Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Bring TP/AS/PLAT exchange (all directions). This will fix the broken plat market, and can be another currency sink (all currencies) by charging exchange fees.
    You mean...I could buy DDO Store items with plat? Though that would benefit me personally, a lot, I rather doubt it would be good for Turbine. Farming plat is VASTLY easier than farming favor for Turbine Points.

Bad idea for reasons already stated but I do think that Astral Shards should be account wide regardless of what server you play on especially when you consider the amount to TP's they cost in the store. People should have the freedom to use them how they see fit on any server not just one.

Stoner81.

Not signed.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    You mean...I could buy DDO Store items with plat? Though that would benefit me personally, a lot, I rather doubt it would be good for Turbine. Farming plat is VASTLY easier than farming favor for Turbine Points.
    The exchange rates (daily update) would of course self-regulate the currencies like real-world currencies e.g. Euro, Dollar, CHF. So pretty likely you would need a lot of plat to get some tp.

The discussion does not exclude the possibility for only make AS/PLAT (both directions) exchange without considering TP in first instance.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-07-2014 at 01:39 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

That is a problem on exploits, fix them, ban exploiters. Not a problem on the topic itself.
    It is not a 'fix' to ban the majority of what few players you have left....

And at this point, there is little reason for people to ~not~ exploit any more. For years Turbine has been telling them that the worst that they will get is a short break from the game before they come back to all of their exploited goods.

Community Member

The exchange rates (daily update) would of course self-regulate the currencies like real-world currencies e.g. Euro, Dollar, CHF. So pretty likely you would need a lot of plat to get some tp.
    No, it would not self regulate. GW2 provides a very good example of this. After the initial few months of getting the game up and the economy seeding, the gold to gem exchange did become fairly stable and worked pretty well. Then they did a major rebalanced of the game and the population began to dwindle slightly. Now the price is shooting to many times greater than it was and showing no sign of stopping because there are no longer enough players willing to buy into the system.

DDO has many times fewer players than GW2 does, and it is seeing this massive problem caused by a shrinking playerbase. The problems would be greatly amplified here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bingobong View Post
    LOL, other games have been doing this for years. Perfect World International for example let's you exchange in-game coins with cash shop currency via an auction house exchange. NWO has something similar (although their exchange is currently "broken" due to placing artificial price caps on the exchange rate).
    Neverwinter ~is~ a Perfect World game. And it is a terrible system. Quite probably the most toxic to players of the western 'freemium' games. I really do not think that is what people want emulated.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12