there, but the quality of player was generally lower. Could be that most people are active in private groups - dunno
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

Heroic LFM on Thelanis is down lately, and this is at the end of the summer - you know the time when "everybody" said activity is traditionally lower...
    Heroic LFM activity is trending down over the last few years.
    I know because I play heroic levels and I post LFMs. A few fill; Sometimes a few people join and we shortman it; but mostly I end up running solo.
    Most of the players I run with are experienced, with at least a TR or two under their belts. I don't see many new players; can't remember the last time someone asked for directions to the quest or what to expect in the quest.

I can and do run solo; I just get tired of it. I join other LFMs when they are available, but that isn't very often; maybe 10-20% of the time.
    I am in a guild, and I listen in on several chat channels but have never found anyone else that levels at my pace (for more than a few days) so I am constantly looking for people to run with.
    I accept anybody in my LFM groups, except maybe the 5 or so people on my ignore list, and will try to be patient with even the most difficult self-destructive players.
    There may be a handful of people who put me on an ignore list or purposely avoid my LFMs - but I doubt it.

There have been many threads started to discuss ways to fix it, but as far as I know nothing has been done in the past 2-3 years by Turbine to improve it; except maybe some shallow marketing to encourage play in general.
    Personally I would like to see all servers merged into a single (multi-server) instance; but I no longer hold out any hope that will happen.
    IMHO the other suggestions I have read from other players are all meh and unfortunately the game itself almost encourages solo play for numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Wow. Was that on Normal or Hard difficulty? Somebody award this guy a metal! He 'jack's threads to brag about feats that almost any TR can do...
    What is it with people that can't comprehend the discussion and post inane comments that don't add anything of substance to the conversation?
    Guess what solo-meister - every person that replied in this thread can probably solo tear at level on Elite and do the optionals as well.
    The topic is that it is hard to fill LFM's - not that it is hard to do any particular quest.

Holy **** there are 19 none epic lfm's up. But only 4 epic lfm's. DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
    Nope. I got it. But the point stays the same. Done a few heroic TR's myself and again don't have a problem filling lfm's.
    But hey I'm done. Whiners will whine. I guess I should just let you people be in your misery.
    And then there is this guy... a true narcisscist. He doesn't need an award from someone else because he gives himself the only award worth having.
    First he offers useless advice based upon an inaccurate preconception of the problem, then has a tantrum because someone calls him on his ignorance.
    If he would have just "left us to our misery" to begin with we probably would not have missed him at all.

The issues with grouping in this game go far beyond population numbers, and would take a lot more then merging servers to fix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast